• 1 Post By Aliakai
  • 1 Post By BlackBoxed
  • 1 Post By Tues
  • 1 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By silva

#1 Old 05-03-2016, 04:21 PM
The Corpulent Vegan

Myers Briggs for Veg*ns!

I'm going to preface this with the fact that I know that Myers-Briggs and the Type indicator isn't accepted science and that there is no scientific backing for it. There, now people don't need to tell me that.

That said, I do find it pretty useful when dealing with people in general, and I've used it pretty extensively for designing characters for my short stories. The general types fit cohesively, and I've found that the organization has been moving towards a spectrum rather than a concrete type.

So...a fun survey and discussion. Assuming it has any use at all, a lot of Veg*ns might get similar types. Why not test the theory?

Go take the test and tell us what result you got, then whether or not you agree with it. I've been thinking of doing a "Just for Fun" Myers-Briggs types as vegans, and how they fit in the community, and I'd love to start with a fun discussion here. I'm an INFJ btw, F/T being negotiable. :P
Purp likes this.

It's better to burn out than fade away! - Def Leppard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-03-2016, 04:37 PM
Bean Queen

Doesn't work for me. Shame, those kinds of tests are fun.
#3 Old 05-03-2016, 04:43 PM
Ethical Vegan in Training

I've taken this test multiple times before, but at this site instead. I always get INTJ.
Purp likes this.
#4 Old 05-03-2016, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

INTP-T

Holy Moly that's me! We had an old thread about this and I think I got the same, but it seems it was another site? I'm gonna see if I can find it...
This stood out, I'd just been questioning the way I respond to people--
"They love patterns, and spotting discrepancies between statements could almost be described as a hobby, making it a bad idea to lie to an INTP. This makes it ironic that INTPs' word should always be taken with a grain of salt – it's not that they are dishonest, but people with the INTP personality type tend to share thoughts that are not fully developed, using others as a sounding board for ideas and theories in a debate against themselves rather than as actual conversation partners."
Purp likes this.
#5 Old 05-03-2016, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBoxed View Post
Doesn't work for me. Shame, those kinds of tests are fun.
IT took a long time to load and then quit when I clicked on disadvantages
Purp likes this.
#6 Old 05-03-2016, 05:43 PM

INTJ for me. I get the same result every time I do the Myers Briggs test. I have a Pinterest page just for INTJ quotes, I find it so interesting. Pretty much sums me up, too....uncanny almost.
#7 Old 05-04-2016, 03:06 AM
Veggie Recycler

INFP -T

I'm usually IFP.

I rarely get TP (usually for giving "cold" answers about relating to others) ..but I strongly identify with the Jungian Fi function, which is the rational ethical function of FP types.
#8 Old 05-20-2016, 01:46 PM
Ethical Vegan Hindu

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliakai View Post
I'm going to preface this with the fact that I know that Myers-Briggs and the Type indicator isn't accepted science and that there is no scientific backing for it. There, now people don't need to tell me that.

That said, I do find it pretty useful when dealing with people in general, and I've used it pretty extensively for designing characters for my short stories. The general types fit cohesively, and I've found that the organization has been moving towards a spectrum rather than a concrete type.

So...a fun survey and discussion. Assuming it has any use at all, a lot of Veg*ns might get similar types. Why not test the theory?

Go take the test and tell us what result you got, then whether or not you agree with it. I've been thinking of doing a "Just for Fun" Myers-Briggs types as vegans, and how they fit in the community, and I'd love to start with a fun discussion here. I'm an INFJ btw, F/T being negotiable. :P
I really like the Myers-Briggs. I have taken it throughout decades of my life and have always been an INFJ--which is the rarest of types and that doesn't surprise me, considering that it's almost impossible to find people similar to my personality in life.

