I got this in an email from a friend today and am feeling mushy, so I thought I'd share it with you all. My favorite is #12.
1. Remember, there is no way you can look as bad as that person on your driver's license.
2. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay them.
3. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
4. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle."
5. Enjoy the simple things.
6. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
7. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
8. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
9. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
10. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, to the next county, to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.
11. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
12. Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.
And always remember: Humpty Dumpty was pushed!