How many languages can you speak? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 10-17-2004, 08:29 AM
Veggie Regular

That's cool, Spunky!

I speak English and Spanish fluently, and I can get by pretty decently in French.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 10-17-2004, 11:07 AM
Veggie Regular

English fluently, Greek slightly-fluentley, and a bit of converstional French and Japanese as well.

And, like FB, Feline with a smidgen of Canine and Rodent.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#33 Old 10-17-2004, 11:13 AM
Beginner

Well, I can speak Dutch and English, of course. I can also speak a tiny bit of German and French, but I', pretty bad in both languages. I can also say some sentences in Quenya (one of Tolkien's elf-languages), but as that's not usefull at all, I don't think that it counts .
#34 Old 10-17-2004, 11:13 AM
Veggie Regular

I speak English obviously... And some french (went to french immersion school for two years), a bit of German (6th grade) and some Spanish (3rd - 5th).
#35 Old 10-17-2004, 11:35 AM
Beginner

I speak sign language and American english. I also speak alot of spanish though not gramatically correct.

If anyone wants to learn sign language i can suggest some great dvd's to use! Sign language for dummies is OK at best, so don't buy it unless you know at least some sign language, in my opinion :-D
#36 Old 10-17-2004, 11:37 AM

English & I've studied french for 7 years so far and spanish for 5 years.
#37 Old 10-17-2004, 02:43 PM
Banned

I write English, but I think I speak the President's English, Oklahoma being smack dab up next to Texas. I can speak the Queen's English with practice, and sometimes do it for fun. I speak enough jive to get an angry black student back in a good mood, (or probably they are just laughing at my poor efforts, but they are laughing). I am semi fluent in Spanish (American not Cast.), some German, some Italian, some Latin. None of these are fit for inspection.
#38 Old 10-17-2004, 02:45 PM
Veggie Regular

English obviously, a bit of Spanish, and I can understand a pretty good amount of people who speak in Mandarin Chinese, as long as they don't talk really fast.
#39 Old 10-17-2004, 03:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I speak Dutch and English, obviously. I'm only able to speak German halfway decently if I've spent at least a couple of days with Germans. My French is rather bad, but not bad enough for me not to try to use it on people . Recently, I've learned a bit of Romanian during/in preparation for my vacation in that country. There's also a couple of other languages I picked up on while on vacation, but I would never try to say anything except the usual polite phrases in them unless absolutely necessary (Italian, Spanish and Russian).

(I'm also fairly decent at Latin)
#40 Old 10-17-2004, 04:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow. Look at all these languages.

I speak American English fluently... used to be fluent in German but I haven't spoken it much in about 6 years so it's slowly dissipating... and I'm learning Australian English now. heh. I'm also fluent in beer.

I would like to learn spanish & mandarin next... maybe in a few months, when I'm done with my masters program... (yaaay! almost done!!)
#41 Old 10-17-2004, 06:45 PM
Veggie Regular

I speak english, tourist french, and a healthy chunk of latin (course I haven't had any latin in a year so I'm a little rusty now but I bet I could pick it up again in a few days if I tried).
#42 Old 10-17-2004, 07:10 PM
Veggie Regular

English

yea i know typical american

i can speak a little spanish if taht counts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page