fashion poll - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: How important is Fashion to you?
I am a fashion diva and would love to only wear designer clothes 1 10.00%
I do enjoy reading fashion magazines and I try to think about what I wear most days 3 30.00%
I think about fashion and what I wear only occasionally 2 20.00%
I almost never think about my clothes, anything will do 1 10.00%
I have never thought about fashion, what a waste of time 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-06-2004, 02:41 AM
Veggie Regular

the fashion poll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-06-2004, 03:10 AM

eh..i dont know anything about fashion. My closet consists of many color t shirts, jeans and sneakers. Anything else would be uncivilized.
#3 Old 09-06-2004, 04:26 AM
Veggie Regular

i do think about what i wear sometimes, but not about "fashion." i usually don't pay any attention to what other people are wearing, and i'd never know if something were fashionable or not. i wear mostly jeans, t-shirts, sweatshirts, and my boyfriend's way-too-large-for-me long-sleeved shirts when i go places. i have quite a few smaller, more fitted shirts that i like, but i think i wear pajama pants out more often than i wear those.
#4 Old 09-06-2004, 08:39 AM
Veggie Regular

definetly not a fashion diva
#5 Old 09-06-2004, 09:12 AM
Veggie Regular

I think I lean between choice #1 and #2. I don't read fashion magazines though, except once every six weeks or so when I'm at the salon getting my hair done
#6 Old 09-06-2004, 10:13 AM

I'm a professional so it is to my benefit to be aware of my appearance.
#7 Old 09-06-2004, 11:22 AM
Veggie Regular

There's not a poll choice that works for me. I do think about my clothes and my personal style. "Anything will do" does not describe me... I like my clothes to fit a certain way; be within a certain color range; fabrics and texture are very important.

But I rarely look at fashion magazines, and I think a lot of designer clothes are boring or downright hideous.

So if there was a poll choice that said, "Clothes are important, but I have my own sense of style; designer clothes and fashion magazines do not appeal to me," then I would have ticked that box.
#8 Old 09-06-2004, 11:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post

There's not a poll choice that works for me. I do think about my clothes and my personal style. "Anything will do" does not describe me... I like my clothes to fit a certain way; be within a certain color range; fabrics and texture are very important.

But I rarely look at fashion magazines, and I think a lot of designer clothes are boring or downright hideous.

So if there was a poll choice that said, "Clothes are important, but I have my own sense of style; designer clothes and fashion magazines do not appeal to me," then I would have ticked that box.

Ditto.
#9 Old 09-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Baby Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnelian View Post

Ditto.

Yup again.

I attempt to look nice, and end up spending way to much on clothes, but I don't take too much time to think about whats in. I don't even rememeber the last time I looked at a fashion magazine. I just buy what I like and wear it
#10 Old 09-06-2004, 12:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Like Sally, I'm between #1 and #2 (but I voted number 2). I love clothes, and wearing nice stuff - I'm a bit obsessed with fashion. But I don't care about brand names - If I find something nice at WalMart or a thrift store, I'll buy it if it fits!
#11 Old 09-06-2004, 12:24 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't care about fashion for fashion's sake, but dressing well can give you a real edge in the world. Even though they shouldn't, people take you more seriously if you look good. I try to give myself that advantage, but I don't really care about designer labels. I have brands that I like, but if I could find the same fit and quality in cheaper things (wouldn't *that* be nice, but long clothes seem to equal expensive clothes), I'd jump on it.
#12 Old 09-06-2004, 12:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I try to wear clothes that aren't wrinkled. Does that count?
#13 Old 09-06-2004, 12:29 PM
Banned

That counts in my book, Mikie.
#14 Old 09-06-2004, 12:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm so anti fashion it's not even funny. I refuse to let a label dipict who I am. If I cant buy it at a Goodwill or Salvation Army then I will not buy it.

I think it's silly to spend $50.00 or more on a shirt just because it has a designer label on it. I cant even tell you what is in and what is out in Fashion.

Now dont get me wrong I do care how I look. I dont go around looking like a bum or anything. I guess I have my own style but is's not neccesarly what's in style. I go through diffrent phases. Sometime's I get on a black kick and all I'll wear is black, then I'll get on a bohemian kick and all I'll wear is pheasent blouses and long flowing skirts. I guess it all depends on my moods.
#15 Old 09-06-2004, 12:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

I refuse to let a label dipict who I am. If I cant buy it at a Goodwill or Salvation Army then I will not buy it.

Same here.
#16 Old 09-06-2004, 12:52 PM
Banned

ha! i dont think i ever have read a fashion mag. and when i buy Jane (the only girly mag i like) i tear out all the ads cause they annoy the hell outta me.

the only brands i care about , for wear and tear and value and committment to env. causes are Patagonia and some other ones for backpacking/paddling gear.

the only 'real' brand i can think of that i like is Billlabong and some other surf companies, and i just like their clothes.

i shop at thrift stores or local funky shops. i'm a boycotter of the mall and well, lots of other places that are taking over the world.

mind you, i have a good sense of style, or so i am told and like to believe. and i don't need no stinkin designer 400 dollar clothes to tell me that.

i have one aberbuttrot and ***** shirt that a friend gave to me. and granted, it fits me well and is comfy, but i put duct tape over the tag and stuff. i would never every buy something from there . and i only wear that shirt when i'm working in the house or something.

yeah.

you can tell by my avatar that i have a keen sense of fashion.
#17 Old 09-06-2004, 12:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

If I cant buy it at a Goodwill or Salvation Army then I will not buy it.

