• 2 Post By Thalassa4
  • 6 Post By Beautiful Joe
  • 2 Post By LedBoots
  • 2 Post By Spudulika
  • 2 Post By Thalassa4
  • 2 Post By BlackBoxed

#1 Old 04-30-2016, 12:56 AM

Blogilates And Veganism

Well in case you didn't know recently a fitness youtuber blogilates has been getting alot of vegan youtube videos taken down. She has been doing this by filing illegal false copyright claims. Specifically she is targeting those who have made videos criticizing her.

I was kind of surprised by this because the last couple of food videos she made were vegan recipes. But it's clear after this that she only made those video to capitalize on the "vegan trend". She only cares about money.

I doubt she hates vegans or veganism. But she obviously cares about money more than ethics or animals if she is willing to break the law to try and silence voices within veganism. Her workout videos are crap anyway and her diet advice is terrible. More information in the video if you want to know some details.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-30-2016, 02:45 AM
Veggie Regular

I already watched Freelee's video making this claim and I've also watched a couple of videos repeating her claim.

I was waiting to see some proof to back up these claims but haven't seen any yet, so forgive me for not watching another video repeating them.

Is there any evidence that this Blogowhatever woman is getting vegan channels taken down, have I missed where proof of her doing this has been posted online, or is it just a case of he said she said?

Last edited by Spudulika; 04-30-2016 at 03:54 AM.
#3 Old 04-30-2016, 07:23 AM
Bean Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
I already watched Freelee's video making this claim and I've also watched a couple of videos repeating her claim.

I was waiting to see some proof to back up these claims but haven't seen any yet, so forgive me for not watching another video repeating them.

Is there any evidence that this Blogowhatever woman is getting vegan channels taken down, have I missed where proof of her doing this has been posted online, or is it just a case of he said she said?
This might not post since it's linked to facebook, but this is straight from Vegan Gain's Facebook page:

From my understanding he was the only one willing to post about it, though I think Freelee "might" have made a video quickly doing a screen share of it. Either way I did unsubscribe from Blogilates even though I had enjoyed watching her videos. While I get that having videos about you in a negative light isn't fun, I feel that if she was really confident in what she taught on her channel then the heat shouldn't have bothered her.

Last edited by BlackBoxed; 04-30-2016 at 07:28 AM.
#4 Old 04-30-2016, 10:57 AM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBoxed View Post
This might not post since it's linked to facebook, but this is straight from Vegan Gain's Facebook page:

From my understanding he was the only one willing to post about it, though I think Freelee "might" have made a video quickly doing a screen share of it. Either way I did unsubscribe from Blogilates even though I had enjoyed watching her videos. While I get that having videos about you in a negative light isn't fun, I feel that if she was really confident in what she taught on her channel then the heat shouldn't have bothered her.

I saw this Vegan Gains video before it was taken down. Super funny. He makes Blogilates' exercise program look ridiculous (not that I would know which exercise programs are better than others).

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/
#5 Old 05-01-2016, 08:57 PM
Veggie Recycler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post

Freelee gets nothing but utter contempt from me. Saw her today in LA at VegFest, she and her people essentially told the Christian Veg table to take a flying leap, because she was more important. I have never been a fan, now I openly dislike her.

I think she promotes eating disorders, and now that I have seen her in action, I think she's also a narcissist. This whole "smear campaign" bs is probably just further proof of her narcissistic tendencies.
#6 Old 05-01-2016, 09:24 PM
Veggie Recycler

Quote:

Have you actually researched this? It took me all of ten minutes to find out that it was because of copyright infringement and the warning etc came from YouTube. Freelee is crazy. This is NOT about veganism.

I figured it wasn't since there's so many vegan channels on YouTube.
Beautiful Joe likes this.
#7 Old 05-02-2016, 10:38 AM
Bean Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalassa4 View Post
Have you actually researched this? It took me all of ten minutes to find out that it was because of copyright infringement and the warning etc came from YouTube. Freelee is crazy. This is NOT about veganism.

