VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   The Veggie Patch (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/16-veggie-patch/)
-   -   If you could have one superpower. . . . (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/16-veggie-patch/186361-if-you-could-have-one-superpower.html)

Annadog40 08-04-2015 01:29 PM

If you could have one superpower. . . .

What would it be and why?

no whey jose 08-04-2015 01:44 PM

The ability to heal others, because I hate to see people and animals in pain.

Auxin 08-04-2015 02:02 PM

The ability to be calm and content.

Think about it.
If you could fly, you'd be abducted by the CIA.
If you could read minds and somehow avoided the CIA you'd have to deal with what goes on in peoples heads... my own thoughts are enough.
If you had the psychic ability to hear at great distances... everyone uses the toilet, you know. Keep that in mind.
If you could turn invisible people of the opposite gender would never trust you.
If you were always calm and content people would just think your weird. I could live with that.

rasitha.wijesekera 08-04-2015 07:09 PM

power to go back in time. You could basically predict stock prices, win lotteries.

Or be like superman. Indestructible, super strength and speed. I could bend the world to my will.

Dogma 08-04-2015 07:19 PM

Naturebound 08-05-2015 02:54 AM

The ability to cure mental illness of any kind while leaving intact the incredible imagination and unusual perspective it provides. I have lived with and witnessed mental illness my entire life (in family, friends, self, and strangers) and I know the devastating power it holds and the lives it has ruined. It is also widely ignored, misunderstood, or shamed by the general public and mental health services are often cut first when budgets are considered. The pain and suffering of mental illness is as profound as any physical disability/illness. And as far as I know, there is no cure for mental illnesses like paranoid schizophrenia. If I am mistaken, please share!

Radharc 08-05-2015 04:25 AM

Assuming I live in a world where the government or someone else wouldn't abduct me, I'd choose healing also. Being calm and content all the time sounds boring ;)

Beautiful Joe 08-05-2015 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radharc (Post 3737065)
Being calm and content all the time sounds boring ;)

Not if you've lived your life with depression (or anxiety, etc.)

Healing as a super power theoretically sounds great, but the responsibility - trying to get to as many people to help as possible, with new ones being born all the time - it would drive me completely bonkers.

I don't think super powers of any kind would be all that they're cracked up to be.

Auxin 08-05-2015 11:29 AM

Quote:

Being calm and content all the time sounds boring ;)

Ah, but boredom is a brand of discontentedness :p

Lil' Tofu 08-05-2015 11:43 AM

The ability to make produce last long enough for me to eat it without it going bad.

Dogma 08-05-2015 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Tofu (Post 3737441)
The ability to make produce last long enough for me to eat it without it going bad.

Now there's a tempting superpower.

LedBoots 08-05-2015 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Tofu (Post 3737441)

And to ripen avocados! ;)

I guess I would choose invisibility, though.

otomik 08-05-2015 06:27 PM

maybe my english not so good

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annadog40 (Post 3736281)
If you could have one superpower. . . .

like what superpower nationstate would you ****?

yeah I know Obama's answer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogma (Post 3737921)
Now there's a tempting superpower.

like in a Hetalia kind of way yeah.

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v1/8...b-American.jpg

Blobbenstein 08-05-2015 07:59 PM

the power to make Fox News et al tell the truth....that would be a goodun.

Lil' Tofu 08-05-2015 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LedBoots (Post 3738145)
And to ripen avocados! ;)

I guess I would choose invisibility, though.

Ooo the ability to ripen avocados and bananas faster would be great as well!

Blobbenstein 08-05-2015 08:31 PM

the ability to etch an unlimited number of important scientific theorise on paper, and the ability to compile them into a book, and to have that book printed in 52 languages.

Auxin 08-05-2015 09:07 PM

Avocados are ripened by ethylene gas. Apples belch out ethylene gas (more so than bananas).
So I would hypothesize one could buy avocados, put some in a paper bag with apples at room temp to ripen fastest, put others in a basket at room temp for next ripening, and put some in the fridge for last ripening.