You can get really nice stuff secondhand, if you're in the right place at the right time.
#18 Old 09-06-2004, 12:56 PM

The most expensive things I buy are football jerseys. That's about it. I dont have to dress up to go to work...I can wear whatever I want. If clients happen to show, they already know me from our neighborhood usually, and they know my style. If its someone new, I just let the president handle it. My friend is getting married soon, and she wanted me to be a bridemaid...no way man. I refuse to wear a dress. I know she's angry, but it's just not me. It's not just about clothes to me either. I've tried getting my nails done, getting my hair done up, havin a pedicure, facials. I dont like any of it.
#19 Old 09-06-2004, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkified View Post

ha! i dont think i ever have read a fashion mag. and when i buy Jane (the only girly mag i like) i tear out all the ads cause they annoy the hell outta me.

the only brands i care about , for wear and tear and value and committment to env. causes are Patagonia and some other ones for backpacking/paddling gear.

the only 'real' brand i can think of that i like is Billlabong and some other surf companies, and i just like their clothes.

i shop at thrift stores or local funky shops. i'm a boycotter of the mall and well, lots of other places that are taking over the world.

mind you, i have a good sense of style, or so i am told and like to believe. and i don't need no stinkin designer 400 dollar clothes to tell me that.

i have one aberbuttrot and ***** shirt that a friend gave to me. and granted, it fits me well and is comfy, but i put duct tape over the tag and stuff. i would never every buy something from there . and i only wear that shirt when i'm working in the house or something.

yeah.

you can tell by my avatar that i have a keen sense of fashion.

heh ... i like your style funk.
#20 Old 09-06-2004, 02:03 PM
cyk
Veggie Regular

I don't wear jeans... I mostly wear cargo pants and cargo shorts because they are comfortable, I like the way they look and have those little pockets to store stuff - I like that... Especially when I'm out and taking pictures, I can store memory cards and stuff in them.

I would preffer to wear socks with sandals, because I don't like getting my feet dirty and i get athletes foot easily... But apparently that is a fashion faux-pas... whatever that means... I just saw it on tv.

Other than that, I wear what I like.
#21 Old 09-06-2004, 02:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I dunno, is polyester still in style?
#22 Old 09-06-2004, 02:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyk View Post

I would preffer to wear socks with sandals, because I don't like getting my feet dirty and i get athletes foot easily... But apparently that is a fashion faux-pas... whatever that means... I just saw it on tv.

I think it depends on the socks. Gym socks with sandals would definitely be a fashion don't.
#23 Old 09-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Veggie Regular

I do some days..depends on the day.
#24 Old 09-06-2004, 03:21 PM
Banned

thanks, shaggin

cyk - you can wear socks with sandals, just not white ones! hee hee
#25 Old 09-06-2004, 04:28 PM
Veggie Regular

None of these really work for me, because im in college for Fashion Marketing, so, of course I think about fashion everyday, but I dont only wear designer clothes...well I guess that depends on what you mean by designer, were you meaning brand name or couture?
#26 Old 09-06-2004, 04:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I care about fashion because I have to look nice for my job. I have to wear make-up, and have my hair done. It's in the dress code. But I don't mind it, and I know I get bigger tips when I look put together than when I don't. I do like designer labels, but I hate paying full price for them. I wish there were some outlet stores up here.
#27 Old 09-06-2004, 04:58 PM

I used to be into name brand stuff as far as clothes (Like Nautica, Polo, Echo and Tommy). Now I just like to wear a plain polo/golf shirt, long or short sleeved. I like plain khaki cargos and plain faded and dirt washed jeans. I don't care what the brand is, I just want them to be plain (no stupid writing). I still like Nautica for the house, though (bedroom and bathroom). Soon, I'd like to be able to buy all sweat shop free clothing.
#28 Old 09-06-2004, 05:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I refuse to pay for designer stuff. $400 for a pair of jeans? um, no.

But set me loose after payday at Ann Taylor, and watch out!

I just wish I had a better sense of fashion. I'm improving, but I'm nowhere near where I want to be. I tend to be 'safe' in what I buy, even though I see funky stuff on other women that I would *love* to wear. Part of it, too, is that I'm just starting to get out of my life-long "I hate my body" funk and am buying more feminine clothing... but am still afraid of girlie stuff (like anything with ruffles).

Anyone want to move to Sydney and be my fashion consultant?!
#29 Old 09-06-2004, 06:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, and I refuse to read fashion mags. Though I might like the styles & articles, the models' bodies make me hate myself so I avoid them to keep myself from getting depressed about *moi*
#30 Old 09-06-2004, 06:20 PM
Veggie Regular

I go for the what's on top method.

Yard sales and second hand stores have done me good, though I tend to get most of my jeans from Ross, just cuz I wear them out so quickly that second hand ones tend to not last long (nor can I find ones that fit right).

$100 for a shirt with a desinger label? Screw that. I won't even spend $20. I have never understood the name brand thing. I hate the whole name brand thing. After a couple years of scouring stores for just PLAIN articles of clothing I decided that I will wear shirts that have a surfing company that I like on it if it is cheap. Wearing a pair of roxy shorts at the moment that I got for $.50. Not gonna complain about that one.

As for fashion magazines, anyone else think all the clothes in them are hideous looking?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page