fashion poll - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: How important is Fashion to you?
I am a fashion diva and would love to only wear designer clothes 1 10.00%
I do enjoy reading fashion magazines and I try to think about what I wear most days 3 30.00%
I think about fashion and what I wear only occasionally 2 20.00%
I almost never think about my clothes, anything will do 1 10.00%
I have never thought about fashion, what a waste of time 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 09-06-2004, 06:23 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't care about brand names... Why would I buy an overpriced shirt I didn't love just because it has a name on it? I love shopping at places like Winners and Sears for clothes, you never know what you'll find and its usually cheap! If I like the way something looks and its within my budget, I'll get it

I do care about the way I look and I do my makeup everyday, but if I'm having a bad hair day or w/e its no biggie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 09-06-2004, 06:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonAmy View Post

I refuse to pay for designer stuff. $400 for a pair of jeans? um, no.

But set me loose after payday at Ann Taylor, and watch out!

I just wish I had a better sense of fashion. I'm improving, but I'm nowhere near where I want to be. I tend to be 'safe' in what I buy, even though I see funky stuff on other women that I would *love* to wear. Part of it, too, is that I'm just starting to get out of my life-long "I hate my body" funk and am buying more feminine clothing... but am still afraid of girlie stuff (like anything with ruffles).

Anyone want to move to Sydney and be my fashion consultant?!

I can't move out there, but have a bit of advice. Maybe you could try to find a few funky accessories that you can wear with your more conservative clothing. A pair of earings that you wouldn't normally wear, a purse, shoes...etc. You would probably feel a lot less self-conscious about trying a few accessories than going out in an outfit that's completely different from what you normally wear.
#33 Old 09-06-2004, 06:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I really like thrift stores! Probably the majority of my clothes come from them.

I rarely think about what I'm wearing, but I do check to make sure that the stuff is clean, so that should count for something.
#34 Old 09-06-2004, 06:52 PM

Glamboy is a fashion WHORE. I am the Paris Hilton of Nor Cal (Paris Hilton gone wronge....terribly wrong mind you)

*GB....mmmmmm
#35 Old 09-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegansurfer View Post

Yard sales and second hand stores have done me good, though I tend to get most of my jeans from Ross, just cuz I wear them out so quickly that second hand ones tend to not last long (nor can I find ones that fit right).

I love Ross! It's where I get most of my polyester!
#36 Old 09-06-2004, 10:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva-bo-beva View Post

I can't move out there, but have a bit of advice. Maybe you could try to find a few funky accessories that you can wear with your more conservative clothing.

funny you should mention that - I've been wearing bigger earrings & looking for cool necklaces with big pendants on them.

There is some kickass jewelry out right now...
#37 Old 09-06-2004, 11:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagginabit View Post

The most expensive things I buy are football jerseys. That's about it. I dont have to dress up to go to work...I can wear whatever I want. If clients happen to show, they already know me from our neighborhood usually, and they know my style. If its someone new, I just let the president handle it. My friend is getting married soon, and she wanted me to be a bridemaid...no way man. I refuse to wear a dress. I know she's angry, but it's just not me. It's not just about clothes to me either. I've tried getting my nails done, getting my hair done up, havin a pedicure, facials. I dont like any of it.

Hypocrit!!!! I have, in fact, seen a picture of you in a skirt!

And may I add that Shag has a lovely little pair of legs on her. I'm jealous!
#38 Old 09-06-2004, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelsunrise View Post

Hypocrit!!!! I have, in fact, seen a picture of you in a skirt!

And may I add that Shag has a lovely little pair of legs on her. I'm jealous!

hey man! that pic was old... I swear.
#39 Old 09-06-2004, 11:33 PM
Veggie Regular

fashion.... fashion...what is this ...fashion thingy? And... are all the kids doin it?
#40 Old 12-27-2012, 11:33 PM

I'm a fashion fanatic. I always in search of new ways to introduce by which a woman can look sexy an gorgeous. Recently, I'm searching for some great tips for plus size woman by which they can look like a plus size models at New Year party. I've read an article about Fashion tips for plus size woman at http://plussizesavvymom.com/top-5-plus-size-fashion-tips/

#41 Old 12-27-2012, 11:41 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Ehhh... I think about what I wear and I know what I like to wear, but don't pay attention to fashion.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#42 Old 12-31-2012, 04:05 PM
American Made, Rebel Born

fashion is about seduction so of course it's one of the most important things in my life. i think she meant designer as in a label with a name and a serial number on it, not like couture, which doesn't make much sense because all couture is designer. but not all designers make couture. (hello, givenchy!) moving on. it offends me when people say they don't care about they look or what they wear. uhm, why not? this is the armour that you wear every day to fight the battle of every day life. who doesn't care about that? i wasn't into it as much as i did back in the day, but then something just happened a few years ago and now it's staying up late during fashion week watching all of the shows i can get in HD and subscribing to the most ridiculously expensive fashion magazines that are only published like 4 times a year, feverishly hunting down that designer x h&m pieces, september issue devotional reading, etc. right now i'm getting ready for my NYE party, wearing a pretty blue velvet dress. my friend took me to the american apparel to get it a couple days before xmas. i explained i needed velvet because this was the only time of the year when you can wear velvet. he didn't believe me. meaux at am appy said, when i came out of the dressing room - 'perfect timing, you know this is the only time of the year when you can wear velvet.'

and exactly why i didn't choose red or green or black, i really wanted purple, but i'm going to be rebellious and wear it sometime else during the year, because it's too pretty to only pull out twice a year. 

cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
#43 Old 01-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Veggie Regular

There is only one time of the year where you can wear velvet ???

If i wear velvet when i want, am i a Rebel ?

N.B. : i wear clothes only not to get arested on the street and not to freeze to death. Women like me nevertheless. Because i am "natural" and don't care about how i look and what others think about me ( among others ). Go figure. Must be some inversed psychology thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
https://
https://www.autistici.org/en/index.html  https://riseup.net/en

https://pay.reddit.com/r/privacy/wiki/index

#44 Old 01-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegan cyberpunk View Post

There is only one time of the year where you can wear velvet ???

If i wear velvet when i want, am i a Rebel ?

N.B. : i wear clothes only not to get arested on the street and not to freeze to death. Women like me nevertheless. Because i am "natural" and don't care about how i look and what others think about me ( among others ). Go figure. Must be some inversed psychology thing.

That's an old rule from the 1950s, like no white after labor day. Fashion rules were meant to be broken! smiley.gif
#45 Old 01-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Wow - 8 year thread necro. Is that a record?

I think about what to wear, but I wouldn't call it "fashion". I have business clothes for the office (slacks and button down, collar shirts) and casual clothes for other times (jeans and casual shirts). My daily decisions of what to wear come down to business vs casual and what color combos of shirt, pants, and shoes work together. And that color combo choice isn't as complicated as it sounds - it's mostly black slacks and blue jeans, so most of my shirts work with most of my pants.

--Fromper
juggle.gif
#46 Old 10-12-2019, 09:52 AM
haimen

I always think about fashion and wearing items. And i always follow latest fashion Trends.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page