Dating as a lemon - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-29-2004, 07:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Fellas *manly nod*

So some of you may be aware, for a year I'm moving back to the rental hizzy, and that's the PArental not the $29/night ho-tel now... So It's all good I'm not really worried about it except for the implications and the problems arising on the dating scene. I'll be a free man once I leave here, but let's face it: "hi, my name is warren, I'm a 28 year old unemployed philosophy graduate. I'm out of shape and I live in my parent's. Let's do it to it."

So, any words of wisdom for turning this lemon into lemonade???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-29-2004, 08:01 AM
Veggie Regular

you could wear a stained shirt and maybe burp somewhere in the middle of that speech

j/k
#3 Old 07-29-2004, 08:03 AM
Beginner

Go back to their place.
#4 Old 07-29-2004, 08:25 AM

Finding a woman with her own place is always a good option. Also, you might be able to cut a deal with a friend of yours that has a rent house or something. Back in the day I used to have a couple of places that, for a minimal sum, kept a room for me that I could use when I needed it. I also had a couple of motels that I dealt with that always had a place for me and was glad to see me arrive.

Also, be sure you present yourself in the best possible light. It's not "Hi, I live with my parents", it's "Hi, I'm saving money for my doctorate tuition before I go back to the university".
#5 Old 07-29-2004, 08:37 AM

i hope u like your lemonade tarte.
#6 Old 07-29-2004, 09:10 AM
Banned

If your perspective partner freaks out over these things, is that someone you want to be with?

I think that it depends. Living with parents to save money while actively engaged in a job search is not bad. Living with parents because your parents need help is good. Living with parents in order to engage in a slacker lifestyle is not so good.
#7 Old 07-29-2004, 10:02 AM

Just order chicken salad sandwich, untoasted with tea not coffee. When the beautiful blonde at the counter looks your way you walk right up to her and say, "Hi, my name is George, I'm unemployed and I live with my parents."

It works every time... well every time I see that episode of seinfeld. But if she's a seinfeld fan it's in the bag. Trust me.

theloniousmuck
#8 Old 07-29-2004, 10:34 AM
Veggie Regular

But of course you know salmon is the opposite of tuna because tuna swim with the current and salmon swim against.
#9 Old 07-29-2004, 12:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I definitely agree with both of these statements:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankruptor View Post

Also, be sure you present yourself in the best possible light. It's not "Hi, I live with my parents", it's "Hi, I'm saving money for my doctorate tuition before I go back to the university".

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkjobsluder View Post

If your perspective partner freaks out over these things, is that someone you want to be with?

I wouldn't worry so much as long as you appear confident in your decisions. Are you?
#10 Old 07-29-2004, 12:27 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular

I agree with kirk's sentiments, although I have to give Bank points for clever spin-doctoring.
#11 Old 07-30-2004, 12:32 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd say honesty is always the best policy. Especially if you make it known up-front that this isn't anything permanent for you, just a "for right now" thing. Best of luck!
#12 Old 07-30-2004, 12:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Of course, the best solution is: Don't live with my parents!!!

DC is just so damn expensive. I have another option: Live with my aunt. She's in the city, and while I'll have no more freedom than I'll have at the parents' place, at least I avoid the cliche of "living with my parents". I dunno...
#13 Old 07-30-2004, 02:27 PM
Veggie Regular

mikie=smart................He knows what's up with that...Pay attention now...*L*..T.
#14 Old 07-30-2004, 03:48 PM
Administrator

You could slightly bend the situation and say that you're parents are briefly living with you. Maybe throw in a sob story about how they lost everything in a forest fire and that you love your family so much you just had to be there for them in their time of need.

Honestly I don't see anything wrong with it. As long as the woman sees that you're going to school and that you're working to acheive very specific goals I doubt it would be much of an issue.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page