VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   The Veggie Patch (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/16-veggie-patch/)
-   -   Thanksgiving (in U.S.) is fast approaching...what are you thankful for? (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/16-veggie-patch/23469-thanksgiving-u-s-fast-approaching-what-you-thankful.html)

Annie 10-27-2004 05:08 PM

It will be the one year anniversary of My husband's remission from prostate cancer.

My daughter is a beautiful, creative, smart, funny, well rounded individual.

My extended family is very close knit.

Our hearts are entertwined with friends.

CountessKerouac 10-27-2004 05:11 PM

I am thankful for:

Good parents

My decision to become vegan

Being happy most of the time

Good friends

Realizing that I want to be in a relationship

And basically everything else good in my life!

Dirty Martini 10-27-2004 05:25 PM

*wonders why this is in the heap*

I'm thankful my dad gave my brother & me the opportunity to live abroad and travel as teens, even though we had to do it on the cheap.

I'm thankful for my education, even though I'm swimming in debt.

I'm thankful for the suffragettes and feminists who came before me and fought for rights and freedoms that I too-often take for granted.

I'm thankful for having been poor throughout much of my life, for now I appreciate the things I can afford.

I'm thankful my parents encouraged me to have a mind of my own.

I'm thankful for a loving husband who cherishes me for reasons I don't always understand.

and I'm thankful for the friends that I have. I don't have a whole lot, but the ones I do have are true friends for life.

GhostUser 10-27-2004 05:27 PM

I'm thankful that Canadians have thanksgiving in oct for 2 reasons:

1. Ours is for celebrating harvest (so the produce is cheap for supper)

2. It gives us a break before the Christmas rush

GhostUser 10-27-2004 08:54 PM

I'm thankful that I won't be bothered by relatives this year; I'm leaving the night before and staying gone till Friday.

Bunny Hugger 10-28-2004 01:45 AM

*My beautiful animal companions

*being Vegan

*Being born in america

GhostUser 10-28-2004 06:06 AM

Everything I have and everything I don't.

Everything I am and everything I am not.

The people in my life that love me and people that have left that I've loved.

Friendships that have lasted throughout hard times and many years,

New friends whom I've grown quite fond of.

Animals that give unconditional love.

And that I'm not suffering some terrible uncurable disease.

Peace.

Annie 11-08-2004 03:28 PM

Wow. Seven people post what they are thankful for, yet a "stupid little gripes" thread goes on for pages. That certainly says a lot about today's society. How sad.

Seadolphin 11-08-2004 05:13 PM

I'm thankful for:

Love

My wonderful husband.

A caring, loving family.

Our cat, Abby.

The wonderful group of students I have in my class.

Having a job (as too many around me don't these days!)

Freedom

Friends

Being able to live & experience life for all that it is!

Did I mention my wonderful husband

MollyGoat 11-08-2004 08:14 PM

Annie, that's great about your husband.

I'm so thankful for my little family--my cat, my fiance, and myself, and the warm and loving home we make together whatever the circumstance.

I'm thankful for our extended families and our many friends around the country.

I'm thankful that, due to the generosity of my father, I will be graduating from college in December debt-free.

I'm thankful for the newfound direction I feel in my life and that I have the opportunity to pursue my passions.

Marie 11-09-2004 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie View Post

Wow. Seven people post what they are thankful for, yet a "stupid little gripes" thread goes on for pages. That certainly says a lot about today's society. How sad.

tsk tsk.. That sounds like a gripe.

Cherry Head 11-09-2004 06:06 AM

I'm thankful for:

My friends

My family

Realizing that just because Bush got re elected doesn't mean I can sit around and mope

Everyone whos ever helped me through a tough spot

Those same tough spots, because they made me stronger

Being able to have a roof over my head, and such.

And I'm thankful for VB!

Tash 11-09-2004 01:17 PM

Quote:

No-no..you are deff so right. It's often easier to complain and state what makes us unhappy etc. And when we think about what's right a blank stare comes across our faces, and thoughts vanish..

I'm thankful for every day. Every day above ground is a good day.

I'm thankful for the oportunity to help others, and to be supportive to my friends, animals, and family (as screwy as they can be).

Very thankful for the interesting, caring, and diverse people I've met here that continue to inspire me and give me a thread of hope.

Thankful that I live where I do in the beautiful countryside surrounded by wildlife, and the chance to observe and sanctuary the animals who stay there.

And lastly, I'm thankful that my mind evolved to the degree that I do my part to limit suffering of all animals through educating others, and my every day actions.

vggiegirl 11-09-2004 01:24 PM

My kitties

My family

My boyfriend

GhostUser 11-09-2004 06:53 PM

I'm thankful I'm not a farm animal.

