Working in technical support gives me immense respect for those who do, so on rare occasion when I have to call for help (when the problem is beyond my abilities AND/OR not within my area of expertise, and my personal computer guru is not available), I try to be considerate, succinct, follow instructions and generally try to make the call as easy for the tech support person as I can.
I wish people would do that for me. ;-;
The typical problems I run in to are:
The screen is black!
(My response: Is your monitor turned on? 99% of the time, that's what causes it. The other 1% of the time, there's actually a problem, or the lights on the far end aren't turned on.)
Why haven't you dialed out to me yet?
(My response: I've been trying to dial out to you for the past twenty minutes. Let me verify that we have the right number for your equipment. *checks it, finds it correct, and tries again* Mr. Customer, did you see anything coming through? The customer says no, so I suggest that the equipment be rebooted. At this point we discover that it was never turned on to begin with. Apparently the customers don't understand that their equipment has to be turned on for me to dial out to it. I know that's awfully complicated. O.o;; )
My call dropped!
(*think to myself, because you were playing with the buttons. I saw you playing with them* At which point I have to relaunch the call and then spend 15 minutes typing up an error report since I'm required to do that every time a call is dropped.)
Those are the easy calls, even if they are annoying. Sometimes I'll get something really complicated, but the complicated ones are fun because it's like solving a puzzle. ^_^
We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.