• 2 Post By Go Vegan
  • 3 Post By Tiger Lilly
  • 4 Post By veganeevi
  • 5 Post By Go Vegan
  • 1 Post By Aliakai
  • 1 Post By Tiger Lilly
  • 1 Post By goddessofbeing

#1 Old 02-04-2015, 06:35 PM

Cool Any witches, energy healers, psychics, empaths etc..

Hey!

I'm a newcomer and so excited to have found this forum. Are there any folks out here who are interested in or who happen to do witchcraft or energy healing? I do energy healing myself and practice ancestral reverence, ritual work and other forms of magic. I turned veggie as a way to improve my practice and adapt a more conscious lifestyle.

Even if you don't identify as a witch, if you are interested or curious in the concept feel free to reply!

Follow my blog for veggie recipes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.”
― Audre Lorde
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Vegan as f**k

Welcome to VB!

I am interested in mythology and legends of the world...
#3 Old 02-04-2015, 06:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Merry Meet!

(Do the cool kids still say that? :P).

I'm not technically a witch, more of a Heathen type personally.

Welcome to the boards!
#4 Old 02-04-2015, 08:29 PM

I've studies several paths, various forms of paganism -definately an earth and goddess worshiper- native american shamanism, buddhism, sufi mysticism, australisn aboriginal dreamtime ect, and I'm very empathic. I take what resonates with me from each and form it into an open collective of ancient wisdom. I've always had a deep connection to nature, but when I became vegan so many of these concepts I had been studying became a tangible part of my lifestyle. things became so clear to me (even things that never occured to me as a vegetarian) -I knew that loving the earth and wanting to live in union with nature means spreading compassion and love to all living things, the animals are our brothers and sisters. That the only true way to grow deeper into your path is to let go of the attachments we have to cruelty. It realtes well to the saying "as above so below, as within so without" - the violence we eat/consume becomes a part of our soul, our energy, which in turns becomes negative and violent energy projected. When we stop eating and comsuming animals products and instead feed our body and soul with plants we are filling ourselves up with the love and abundance the goddess have provided for us, foods that pull earths love deep into our body, so that radiant healing energy can burst out of our hearts! Being vegan is also the most enviormentaly friendly lifestyle- what a wonderful way to give thanks to the earth, by living in reverance to her. I'm so glad this has become a part of your path, I've litterally never met anyone that sees this connection until now, what a beautiful thing! Welcome to the community!

"aho mitakuye oyasin" -Lakota for "all my relations" or "we are all related"

also this is a great video:
#5 Old 02-05-2015, 12:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Nice profile picture. Hope that's you
#6 Old 02-05-2015, 04:49 PM
Vegan as f**k

Thought I would set the mood a little more...

Why is the suffering and killing of animals wrong? Because the value of a sentient organism's life is priceless. They are their own beings and have their own lives and loves. They have higher emotions and thought processes. Their minds are different from ours in degree, not kind - meaning that fundamentally there are critical similarities.
#7 Old 02-05-2015, 09:22 PM
The Corpulent Vegan

Interesting how many pagans that I know that happen to be vegetarian or pretty darn close to it. I'm not necessarily Wiccan, but I am pagan and have practiced magick for about 10 years now. I enjoy energy work and spell work and tend to focus on more ceremonial magick alongside divination practices like the Tarot and occasionally runes. I find being vegetarian helps me be more mindful of my practice.

In an interesting sidenote, I've also noticed that the "heavy" feeling after a big meal consisting mainly of meat went away after going veg and that in it's absence I've been able to move energy more effectively. Anyone else notice that? Gives a bit of a new meaning to "you are what you eat," in my experience.

It would be interesting to see veg/vegan recipes for "traditional foods" for the Sabbats. I don't know if anyone in the thread celebrates them also, but it would definitely be nice.
lina113 likes this.
#8 Old 02-05-2015, 09:34 PM
Total Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Jacques Lamure
Quote:
Originally Posted by goddessofbeing View Post
practice ancestral reverence
Would you mind expanding on this a little bit to me. Not so much in a source form from some website, but really more your views on the meaning behind this? I'm not asking for a book but I'm definitely interesting in knowing some perspective on this!