I figured it wasn't since there's so many vegan channels on YouTube.
I did minor research before deciding to unsubscribe to Blogilates, yes, but when did I ever say it was more than a youtube copyrite infringement? It's exactly what I said... I provided a very straightforward image backing up the claims that she was filing reports (from what I read about removing videos, she had to open them or her company one). Arguably, it's about vegans who disagree with her but not veganism.

I'm also not a advocate for Freelee either, I just disagree with the move to remove so many videos from many vegan youtubers.
#8 Old 05-02-2016, 03:37 PM
Veggie Recycler

Quote:
I did minor research before deciding to unsubscribe to Blogilates, yes, but when did I ever say it was more than a youtube copyrite infringement? It's exactly what I said... I provided a very straightforward image backing up the claims that she was filing reports (from what I read about removing videos, she had to open them or her company one). Arguably, it's about vegans who disagree with her but not veganism.

I'm also not a advocate for Freelee either, I just disagree with the move to remove so many videos from many vegan youtubers.
Well, because the title of your thread is Blogilates and Veganism, and you seemed to unfollow her just because of Freelee.

Unnatural Vegan is one of my favorite vegan channels, the woman there, Swayze, is so smart and logical...anyway, she made a video called something like "**** your mom...but it's OK because I'm vegan!"...at that time it was specifically about Vegan Gains, but this can equally apply to Freelee and Durian rider. People are almost psychotically defending Freelee, as though this is about vegans vs. omnis, but it's not.

It's about Freelee dishing it out, but not being able to take it. I'm not siding with Blogilates, but as far as I can tell this is more of Freelees National Enquirer sensational garbage...Durianrider has openly admitted they start drama and like haters for drawing attention to them. They are getting rich off of their channel, just like Blogilates is.

I just am annoyed with people blindly siding with Freelee, just because she's vegan, or making this a vegan-omni war, when that's not what this is.

It's not you...it's just every where. Free Freelee? And people wonder why vegans have a crazy image.

Thank God for people like Unnatural Vegan.

Just to clarify, in case this is/was not clear...Blogilates, as far as I can tell, is NOT trying to get Freelee taken down. ..just the videos which had copyright infringement. I know some people defend Freelee for drawing so much attention to veganism, although her...methods...can be offensive, even border on the insane (all non vegans deserve to die? REALLY? oh yeah that helps people want to respect and join the vegan community!)...however, Freelee has intentionally exaggerated and blown this out of proportion, dividing people irrationally into "teams" who don't necessarily really exist.
Spudulika and Conspiracy like this.

Last edited by Thalassa4; 05-02-2016 at 05:03 PM.
#9 Old 05-02-2016, 05:38 PM
Bean Queen

Quote:
Well, because the title of your thread is Blogilates and Veganism, and you seemed to unfollow her just because of Freelee.

Unnatural Vegan is one of my favorite vegan channels, the woman there, Swayze, is so smart and logical...anyway, she made a video called something like "**** your mom...but it's OK because I'm vegan!"...at that time it was specifically about Vegan Gains, but this can equally apply to Freelee and Durian rider. People are almost psychotically defending Freelee, as though this is about vegans vs. omnis, but it's not.

It's about Freelee dishing it out, but not being able to take it. I'm not siding with Blogilates, but as far as I can tell this is more of Freelees National Enquirer sensational garbage...Durianrider has openly admitted they start drama and like haters for drawing attention to them. They are getting rich off of their channel, just like Blogilates is.

I just am annoyed with people blindly siding with Freelee, just because she's vegan, or making this a vegan-omni war, when that's not what this is.

It's not you...it's just every where. Free Freeley? And people wonder why vegans have a crazy image.

Thank God for people like Unnatural Vegan.
I didn't actually start this thread, firstly. lol I just posted when it was asked if the claims were fact or rumor. So before I continue, nothing of what I said prior to this post had anything to do with Freelee other than the mention of her also showing proof about the claims. In fact, I only mentioned her in passing and nothing I said had any sort of bias towards supporting her or not.