VEGAN = LOVE FOR PEOPLE, ANIMALS, PLANET.
#9 Old 05-20-2016, 09:15 PM

Intj.
#10 Old 05-20-2016, 09:39 PM
The Corpulent Vegan

Not that there's enough responses to draw a full conclusion, but I notice that almost all of us have the N subtype. INFP, INFJ, INTJ, INTP. N is intuitive and basically means we draw patterns and meaning, which would make sense for a group of people flouting the status quo due to our beliefs. Only about 30% of the population is intuitive, the rest are Sensing, which means they are more concerned with things right in front of them as opposed to patterns and meaning. Not to say that Sensing types are bad or anything, but it's interesting that literally everyone who answered was an Intuitive. Correlation maybe?

It's better to burn out than fade away! - Def Leppard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#11 Old 05-20-2016, 10:02 PM
Baby Love

INFJ , but I am very close to 50% with the N. That one goes back and forth often, depending on the test.
#12 Old 05-20-2016, 11:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I am ISTP according to the test. I found it interesting but I am wondering if I would also identify with other personality types as well(perhaps they're very general).

Anyways I might look at it more tomorrow.
#13 Old 05-20-2016, 11:27 PM
The Corpulent Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by odizzido View Post
I am ISTP according to the test. I found it interesting but I am wondering if I would also identify with other personality types as well(perhaps they're very general).

Anyways I might look at it more tomorrow.
On the site I linked they're a little more general, but the book I reference when I write my stories certainly isn't. It's called please understand me two, and it's super specific. I might post a text version of the quiz in that post for the daring.
#14 Old 05-21-2016, 09:42 AM
Give peas a chance

I've been INTJ for decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliakai View Post
Not that there's enough responses to draw a full conclusion, but I notice that almost all of us have the N subtype. INFP, INFJ, INTJ, INTP. N is intuitive and basically means we draw patterns and meaning, which would make sense for a group of people flouting the status quo due to our beliefs. Only about 30% of the population is intuitive, the rest are Sensing, which means they are more concerned with things right in front of them as opposed to patterns and meaning. Not to say that Sensing types are bad or anything, but it's interesting that literally everyone who answered was an Intuitive. Correlation maybe?
Maybe. From what I've read, Intuitives tend to be more liberal as well, and this forum seems to lean liberal.

I like MBTI and read everything I can get my hands on. It's been very helpful in understanding relationships.

There are certain types of personalities that I'm extremely compatible with. For instance, I adore ENFP, they are soulmates. The way they think through things out loud and connect seemingly disparate topics is like watching a strange machine work. Conversations with them are usually very compelling, and they appreciate people who are attentive and working towards a deep understanding of all the threads they are trying to pull together.

On the other side, I usually have a horrible time in my interactions with ESTP. I've been fired from 2 jobs by them. They have a strong need to be respected and obeyed, which conflicts with my compulsive drive to tell the truth, irregardless of consequences. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just want to make sure I have all the data, but they tend to interpret that as insubordinate or disrespectful.

Vegan Cookbooks Illustrated

http://vegan-cookbooks-illustrated.blogspot.com/

http://pinterest.com/VeganCookbooks/

#15 Old 08-10-2016, 09:59 AM
adapt. evolve. become

I used to get isfp, now I get intp

All we are is dust in the wind
#16 Old 08-11-2016, 12:50 PM

Ah, this is interesting. The book forum I post regularly at has also been discussing this test recently, and how keen readers also tend to fall into the "IN" bracket.

I'm an INFJ.
#17 Old 08-16-2016, 07:15 AM
Ethical Vegan

I got ENFJ-T, which is the first time I got E instead of I in like 4 years. I do tend to fluctuate (in my opinion!) between feeling introverted and extroverted anyway, so I won't debate it.

Edit: I just read through the summary afterwards, and it even says that ENFJs are a perfect fit for the field of social work - which is my profession! It's always so interesting when things like that line up.

Last edited by DenverVeg; 08-16-2016 at 07:19 AM.
#18 Old 08-17-2016, 01:42 PM
Happy vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverVeg View Post
I got ENFJ-T, which is the first time I got E instead of I in like 4 years. I do tend to fluctuate (in my opinion!) between feeling introverted and extroverted anyway, so I won't debate it.

Edit: I just read through the summary afterwards, and it even says that ENFJs are a perfect fit for the field of social work - which is my profession! It's always so interesting when things like that line up.
I fluctuate as well between ENFP and INFP.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page