Americans Abandoning Low-Carb Diets - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 07-16-2004, 05:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rev View Post

I saw a book at the grocery store entitled, "Atkins for Life." Well, at least you wouldn't have to be on the diet very long.

Hahaha, that's terrible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 07-16-2004, 11:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I saw a book at the grocery store entitled, "Atkins for Life." Well, at least you wouldn't have to be on the diet very long.

The Rev

omg, that's one of those things i love to laugh at because it shouldn't be funny...
#33 Old 07-16-2004, 11:44 PM
Veggie Regular

good to find it's dying down, by no matter what percentage

I really didn't get that pissed about it being everywhere, 'cause i knew it would die. eventually.
#34 Old 07-21-2004, 09:57 AM
Veggie Regular

I was going to try those Carb Counters or whatever bagels since my Dad and stepmother said they were good, and because they have higher fiber than my normal bagels. But, they kind of smell funny. Anyone else notice this?
#35 Old 07-21-2004, 10:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraftykraft View Post

We have low carb stores here that carry only low carb products - "one stop shopping for all of your low carb needs." It will be interesting to see what the turn into next.

In the mall I used to work in, there is a low-carb fast food joint in the food court. They opened it a month or so ago. It's sad, really. It doesn't seem like it gets a whole lot of business as it is right now and if the low-carb craze goes out the window, they'll go out of business as fast as they went in.
#36 Old 07-27-2004, 06:34 PM

Quote:

The Rev

Haha! That's priceless

Quote:
I came down with obesity two years after I got married," 41-year-old Oklahoma City resident Fran Torley said. "I know it was hard for my husband to watch me suffer from this disease. When he caught obesity a year later, he got so depressed, he couldn't do anything but sit on the couch. Some days, we sit and watch television from dawn till dusk, hoping for news of a breakthrough."

Kim said he sees no cure on the horizon.

What!?!? Wow is all I can say for that lol.

Also, I wonder how much money the food industry made from the low-carb crap, considering people would sometimes pay more than double just for the little Atkins symbol on the package.
#37 Old 05-28-2005, 10:43 PM
Veggie Regular

This is a really old thread, but as I was going to start a new one .... I've definitely begun to notice a lot less enthusiasm among the masses for Atkins over the last 6 months or so. Less advertising as well. There's still a good bit, but less. Sheesh, seems like I've been waiting forever for this fad to finally dwindle.
#38 Old 05-28-2005, 10:53 PM
Baby Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyK View Post

This is a really old thread, but as I was going to start a new one .... I've definitely begun to notice a lot less enthusiasm among the masses for Atkins over the last 6 months or so. Less advertising as well. There's still a good bit, but less. Sheesh, seems like I've been waiting forever for this fad to finally dwindle.

I've noticed more people moving towards the South Beach Diet-ing. Its an improvement over Atkins for sure, but people still seem to be missing the point of healthy eating. I get so tired of hearing about 'carbs'. The use of the word 'carb' is enough to send me into violent fits. Gah! *pulls out hair* Its hard to stay healthy with so many bad influences out there trying to make you second guess yourself. *pulls out more hair*
#39 Old 05-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinga View Post

I've noticed more people moving towards the South Beach Diet-ing. Its an improvement over Atkins for sure, but people still seem to be missing the point of healthy eating. I get so tired of hearing about 'carbs'. The use of the word 'carb' is enough to send me into violent fits. Gah! *pulls out hair* Its hard to stay healthy with so many bad influences out there trying to make you second guess yourself. *pulls out more hair*

I now hate the word carb.
#40 Old 05-29-2005, 10:21 AM
Veggie Regular

It's one thing to abandon low carb formulated items and go back to eating bread products, but I'm sure most of these alleged former low-carb dieters (not to mention everybody else) are still consuming vast quantities of red meat as if there was no tomorrow. Even if it's not part of a so-called diet, they just can't give up on their animal flesh.

*this space not for sale*
#41 Old 05-29-2005, 10:44 AM
Veggie Regular

In the UK, atkins nutritionals have gone bust, as the more sensible GI diet has paved over the zany lowcarb craze.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page