But now that it's out there lets make my post about Freelee: "It's about Freelee dishing it out, but not being able to take it." This statement is something I have to disagree with. Freelee gets hate on a daily basis. I've seen a few anti-freelee videos and I've even read a couple of death threats on her videos. On the counterside, Blogilates has these videos openly discussing how bad her nutrition advice is (some extremely harsh others not very harsh) and then decides not to address them but simply get rid of them by trying to take them down. That is why I unfollowed her. Because her job of giving people nutrition advice puts her on a social platform where she gets critiques and rude comments on a daily basis and she should be able to take it all with a grain of salt. Not only should she be able to brush off the negative comments, but she should be able to refute what the critiques are (which so far she hasn't) On the flip side, if it had been Freelee filing take down claims because omnivores were refuting her vegan diet I would then unsubscribe from her as well. I simply found it unreasonable and it is taking away someone's opinion and freedom of speech, something I refuse to support.

Freelee is an entertainment channel to most people. She is the drama of vegan youtubers, if you will. BUT it can't be denied that she does get the message out to more people than any other youtuber at this time. And the reason is that teens and young adults often respond well to that kind of thing.
#10 Old 05-02-2016, 06:22 PM
Veggie Regular

People who thrive on drama are tiresome once one gets past adolescence.
#11 Old 05-02-2016, 07:32 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Get off my lawn!
Tom and Thalassa4 like this.

Last edited by LedBoots; 05-02-2016 at 07:40 PM.
#12 Old 05-03-2016, 04:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Most of the stuff I've seen about it on YouTube has been super sensationalist, like Freelee BANNED! or Blogolates shuts down Freelee's channel. Freelees channel taken down!" "Free Freelee!!"

Catchwords: "BANNED" "Shut Down!" "Corporate lawyers!!" "Lawsuit"

So there was a copyright infringement and a video was removed by YouTube because of it.

Freelee uses famous social media names to gain clicks, it's her job - playing other people's videos and "reacting" to them (or talking about the weight gain of female celebs). She and Durianrider make no meal of using melodrama to promote their channels. Then all the hangers on jump in. It's people throwing custard pies at each other and calling it "activism".
Thalassa4 and Conspiracy like this.
#13 Old 05-04-2016, 12:08 AM
Veggie Recycler

Quote:
I didn't actually start this thread, firstly. lol I just posted when it was asked if the claims were fact or rumor. So before I continue, nothing of what I said prior to this post had anything to do with Freelee other than the mention of her also showing proof about the claims. In fact, I only mentioned her in passing and nothing I said had any sort of bias towards supporting her or not.

But now that it's out there lets make my post about Freelee: "It's about Freelee dishing it out, but not being able to take it." This statement is something I have to disagree with. Freelee gets hate on a daily basis. I've seen a few anti-freelee videos and I've even read a couple of death threats on her videos. On the counterside, Blogilates has these videos openly discussing how bad her nutrition advice is (some extremely harsh others not very harsh) and then decides not to address them but simply get rid of them by trying to take them down. That is why I unfollowed her. Because her job of giving people nutrition advice puts her on a social platform where she gets critiques and rude comments on a daily basis and she should be able to take it all with a grain of salt. Not only should she be able to brush off the negative comments, but she should be able to refute what the critiques are (which so far she hasn't) On the flip side, if it had been Freelee filing take down claims because omnivores were refuting her vegan diet I would then unsubscribe from her as well. I simply found it unreasonable and it is taking away someone's opinion and freedom of speech, something I refuse to support.

Freelee is an entertainment channel to most people. She is the drama of vegan youtubers, if you will. BUT it can't be denied that she does get the message out to more people than any other youtuber at this time. And the reason is that teens and young adults often respond well to that kind of thing.

Freelee is a peer from my own age group (she's 36, not 21) and she constantly calls people fat, as well as other childish taunts which have little to nothing to do with either veganism, or nutrition. That's what I mean by dishing it out and not being able to take it. Even some of her fruit bats admits she's a *****, or that her style is too abrasive.

