VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   The Veggie Patch (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/16-veggie-patch/)
-   -   New Year's Resolutions (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/16-veggie-patch/186-new-years-resolutions.html)

Michael 12-27-2002 01:26 PM

Surprised no one has started a thread on this yet. I just had an idea pop into my head so I thought I'd get it going.

Mine is to do something nice for someone else every day of the new year. Wonder how long that'll last. *lol* Anyway, it's a nice thought. I'll mark each day's good deed on my calendar. Maybe once a month I'll post the list to VB.

Basically this is an effort to become a better person, to appreciate and share what I have, and to do something to make the world just a little better for others.

Thalia 12-27-2002 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael

Surprised no one has started a thread on this yet. I just had an idea pop into my head so I thought I'd get it going.

Mine is to do something nice for someone else every day of the new year. Wonder how long that'll last. *lol* Anyway, it's a nice thought. I'll mark each day's good deed on my calendar.

I thought of it too, but figured I'd wait for someone else.

Just maintaining VB is doing something nice for someone else everyday.

Hmm. My resolutions. Every year I pick the same thing- better mental, physicial, and spiritual health. But that is really too broad. I need to think about it for a while.

Vegankat 12-27-2002 01:48 PM

-Clean my room.

-Stop whining.

-Stop being selfish.

-Stop being so emotional.

-Learn to sew, so I can make my own prom dress.

There are more, I put them all in my Livejournal, but these are the important ones.

luckiecharms 12-27-2002 01:50 PM

Get a job and save up money for a car. Without spending any of it on anything else!

Vegankat 12-27-2002 01:52 PM

Oh yeah, you reminded me...find another job ASAP.

GhostUser 12-27-2002 01:58 PM

In no particular order

-Go the entire year without smoking one cigarette

-Start training for running a Marathon

-Loose 50 lbs

-Arrive at work no later than 8 pm every morning (I usually stroll in at about 9:30)

-Listen more than I speak in an attempt to gain more knowledge

-Read at least one book every three months-at least 2 being on self improvement

-Forgive myself sooner for mistakes and move on

-Be more organized

-Save at least 10% of my income

-Stop impulse spending

-Limit my net surfing while at work to my lunch hour

LadyFaile 12-27-2002 02:14 PM

get a job. pay my rent. maybe buy some food.

spud 12-27-2002 04:59 PM

Keep my foot out of my mouth.

Stay not smoking

keep the damn house clean[ish]

Plant some trees

Learn how to become a sh!t hot parker of cars

Clear out my clutter [did i say that last year, well I did make a start]

Lose 20lbs of flab

Sort out the books in to some kind of order

Paint the barn [this year I really will do it probably]

Meditate every day

Be grateful every day

Skylark 12-27-2002 05:51 PM

Get completely over every guy I have ever liked so that I am free to enjoy other activities.

Build my family relationships to a point where I don't feel like I have to hide my AIM convos with close friends from them.

Visit the wonderful old folks in the nursing home I used to work at at least once a month.

Rescue a few gasping-for-breath-from-neglect friendships.

Pray because I want to, not out of obligation.

Learn to appreciate the good things that my manager does. (This might be the hardest of all!)

Patiently accept whatever comes of the lawsuit against the owner of the store where I work.

Thalia 12-27-2002 06:06 PM

Socialize more

build on my exercise habit

decide if I want a JD or PhD, and if PhD, in what!

Learn to relax. Worry less about my family and that people are thinking bad things about me.

Skylark 12-27-2002 09:22 PM

To find a balance between sleeping and VBing.

Verbivore 12-27-2002 10:49 PM

1) Stop eating sugar and other things that have no nutritional value, because junk food makes me feel icky.

2) Go out more often (watching Seinfeld reruns isn't getting me anywhere socially).

3) Finish at least one issue of my zine.

4) Stop avoiding things that make me uncomfortable.

5) Keep track of my money.

6) Be more open with my family.

LadyFaile 12-28-2002 09:23 AM

ok seriously though

start eating more, and better

cut back on caffeine and junkfood

finish that dang magazine

get a hobby

pay off my visa which hasn't been below $800 in 3 years

and enough with the anxiety already

Skylark 12-28-2002 06:10 PM

To read more thoroughly on VB with more intent to undestand VBers rather than just find something to reply-to.