If it works dont start calling me Avocado Man, green spandex just doesnt become me.

Purp 08-05-2015 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auxin (Post 3738329)
Avocados are ripened by ethylene gas. Apples belch out ethylene gas (more so than bananas).
So I would hypothesize one could buy avocados, put some in a paper bag with apples at room temp to ripen fastest, put others in a basket at room temp for next ripening, and put some in the fridge for last ripening.

If it works dont start calling me Avocado Man, green spandex just doesnt become me.

:p:D

I'd love to fly. Travel anywhere in the world in just minutes by flying.http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/me...y-emoticon.gif I want to see Paris, France...Just take off. I want to go to Tokyo, Japan...Up,up and away. I want to visit my mother's people in Libby, MT...I'm there.

Capstan 08-06-2015 01:07 AM

The ability to mute the television set with the power of my mind, without having to press the button. Take that, you pesky commercials!

no whey jose 08-06-2015 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capstan (Post 3738393)
The ability to mute the television set with the power of my mind, without having to press the button. Take that, you pesky commercials!

They're always so LOUD, aren't they?

Dogma 08-06-2015 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otomik (Post 3738161)
like in a Hetalia kind of way yeah.

*laughs* I did NOT expect that.

Axxonn N 08-06-2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Assuming I live in a world where the government or someone else wouldn't abduct me, I'd choose healing also. Being calm and content all the time sounds boring ;)

Definitely gonna go with healing also.

@rno 08-11-2015 12:43 AM

X-ray eyes

MrVegi 08-11-2015 03:05 AM

Reality Warping, That way I can do what ever I want.

Annadog40 08-13-2015 11:01 AM

Thanks for your participation! I have gathered data from 27 forums about what superpower they want and got a total of 372 total superpowers and 155 powers are different from each other! Now that I have a list of all theses powers, I have decided to give them back to you in the form of a random chance gumball machine!

If you care to take a chance at the random power gumball machine say you do and I shall put all 372 powers into a random list sorter and you shall gain that power!

I only have 372 powers left so sign up fast!

no whey jose 08-13-2015 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annadog40 (Post 3748225)
Thanks for your participation! I have gathered data from 27 forums about what superpower they want and got a total of 372 total superpowers and 155 powers are different from each other! Now that I have a list of all theses powers, I have decided to give them back to you in the form of a random chance gumball machine!

If you care to take a chance at the random power gumball machine say you do and I shall put all 372 powers into a random list sorter and you shall gain that power!

I only have 372 powers left so sign up fast!

Aww, that's adorable. I'll play!

Dogma 08-13-2015 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annadog40 (Post 3748225)
Thanks for your participation! I have gathered data from 27 forums about what superpower they want and got a total of 372 total superpowers and 155 powers are different from each other!

UH-OH. Were any of those forums dedicated to hunting or fishing or assassination?

I fear our healing superpowers might get replaced with the power to spread disease, or cause wounds to fester, or... make another Fantastic 4 movie.

Jasminedesi16 08-13-2015 11:42 AM

I would want to live forever but while living forever I want to have the energy and body of an 18-20 year old because there is so much I want to do and so many places I want to see and so little time.

Honestly in reality it would not be fun to live forever but honestly there are so many places I want to see so maybe teleporting would be better. For example you want to see mount everest you can teleport there and when it gets too cold and scary teleport back home :P

Dogma 08-13-2015 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasminedesi16 (Post 3748281)
I would want to live forever but while living forever I want to have the energy and body of an 18-20 year old because there is so much I want to do and so many places I want to see and so little time.

Honestly in reality it would not be fun to live forever but honestly there are so many places I want to see so maybe teleporting would be better. For example you want to see mount everest you can teleport there and when it gets too cold and scary teleport back home :P

Annadog40 08-13-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no whey jose (Post 3748233)
Aww, that's adorable. I'll play!

Congrats! Your super power is. . . .

Super Intelligence

368 powers left