What do you hate waiting for? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-20-2004, 06:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate waiting for my cocoa to cool down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-20-2004, 06:04 PM
Veggie Regular

EVERYTHING. I'm so impatient.
#3 Old 10-20-2004, 06:06 PM

<~~another impatient soul
#4 Old 10-20-2004, 06:07 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate waking before the alarm in the morning and then not being able to go back to sleep because I'm 'waiting' for it to go off.

B
#5 Old 10-20-2004, 06:13 PM
Veggie Regular

The dentist!

i Hate waiting in waiting rooms

it feels so closterphobic
#6 Old 10-20-2004, 06:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate waiting a week for the next episode of any show I like.

I hate waiting for the next book in the series I'm reading to come out.

I hate waiting for the bus.
#7 Old 10-20-2004, 06:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanie View Post

I hate waking before the alarm in the morning and then not being able to go back to sleep because I'm 'waiting' for it to go off.

I hate this too!!! More than anything.

I am very impatient and I hate waiting for most things. But especially...

I hate waiting for food to reheat in the oven or on the stove.

I hate waiting to graduate.

I hate waiting for my fiance to come home with the chocolate. Where are you!!!?!?!?
#8 Old 10-20-2004, 06:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate waiting for people who are late. I can be forgiving, but they'd better have a d**ned fine reason and it better not happen more than once.

I hate waiting for my kids to finish dawdling in the morning before school. (It's that LATE thing again. I can't stand to BE late either.)

I hate waiting for things I order from catalogs to come. I swear, every time a big truck passes my house I have to see if it is UPS.

Sunny
#9 Old 10-20-2004, 06:42 PM
Veggie Regular

You know what else I'm sick of waiting for - I'm sick of waiting for the woman of my dreams! Where are you dreamgirl?!?!
#10 Old 10-20-2004, 06:49 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate waiting the hour at the moncton bus terminal so I can make my connection back home. Bus terminals are notoriously seedy. Last time I was so bored, I ended up reading some religious magazines somebody had "left" on the table.
#11 Old 10-20-2004, 06:51 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate waiting on new threads to come up on veggieboards!
#12 Old 10-20-2004, 07:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate waiting for teachers to grade tests. They hold out the suspense for weeks!!!

I hate waiting for the last 3 minutes of class to be over.

I hate waiting for noodles to cook.

I hate waiting for people to stop talking so that a meeting can start.
#13 Old 10-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Banned

This damn election. Let's just fast-forward to january and get all the bellyaching over with.

One of my advisors, look, I wanted to schedule a defense last month.
#14 Old 10-20-2004, 07:50 PM
Veggie Regular

everything... but especially the subway!
#15 Old 10-20-2004, 08:00 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate waiting at the last stoplight before my house when I have to pee. It takes forever.

I hate waiting for food to cook when I am really hungry. I look at it constantly because that may actually make it cook faster.

I hate waiting for my turn when I know I have to make a presentation in my graduate classes.
#16 Old 10-20-2004, 08:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanie View Post

B

I HATE that feeling. I actually get anxiety when I know the alarm is going to go off.
#17 Old 10-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate waiting for food to cook

I hate waiting for grades

I hate waiting for mail

I hate waiting for good sales

I hate waiting for the laundry

I hate waiting for school to end

I hate waiting for doctors

I hate waiting in general
#18 Old 10-20-2004, 08:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate waiting for the mail to be delivered when the delivery person is running late. I also hate waiting for water to boil and I hate when I buy something in a store and then on the way out they have a person standing there that wants you to wait until they can get to you so they can match what you just paid for with the receipt! It's ridiculous! They are badgering the people who are paying for the products instead of the real shoplifters... don't they know that the vast majority of products stolen out of a store are stolen by employees themselves??? Okay... I'm done...
#19 Old 10-20-2004, 08:06 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate waiting for my food to cook too. I never get inspired to cook unless I'm hungry.. then I'm starving by the time my food is done.

aww.. poor Trent Steele
#20 Old 10-20-2004, 08:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkjobsluder View Post

This damn election. Let's just fast-forward to january and get all the bellyaching over with.

One of my advisors, look, I wanted to schedule a defense last month.

ditto and...

i hate waiting for next year to come

i hate waiting to grow up and start my life

i hate waiting for carrots to cook, it takes forever

and i hate waiting for movies to start, all those previews for a good 15 minutes.
#21 Old 10-20-2004, 08:35 PM
Banned

waiting in a queue on the telephone and having to listen to that boring music they always seem to play
#22 Old 10-20-2004, 08:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate waiting for the bus in the morning, and wondering if it came early and I missed it, or if it's late and I could have stayed inside longer.
#23 Old 10-20-2004, 08:45 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate waiting for the internet to come back on when it's down.

definitely hate waiting in the doctor's office.

and I hate waiting for potatoes to boil, so I cut them really small.
#24 Old 10-20-2004, 09:09 PM
Beginner

I hate waiting for the oven to preheat.