This has been the worst year, and the best, in so many ways. My mom's cancer came back (bad), then she was cured (good). My poor fiancee had to word like infinity hours of overtime because of a computer crash at work (bad) but made alot of extra money (good). I went vegan and lost like 40 lbs (good), and the meat industry lost another conspirator (good) (Okay, no bad there). My step-son recently went to the hospital (bad) but looks like he's going to be okay (good). The business where I work (my family's) has been going through some rough times (bad) but we're pulling it together and I'm learning so much (good).

It's been so confusing!

Personally, I'm most grateful it's almost over. Besides, 2005 is when the Transformers are supposed to come from Cybertron to live with us, so that's kinda cool.

The Rev

CharityAJO 11-09-2004 07:14 PM

I will say that I'm grateful I had the opportunity to be introduced to veganism.

I'm grateful for the better relationships I'm developing with my immediate family members.

I'm grateful that the Sallie Mae foundation exists and I can go to school.

On that same note, I'm grateful that the Co-Op lets you volunteer for food.

I'm grateful to have a roof over my head and a steady job. I'm simple.

Scorpius 11-09-2004 07:14 PM

Quote:

Yeah well, that's because Life stinks Then You Die. Basically.

But uh....I'm thankful for the fact that I live in a fairly constant, temperature controled environment for free (though I do have to put up with the rest of my family)....I guess.

sepix 11-09-2004 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rev View Post

I'm thankful I'm not a farm animal.

yeah, poor creatures.

Just to name a few....

I'm thankful for friends who still keep in touch with me, although I'm all over the place! (military wifey)

I'm thankful for my beautiful healthy 20-month-old daughter.

I'm thankful for my supportive understanding and loving husband.

I'm thankful for veganism.

I'm thankful that my parents are still in good health..and someday I hope they'll be able to see their grandchild grow up.

I'm thankful for the U.S. troops who defend our country.

soo much more, but I'm just keeping it short and simple.

carnelian 11-10-2004 11:25 AM

I'm thankful for:

My wonderful family and friends.

My 6 amazing feline companions.

My health.

Johnny Depp (he's just so nice to look at!)

The wonderful people I've had the pleasure of getting to know better here on VB, including those I'm going to meet on November 19th!

Being employed.

Being vegan...it's one of the best things that's ever, ever happened to me!

Christy 11-10-2004 12:36 PM

I'm thankful for:

-My health

-My husband, who sees me as an equal and a partner, and makes me feel loved/desired

-My pets

-My job (especially my cool boss)

-My home (such as it is)

-My friends (especially the good ones - Leigh and Beth in particular)

-The fact that I can barely think of what to tell people to get me for xmas. That says a lot.

Formerbaboon 11-10-2004 12:40 PM

-That I made it this far.

-That I have a family that loves me, even though were all crazy.

-That I have a great friend named Matt.

-That my runaway sister came back to vegas.

-Elvis!! And all of his siblings.

rincaro 11-24-2004 11:55 AM

I was gonna start a thread like this, but here it is.

I'm thankful for:

My husband, who adores me and takes care of me and the boys like we were always his.

My sons, who constantly delight me and remind what's really important.

That I am not in want and that my family is happy and healthy.

GhostUser 11-24-2004 12:05 PM

I'm thankful and grateful for:

My family and friends.

Animals.

That I'm not disabled in any way.

That I'm not terminally ill or in the hospital.

That I've had my eyes opened to the fact that people matter more than we realize and to spend quality time with those I love.

My new friends/tenants. What a blessing.

My guardian angel.

My job, even though I don't like it that much sometimes it pays good.

Lastly, I'm thankful that the Lord always blesses me when I need to be blessed the most so that I don't have to worry about my needs.

Gracie 11-24-2004 03:26 PM

**My job, where everyone is decent, honest and respectful of each other

**My partner. She is everything I could ask for.

**Our house that we just bought. It's old and quirky (like me!), but it's perfect for us.

**My dog Honey. I have never known a happier, more good-natured dog. I am absolutely smitten with her, and have been since the day we met in January 2000.

**My new pulmonary doctor, who is kind and caring.

**My stepmom. She is an incredibly strong, classy woman. She will never replace my mom, but she is fabulous in her own way.

How could I forget--my Veggieboards friends! Y'all are the greatest!

Jinga 11-24-2004 03:29 PM

I am incredibly thankful to have a job this year!

I am also very thankful to have moved closer to my parents and that my sister found her soon to be hubby (saturday they are getting hitched).

I am grateful to have had my doggies to get me through the past year and a half. I must give them extra hugs tonight.

frenchie 11-24-2004 03:30 PM

My family, our healthy little boy is growing so fast, and I have a wonderful husband.

My animals are great companions and bring us alot of laughter.

We both have good jobs.

We have wonderful friends.

We're all healthy and alive.

berrykat 11-24-2004 04:31 PM

my family,cats, meat alternative,soy,that harry potter 3 is out on dvd,not having to eat breadcrumbs out of a dead bird's behind.........