my suck day - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-05-2004, 08:37 PM
Veggie Regular

this morning at the grocery store whilst running an errand for work, my cell phone fell out of my pocket (i know i came in with it cause i looked at it in the store) and i realized within about a minute it was gone and went right back to where i had bent down to look for it and it was gone.

so i went to customer service and asked if anyone had handed it in, and they hadn't, so i left my name and number, scoured the store, paid for my stuff and went back to the office. within 30 min of losing it, i had suspended the service so no one else could use it either.

i neeeeed my phone, not cause i talk on it all the time, but because my pet sitting clients call me on it. i went back to the store after work, still nothing, so i went and spent $175 on a new phone figuring if no one reported it found in 7 hrs, it was gone.

so 9:30 tonight a guy calls telling me his grandfather found my phone out by a garbage can in the parking lot. thus, someone ganked my phone and realized it wouldn't work and ditched it. instead of like, realizing it wouldn't work and giving it to the store. he's going to drop it off at my office tomorrow.

so now i'm $175 in the hole on the new phone, which is returnable only for store credit for 7 days, and wtf am i gonna do with cell phone store credit?? i don't know if my other phone is damaged or anything yet, but i feel stupid even going back to the cell store because i insisted on buying the phone and this guy went through a bunch of trouble getting it to work and he doesn't get commission on outright sales and i even though i've only recieved one (client) call on the new phone (same exact as my old one btw), i haven't even removed the plastic or called anyone. its just been charging. i don't think these people are going to be too keen on me returning it. i feel like if i'd just been more patient i wouldn't've blown all this money. now i'm all stressed out over this, i'm overbooked for petsitting in july, i haven't had a real weekend in like four weeks, and i'm exhausted.

so thanks for listening to me whine, i have no idea what i'm going to do, and i just wanna go to bed and cry.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-05-2004, 08:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Aww Poor Rabid-Child

I did something very similar with my keys a couple months ago. Lost mine stupidly (accidently put it in a friend's jacket, that looked similar to mine), went and bought a new set for $30, and then had them returned the next day. Not $175, but I still couldn't exactly afford the $30 either.

Could you possibly sell your new phone to somebody else? You might lose some money, but still make up some of the $175.
#3 Old 07-05-2004, 08:58 PM
Beginner

Aww. I know how you feel. I had an awful day today too! My boyfriend of a year and four months broke up with me because he thinks he might be gay. Bad days all around. We should throw ourselves a pity party!! It'll be fun and we can raise money from our guests to pay you back what you are out from your phone. It'll be fun times!
#4 Old 07-05-2004, 09:00 PM
Administrator

eBay. See what they're going for.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#5 Old 07-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

eBay. See what they're going for.

I did. $33 used. It was $159+tax = $175 new. i dont know how much i'd get for it.

its just money, but i hate wasting money. i feel like an idiot.

i think i may just call the store tomorrow and ask the guy if i can use my old simcard in the new phone and see if he volunteers me to return it. i don't know.

#6 Old 07-05-2004, 09:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by raeshaldis View Post

Aww. I know how you feel. I had an awful day today too! My boyfriend of a year and four months broke up with me because he thinks he might be gay. Bad days all around. We should throw ourselves a pity party!! It'll be fun and we can raise money from our guests to pay you back what you are out from your phone. It'll be fun times!

Do you wonder if people in homosexual relationships ever break up with their partners because they think they might be straight? Cause you never hear about that. I'm sorry you were dumped . Thats suck too. I think I'd rather be out $175.

I'm all up for a pity party.

#7 Old 07-05-2004, 09:08 PM
Veggie Regular

aw, i know how you feel

I hate wasting money, too.
#8 Old 07-05-2004, 09:10 PM
Beginner

Thanks! And YAY PARTY!!!!
#9 Old 07-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Veggie Regular

A pity party with a bake sale to raise money for rabid child

Unless we eat all the goodies first...
#10 Old 07-06-2004, 02:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Return it. You may feel like an *******, but at least you'll have $175 more in your pocket, even if it is in the form of store credit. Is it just for a cell phone, or could you use it for like, a car charger or a new cell phone case?

I haven't got any advice on the overbooking and stress, however Would you like a virtual back massage?
#11 Old 07-06-2004, 03:49 AM
Veggie Regular

You poor thing.

It's definitely worth returning it in my view even if it's for store credit. Check how long the credit's good for then put the word around your mates. If they're looking to buy a new phone they could use your credit and pay you back. It's worth a shot. And you never know, be nice to the guy in the store and he might agree to take it back if it's totally unused.

((((hugs))))
#12 Old 07-06-2004, 04:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Cell phones cost that much!? Yikes. That would definetely put a damper on my month. Hope you can get it sorted out.
#13 Old 07-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Well.. they took the phone back with a $40+tax charge for the new SIM card cause once you disactivate an old one its gone, or something. It may have been BS, but I was glad to get back $135.

Now I just have to deal with the stress of being overbooked with dog sitting this summer, and now getting a day off for the next two months. At least I finally slept last night. I slept about 11 hrs and didn't even wake up to pee! I really needed it. And I ate more than one meal today.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page