I hate waiting for the campus bus and the T.

I hate waiting for Christmas.
#25 Old 10-20-2004, 09:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm usually kind of patient, but some things really get me going...

I really hate waiting for a customer to swipe their credit card again if the machine didn't read it the first time. Some people pause for 5 seconds and stare blankly at the machine as if it's going to change its mind and take the bad swipe as OK enough. The WORST is when they look at the cashier after a few seconds and then say, "it didn't work."

Swipe the damn card again already!!
#26 Old 10-20-2004, 09:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Steele View Post

You know what else I'm sick of waiting for - I'm sick of waiting for the woman of my dreams! Where are you dreamgirl?!?!

This is something you should definitely find the patience for...dream girls/guys don't advertise. Just pay attention, it could be someone you ride the METRO with, or someone you ride the elevator with over at FDIC. Perhaps someone you run into at that Whole Foods you rant about/love/hate over the olive bar. Go to the National Gallery of Art or the Corcoran, or the Museum of Natural History, you may find her over a display of Monet, Renior, or a dinosaur bone or two. It might be at the Museum of American History over the 1st Ladies' gowns, or the Hope Diamond, or the Fonz's *eww* Leather Jacket. You may hate those places, I know when I worked in DC for the FDIC/RTC I was close enough to visit on lunch hours and met some pretty decent folks ~ not dream dates, but...point is...she could be anywhere, maybe not so obvious to you. Be patient...

As for me, I hate waiting for my period. It's certainly hormonally regulated and has been for years. But, DAMN, the couple of days leading up, I just know it's coming and wish it would get here. Another one is...PAYDAY!!! When you get paid once a month, like you get your damned period, it's tough to wait to see that hard earned $ disappear in 2 days to the bank that owns your house, your car. The only money I don't mind seeing go from that check is the money that buys the food for my dogs. They eat better than I do most months ~ the curse/pleasure of working with a commission factored into your monthly income.
#27 Old 10-20-2004, 10:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate waiting for people to get out of my way when I'm walking. You know the kind... you're walking happily along, then WHAMMO, someone cuts in front of you going at a snail's pace. You can't go around them because there are people blocking your way. So you wait, and wait, and wait... cursing under your breath.

Yeah, I drive this way too. Just get outta my &*^#ing way already. (ya, i know, i'm soooo american.)

i hate waiting for people to do whatever it is they do after using the ATM. You know, after they get their card & cash... and then they stand there, pilfering through their purse or wallet, as if they're going to do something else at the ATM. Or they neatly fold & tuck their bills and receipt, la la la.... as if I didn't have anything better to do but stand there and watch them organize their wallet. Get out of my way! I have things to do, people.

I hate waiting for price checks at the store. Or, ooooh, even better is when the person at the grocery store decides that they need one more of that last item. So they walk back to the far corner of the store to get that additional item. And then of course they have a coupon. Which is, of course, expired, but they think they should be able to use it anyway.

I'm not impatient at all... nope.... *points to halo*
#28 Old 10-20-2004, 10:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Ooooh! one more. actually two - i'm not sure which is worse. Waiting for a plane to taxi, and waiting to get off one. I hate when everyone's on the plane, then something goes wrong like the paperwork isn't completed, so you're sitting there on the tarmac for like an hour, buckled in and unable to get off the plane. that sucks.

But what could be worse is when the plane lands and people jump out of their seats, as if they're going to be immediately transported out of the plane. And they're all reaching for their bags and pushing you out of the way because you're not moving quickly enough even though there's nowhere to go. Yeah, that's fun too.

man, I just *love* waiting.
#29 Old 10-20-2004, 11:33 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikie View Post

I'm usually kind of patient, but some things really get me going...

I really hate waiting for a customer to swipe their credit card again if the machine didn't read it the first time. Some people pause for 5 seconds and stare blankly at the machine as if it's going to change its mind and take the bad swipe as OK enough. The WORST is when they look at the cashier after a few seconds and then say, "it didn't work."

Swipe the damn card again already!!

#30 Old 10-20-2004, 11:37 PM
Beginner

i hate waiting in the rain/cold to get on a bus because the idiot in front of me didn't look up his route ahead of time and now has to debate with the driver over directions and fares.

oh and people on the bus who make that gross flem noise in their throat over and over again. jeez.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page