GhostUser 12-28-2002 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by skylark

To read more thoroughly on VB with more intent to undestand VBers rather than just find something to reply-to.

You go girl That's it...like I said, it's all about quality and not quantity.

Skylark 12-28-2002 07:50 PM

To resist the temptation to float around on VB when I have homework to do. (Which I don't right now, yay Christmas vacation!)

'Zactly, Ruthie!

Verbivore 12-29-2002 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by skylark

Good one! I haven't had a lot of time to spend online recently so I'm not reading as carefully as I wish I could. As soon as I have the money I'm getting a internet access at home so I don't have to surf the web at work.

Michael 12-29-2002 09:56 PM

I was going to say, you just need to focus on spending more time here!

KC Kid 12-29-2002 10:29 PM

A more effective listener..

More respectful of others...

Stop biting and eating toenails...

Fewer meats and more portabellas...

Quit cussing....

Verbivore 12-30-2002 01:02 AM

One that my sister just reminded me of: actually sit down and READ the Harry Potter books. (She refuses to discuss the movies with me until I read the books.) They've been on my list o' books-I-must-read forever.

Oh, and buy at least one piece of VB merchandise.

Skylark 12-30-2002 11:32 AM

To become fluent in Spanish while studying abroad in Spain for the fall semester.

To enhance my vocabulary with useful words, not just straight-out-of-the-dictionary words like jocund that nobody has a clue what I'm talking about if I use it.

kpickell 12-30-2002 10:51 PM

On my birthday (in early February) I'll set out a list of 26 goals that I want to accomplish in the coming year (as I'll be turning 26).

I made 25 goals for myself last year (listed here), and probably only accomplished half of them, so some will be carry overs. I have all of my friends bet on how many of the goals I'll actually acomplish within the year.

So my new years resolution will be to actually finish all 26 goals this upcoming year.

Max Power 12-31-2002 08:29 AM

Max Power resolves to get something new pierced (will be accomplished as early as today)...

Max Power resolves to finally get his US citizenship papers done.

Max Power resolves to raise his cumulative GPA to 3.5 in the next 2 semesters.

Max Power resolves to talk about Max Power in the third person at all times.

(I'm going to settle to 3 out of 4)

GhostUser 12-31-2002 08:49 AM

You know now that you'll have to clue us in on your new piercing Unless that's not one of the 3 out of 4.

Michael 12-31-2002 09:06 AM

And if you get your piercing done today it won't count because it's not the new year which means you'll have to get something else pierced next year.

spud 12-31-2002 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by KC Kid

Stop biting and eating toenails...

Euwwwwwwyukk. You double jointed or hungry?

Max Power 01-01-2003 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael

And if you get your piercing done today it won't count because it's not the new year which means you'll have to get something else pierced next year.

Don't tempt me! I got this one (attached) New Years Eve but I should've gotten a bigger one. Maybe on me birthday I'll trade up. The "girlfriend" hates it. "exxxxxcellent"
LL

LadyFaile 01-01-2003 10:52 AM

yaaaaay that's cool. i think i'll add to my resolutions. get pierced sometime this year, and finally get the tatoo(s) i want.

Skylark 01-01-2003 11:43 AM

Max,

Doesn't the nose ring simply allow your "girlfriend" another place to grab and pull when angry at you? That's what I think of when I see men with nipple rings... how much it must hurt if someone uses your piercings against you.

I expect to finally get some more piercings in the ears since right now I only have one in each ear. I haven't come up with any good reasons myself to pierce anywhere else. The only place that I could even begin to talk myself into getting a piercing is the belly button because those who would be offended by it wouldn't have to see it if I don't wear belly shirts. (Which I don't; I have a phobia of showing my belly.)

Max Power 01-01-2003 12:04 PM

A belly phobia ?? Hrmm, Interesting... why don't you have a seat on the couch and we'll talk...

This one will be hard to use against me. I'm slow, but not so slow that I won't see a move for the septum.

I love a girl with a piercing or two. The nose is my fave. I have biggest crush ever on the coffeeshop girl with a nosering