Completely stupid self-injury - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-27-2004, 12:48 PM

I bit the inside of my cheek last weekend. Hard. Very hard. The indent of my teeth is still there. B/c of my uber sore throat, the inside of my mouth is all swollen, so I've had to insert padding against my cheek so I don't keep bitting it, since it's swollen, too.

Moron.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-27-2004, 12:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Ouch. That sucks. My brother did that after being numbed for dental work. He actually ate a meal before he was fully recovered. He said it was like hamburger meat in there. Ew. Did you rinse with salt water? That might help.
#3 Old 06-27-2004, 12:54 PM

Yeah, it really hurts my throat, but helps the bit.

My mouth has not been the same since I had a wisdom tooth removed (and the bone infection afterwards). They shifted my jaw just a tiny bit, so I always seem to bite one side of my mouth when I sleep.
#4 Old 06-27-2004, 02:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Hope you have a speedy recovery.
#5 Old 06-27-2004, 03:02 PM
Ex-*****

That sucks a lot, kristadb. (I do that sometimes, too, only not quite as hard I suppose - so I know a little about what you're going through )

If it's any consolation, I might be an even greater moron than you: Today I was out rollerblading, and I was going back inside. Only, first I had to climb down the stairs from the street level to the back yard. (The back yard is at a slightly lower level.) For some reason I decided to do the famous Drunken Master approach... And I was not wearing a helmet... Ouch, that hurt! Probably looked just like one of those jackass morons.

I no longer post here after VB was sold in 2012. (See my profile page for details.)
#6 Old 06-27-2004, 03:04 PM
Veggie Regular

I have scars from that.
#7 Old 06-27-2004, 04:25 PM
Veggie Regular

My son gave himself a shiner with his knee! Actually it wasn't his fault though, my husband was dropping him on the bed (which they do all the time as part of wrasslin) and he um, jackknifed. Bony knee hit bony eye socket. Instant shiner.
#8 Old 06-27-2004, 04:32 PM

ouch! ouch ouch ouch ouch!
#9 Old 06-27-2004, 05:42 PM
Veggie Regular

When I grew in my wisdom teeth, first I grew in the uppers, then I grew in the lowers some time later. When the lowers grew in, I wasn't used to have a full set of teeth back there, and kept biting my cheek over and over again, and it would get more swollen from the bites, so i'd bite it more, so it would get more swollen. It was self perpetuating and absolutely horrible!! It didn't get better, actually, until I DID get a tonsil infection and couldn't handle solid food for about a week, so I wasn't chewing anything.

Moufs are so sensitive!

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#10 Old 06-27-2004, 05:47 PM

Ok, so the cure is no food at all? I can do this.
#11 Old 06-27-2004, 06:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristadb View Post

Ok, so the cure is no food at all? I can do this.

definitely no food--and to add my two cents--no jaw activity at all!! that includes bedroom stuff! i bite my cheek a LOT, then cause it swells, i tend to kepp doing it when i eat. sucks all over the place!! i hope you feel better!!
#12 Old 06-27-2004, 06:04 PM
Veggie Regular

For me, the cure was liquid diet. Broth, tea, yogurt, ice cream, ice pops, things that are easy going down the throat, but don't require jaw action. Cause the more I chewed, the worse it got. It was just "convenient" that I got a throat infection when my cheek was at its worst. Killed two birds with one stone, if you will. Lozenges with throat numbing agents (not menthol.. the other kinds) also help numb your cheek some.

ETA: Talk carefully or not at all. Also easier when you have a sore throat cause it hurts! I remember having to consciously move my cheek out of my teeth area when I shut my mouth all the day, and talking slowly when I did to not accidentaly get my cheek caught in my teeth.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#13 Old 06-27-2004, 06:42 PM
Veggie Regular

i always bite my check using it for other um, jaw activity. i'm being all generous of spirit and that's my reward????
#14 Old 06-28-2004, 04:31 AM
Veggie Regular

No citrus! Ouch.
#15 Old 06-28-2004, 02:07 PM

Ooo suck a lemon
#16 Old 06-29-2004, 03:09 AM
Joe
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristadb View Post

I bit the inside of my cheek last weekend. Hard. Very hard. The indent of my teeth is still there. B/c of my uber sore throat, the inside of my mouth is all swollen, so I've had to insert padding against my cheek so I don't keep bitting it, since it's swollen, too.

I am sorry to hear this.

I had some dental work done on a molar that needs to be crowned. That was about a week ago and my gums and cheek in that area are still swollen and sore. So I am sorry for your situation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page