VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   The Veggie Patch (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/16-veggie-patch/)
-   -   Word Association (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/16-veggie-patch/1864-word-association.html)

Loki 04-21-2003 11:05 PM

We had this thread at vegweb, and it was really popular. The idea of the game is that I start by saying a word, and then the next person says another word which they would associate with the last, and it keeps on going until we get fed up of it, like the game of monopoly that's dragged on for 5 hours, and there's no clear winner, so you all just give up.

To explain the game simply, you just look at the previous post, and think of a word to associate with it. For instance, the word may be "chocolate." So what you do is you think of a word you associate with chocolate, such as "cake" and then post it. And then the next person will look at your post and think of a word they associate with cake, such as "birthday" and it keeps on going.

So, with this being a vegetarian forum, the starting word is going to be:

Tofu!!!

oneness 04-21-2003 11:06 PM

scramble

oneness 04-21-2003 11:07 PM

Btw, loki this game is about 7 threads down the board already... oops!

Loki 04-21-2003 11:08 PM

Crap. I never noticed the free association thread. Perhaps I should start drinking caffeine again!!

oneness 04-21-2003 11:09 PM

perhaps well this could be the loki thread.

saborm 04-21-2003 11:10 PM

What do you do in a Loki thread?

oneness 04-21-2003 11:11 PM

you have to ask loki this would be his thread..

saborm 04-21-2003 11:20 PM

Okay.

So Loki, what do we do in a Loki thread? Are quinoa and beer somehow involved?

Loki 04-21-2003 11:21 PM

We could discuss beer, falafel or quinoa!

Or we could stay up all night without caffeine, and see what happens!

Or we could discuss all the crazy things that you want to do, all your wildest dreams and fantasies, but you'd never tell anyone because they're so crazy. Much like my dream house, which would have a maze in the basement. A really big maze. And it's also have a lot of weird rooms throughout, including an entirely white room with a single painting, the size of a door, depicting a man trapped in the painting, trying desperately to get out of the painting, and also a room where everything is sideways, and a carridor which narrows as you walk further down it.

Or we could discuss Earl Grey tea, which i do drink occasionally.

And we can alsodiscuss www.zombo.com

or www.nevertrustanyonewhodoesntlikegarlic.com

or we could discuss crazy conspiracy theories, and whether they're actually valid. I've had my eye on http://www.projectfreedom.cng1.com/index.html for a while, and they've got a pretty cool theory. Perhaps triumvir shoudl take this into account for the next conspiracy game. I can see it now. "The Conspiracy game part 4 - The Battle of Menwith Hill"

Take your pick!

GhostUser 04-21-2003 11:29 PM

Oo about the dream house, i want one room to have a REALLY tall roof, and then the floor is a trampoline (its dug in).

Another room... (also dug in) is a ball pit!! But the maze thing sounds wicked!! I also want wooden floors so you can skate in it!!!

**Danny**

saborm 04-21-2003 11:36 PM

How about hidden passages in the house? I've always wanted a house with those. There could be one behind a bookcase that you pull a book to open!

Loki 04-21-2003 11:52 PM

Thanks saborm. I definitely want one of those. Thanks for reminding me!

oneness 04-21-2003 11:54 PM

right now my dream house is any house that i do not have to pay rent to live in. anything with out a landlord would do!

Oatmeal 04-22-2003 12:29 AM

> We could discuss beer, falafel or quinoa!

I'm in!

In fact, I'm having quinoa right now.

shewolf 04-22-2003 01:48 AM

I used to want a bed that was sunken way into the ground... with grottos for candles and a stairway to get out... that was in my vampire stage! LOL

triumvir 04-22-2003 02:18 AM

Another falafel thread, yay!

That Alpaca Guy 04-22-2003 05:33 AM

I always wanted to have the ceiling of my house to be completely black with the solar system imprinted on it!

I Also wanted REAL dark ages items all over the house.