Do you have any proof at all Blogiliates actually filed a law suit? That's my complaint with this whole nonsense, it seems mostly made up/exaggerated by Vegan Gains, for yet another reason for them to hate someone.

Do I dislike Blogilates diet tips? Yes. But the way Freelee has even dealt with other vegans is absolutely scandalous. Actually, I mentioned Unnatural Vegan - who is recognized by some as being one of the few sane vegan voices on YouTube (I like Bite Size Vegan, too but to stay on topic...) Unnatural Vegan prioritizes science and rational activism. In fact, I really admire her logic. I can't be as logical as she is...point being, when she departed from 30 Bananas a Day, Freelee and Duran rider accused her of "sneaking chicken burgers and big macs" though she's a committed vegan. UV was very kind...way too kind...about saying all the fruit didn't work for her, caused weight gain...and these people just attacked her. Now, years later, UV speaks out against the 30 Bananas diet openly and encourages balanced cooked vegan diets, with a strong emphasis on healthy nutrition. ..but the point is, this is how Banana Island rolls. They accuse other vegans of eating big macs, for objectively pointing out the diet didn't work for them.

So she may get the word "vegan" out there, and draw attention to the concept, but how many ex vegans now hate Freelee, or have messed up ideas about poor vegan nutrition because of her?

She acts like her diet is the only vegan diet that works. It may work for her, but it's dangerous and irresponsible to accuse other vegans of failure if they decide on a cooked vegan diet or simply raw with less fruit. It turns just as many people off as on.

I mean, sure we can thank her for maybe sending traffic to better vegan personalities on YouTube. ..but how much damage is she doing in the process?
Beautiful Joe and Spudulika like this.
#14 Old 05-04-2016, 10:09 AM
Bean Queen

Quote:
Freelee is a peer from my own age group (she's 36, not 21) and she constantly calls people fat, as well as other childish taunts which have little to nothing to do with either veganism, or nutrition. That's what I mean by dishing it out and not being able to take it. Even some of her fruit bats admits she's a *****, or that her style is too abrasive.

Do you have any proof at all Blogiliates actually filed a law suit? That's my complaint with this whole nonsense, it seems mostly made up/exaggerated by Vegan Gains, for yet another reason for them to hate someone.

Do I dislike Blogilates diet tips? Yes. But the way Freelee has even dealt with other vegans is absolutely scandalous. Actually, I mentioned Unnatural Vegan - who is recognized by some as being one of the few sane vegan voices on YouTube (I like Bite Size Vegan, too but to stay on topic...) Unnatural Vegan prioritizes science and rational activism. In fact, I really admire her logic. I can't be as logical as she is...point being, when she departed from 30 Bananas a Day, Freelee and Duran rider accused her of "sneaking chicken burgers and big macs" though she's a committed vegan. UV was very kind...way too kind...about saying all the fruit didn't work for her, caused weight gain...and these people just attacked her. Now, years later, UV speaks out against the 30 Bananas diet openly and encourages balanced cooked vegan diets, with a strong emphasis on healthy nutrition. ..but the point is, this is how Banana Island rolls. They accuse other vegans of eating big macs, for objectively pointing out the diet didn't work for them.

So she may get the word "vegan" out there, and draw attention to the concept, but how many ex vegans now hate Freelee, or have messed up ideas about poor vegan nutrition because of her?

She acts like her diet is the only vegan diet that works. It may work for her, but it's dangerous and irresponsible to accuse other vegans of failure if they decide on a cooked vegan diet or simply raw with less fruit. It turns just as many people off as on.

I mean, sure we can thank her for maybe sending traffic to better vegan personalities on YouTube. ..but how much damage is she doing in the process?
I never said she filed a law suit? When did I say she filed a law suit? Honestly, I don't want to be rude but you really have a habit of twisting my posts. I said she [Blogilates] filed a claim on several youtubers to have their videos taken down. I showed you a picture of the claim. It's not a law suit, that's just a request to have them taken down because of 'copyright infringement'.

