10Likes
  • 1 Post By Jenn2
  • 3 Post By Purp
  • 5 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By Kiwibird08

#1 Old 04-21-2016, 07:43 PM
The Corpulent Vegan

Is It Just Me...

Or have we been having a lot more issues than usual with blatant self-promoters and clickbait accounts? It feels like every couple threads I end up reading one about some event, film, study, etc, posted by a brand new account as the first or second post.

I know I post links to my blog regularly, but at least I participate outside of this. When did the rules change, and am I just being too much of a grump about it all? It's great that people are trying to make a difference in the world, but having at least some relationship with the board before posting promotional material or requesting assistance is just good etiquette...

It's better to burn out than fade away! - Def Leppard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-21-2016, 08:23 PM
Beginner

I agree, I was thinking the same thing the other day. I want to be supportive, but it is frustrating when people post on here solely to promote some survey or advertise their blog...I'm not sure how to weed through it all.
#3 Old 04-22-2016, 12:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliakai View Post
Or have we been having a lot more issues than usual with blatant self-promoters and clickbait accounts? It feels like every couple threads I end up reading one about some event, film, study, etc, posted by a brand new account as the first or second post.

I know I post links to my blog regularly, but at least I participate outside of this. When did the rules change, and am I just being too much of a grump about it all? It's great that people are trying to make a difference in the world, but having at least some relationship with the board before posting promotional material or requesting assistance is just good etiquette...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn2 View Post
I agree, I was thinking the same thing the other day. I want to be supportive, but it is frustrating when people post on here solely to promote some survey or advertise their blog...I'm not sure how to weed through it all.
If you see spam, just let the mods know and they'll take care of it.
Kiwibird08, David3 and Jenn2 like this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#4 Old 04-22-2016, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

Agreed.
It's fine to let others know you have a blog or store or even video as long as you're a participating member.
I am getting wary of all the new vegans wanting to document their journey... that rarely seems to go well
#5 Old 04-22-2016, 07:01 PM
No flesh since 99'

I've noticed this too. It seems to come in waves. Maybe this time of year it's people wanting glowy skin and "summer bodies"
Purp likes this.

"The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself"
#6 Old 04-23-2016, 01:19 AM
an irregular

https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/16...s-just-me.html
Nope, not just you at all! I really like this site and the contributing members who just post with nothing to gain and just want to spread their knowledge and help others. i will admit that all of the new members who just want to publicize themselves through blogs, youtube channels or are doing a survey or thesis is off putting enough that i havent really been getting on here much at all and when i do, half of the new threads just make me cringe.

Sometimes i think this forum is maybe 'too nice' and people arent chastised when they are being obnoxious and downgrading the quality of the site.

instagram: Popcorncaptain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page