Here is a quote from the thread about what vegan youtubers people on VB watch:

Quote:
Info and facts about vegansim: BiteSizedVegan, Happy Healthy Vegan, Unnatural Vegan, NutritionFacts.org

Food (mostly food XD), beauty, lifestyle tips: Asian Vegan MommyTang, CookingWithPlants, Eco vegan gal, Ela Gale ♡, Fablunch, Jenny Mustard, High Carb Hannah, Laura Miller, Mary's Test Kitchen, Monami Frost, plantbased judy, So You're Dating A Vegan, The Low Salt Veg Dudes, The Nutritarian Cooking Show, The Vegan Corner, The Vegan Zombie, Veganlovlie, Veggietorials,

Entertainment/vlogs, other: Freelee the Banana Girl, FunForLouis, Life Inside A Box, Timothy Ⓥ
I neatly categorized it by what I thought was the most important. If you notice, I love Unnatural vegan, she's towards the top. I've watched all of her videos and she's someone I'd hang out with in real life. I also said I watch Freelee. She is the equivalent of a reality tv trainwreck. Most people watching her understand that. Even now, she's fighting with a 17 year old girl who actually made a video calling her out on being a jerk. And that's something I find entertaining, yes, but not everyone does. It's understood that you don't, that's fine, too.

I do have to say, Freelee has captured the art of drama. We're even continuing it off of youtube... lol
Spudulika and Thalassa4 like this.
#15 Old 05-08-2016, 11:24 AM

I'm so glad people here realise how ridiculous Freelee is. I was worried when I registered on this forum that it would be full of her "fruit bats" I too watch Unnatural Vegan She is one of the few sane vegan youtubers. I was just looking at some of Freelee's latest videos, it's just pointless stupid drama (why is a grown woman arguing with a 17 year old?) She goes on about how she wants to spread this vegan message but barely seems to talk about it anymore, just talks about how some teenager/celebrity looks overweight/has acne/is pale/whatever.

I don't agree with Blogilates either. I'm mostly watching the videos about all of this for cheap laughs.
#16 Old 05-11-2016, 12:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Ugh! Well following from all the outcry about corporate lawyers and freefreelee discussed above, the following saga demonstrates what cockwombles these people are.

I'm subbed to a vego channel called the Vegan Mojo and the guy who runs it recently received a threatening email from one of Harley's (publicly published) email accounts, demanding that this channel take down all videos that mention Durianrider or Freelee in the title. Otherwise he's going to get THEIR channel taken down.

He also went on to threatened the guy with being stalked and beaten up by DR & Freelee's passionate "hella carbed up" fans. The video where he shows the email threats has been since been deleted for violating privacy (as it shows Harley's email address). Now Harley is denying that anything happened. I guess if you delete enough evidence, the truth retroactively morphs into whatever want it to be at any given time.

This Harley guy is off his trolly. He and his girlfriend are ridiculous. I can't see how this kind of BS is good for anything but a sad little sideshow of nutters squabbling for meat eaters to s****** at. Why are all the 'vegan leaders' bonkers?

You can see the original video (uploaded elsewhere now) containing the email threats here @ 5:30:
And Harley's denial here @ 0:55:

Last edited by Spudulika; 05-11-2016 at 01:00 AM.
#17 Old 05-11-2016, 04:36 AM
Fitness YouTuber

I made a long video talking about this on my Channel, but yeah this is a really shady thing to do!!

Remove whether you like Freelee/Blogilates or not, fraudulent claims like these are ruining YouTube.

And IMO the evidence points toward Blogilates taking said action against Freelee, I explain it better in my video but checking SocialBlade shows Blogilates has her OWN MCN (Multiple Channel Network)!! Which essentially enables you to take said actions, there are other reasons for signing to an MCN (promotion etc.) but if it's your own MCN then this is pretty much the sole reason - to get special treatment with regard to YouTube rulings!

This along with the fact that a multitude of channels are reporting similar stories, corroboration yo.

Check out the YouTube Fitness Channel for Recipes, Training and Lifestyle Content!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in