Last edited by Jacques Lamure; 02-05-2015 at 09:41 PM.
#9 Old 02-05-2015, 11:14 PM
Vegan Newbie 2016

Just to chime in, I have always been fascinated by all religions, all cultures past and present around the entire globe. I LOVE reading and learning about histories surrounding religions/beleif systems...I am very interested in reiki, meditation, yoga (which I think is sort of magical!) totem animals, tarot- I just bought my first tarot deck Wild Wood. I am drawn to Buddhism, and I would like to learn more about what being pagan or wiccan is all about. I don't know where to start with those at all. Any suggestions on books?
#10 Old 02-06-2015, 01:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefox View Post
Just to chime in, I have always been fascinated by all religions, all cultures past and present around the entire globe. I LOVE reading and learning about histories surrounding religions/beleif systems...I am very interested in reiki, meditation, yoga (which I think is sort of magical!) totem animals, tarot- I just bought my first tarot deck Wild Wood. I am drawn to Buddhism, and I would like to learn more about what being pagan or wiccan is all about. I don't know where to start with those at all. Any suggestions on books?
Hmmmm I can tell you what NOT to read :P

When I was younger, I read a lot of Silver RavenWolf and while I personally think she has a very good writing style, she presents a lot of things as 'fact' that are actually inaccurate. Other times, she mixes one belief system with another and....Urgh, look, it's just not cool to do that. So, whenever you're reading something be aware that just because it's printed in a book, does not make it true.

As far as Tarot goes, there's so many books out there and I wouldn't know which ones are definitely good or not. But I just picked up the 'Tarot Bible' by Sarah Bartlett and it felt right. I'm not saying it IS right. But it talks you through how to connect with a deck, gets you to think about the different cards and what they mean.

Pagans are, as an umbrella term, those who don't follow any of the Abrahamic religions.

Wiccans are a subset of pagans, it's a fairly new term and basically refers to those who worship nature.

Those are two very simplistic definitions of those words though and there is plenty of debate about what they actually 'mean'. The only thing I'd say, is don't use them interchangeably. There are loads of pagans who aren't wiccans, as an example- I'd call myself a Pagan, but I'm not a Wiccan, I'm classed as a 'Heathen'. (I follow the Norse Gods).

As for where you start, I would say start with the stories/myths/legends/sagas of the thing that interests you. It sounds like Buddhism is something that speaks to you, so find the texts sacred to it, and read them. Be aware that you'll probably be reading something that's been translated, so it doesn't hurt (if you've got the cash) to invest in reading two or three different translations of the same thing. Don't rely on someone else to TELL you what the stories of a belief are, actually go and read the stories.

That's how I started (then read Silver RavenWolf and undid a lot of my good work, ha ha). I already knew the basics of some of the stories, so I found the less Disneyfied versions, read up on the actual history of the people and from there began doing what I did.

Aliakai, I don't really do Sabbats, but I would LOVE to see some veganised recipes of stuff. I mainly just offer fruit and breads to my Gods. A stark contrast to the meat I used to offer them a number of years ago :P

For my part, I'm just relieved someone started this thread.... All the pagans who I seem to see on the 'net want to tell me that plants have the feelings too. I'm not saying I don't think there's a degree of 'something' with plants, but ....seriously, a plant is not a dog....
Go Vegan likes this.
#11 Old 02-06-2015, 04:39 PM
Vegan as f**k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lilly View Post
seriously, a plant is not a dog....
I can't believe that we have to convince people of this fact sometimes!

Why is the suffering and killing of animals wrong? Because the value of a sentient organism's life is priceless. They are their own beings and have their own lives and loves. They have higher emotions and thought processes. Their minds are different from ours in degree, not kind - meaning that fundamentally there are critical similarities.
#12 Old 02-09-2015, 02:09 PM
Beginner

I've been thinking about being wiccan for awhile now...I also really love meditation, yoga, anything paranormal, and spirituality.
It's nice to see people with similar interests! Welcome to VeggieBoards.
#13 Old 02-16-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Lamure View Post
Would you mind expanding on this a little bit to me. Not so much in a source form from some website, but really more your views on the meaning behind this? I'm not asking for a book but I'm definitely interesting in knowing some perspective on this!
Of course. Ancestor reverence is a very common component of traditional African religions - particularly Ifa (which is the religion of my ancestors). It involves honoring through ritual work, offerings (such as home cooked food and/or water), and prayers as a way to not only encourage spiritual/psychic protection but rekindle (or reclaim) connection with those who have passed on. I have an altar which I use to consult ancestors in times of need or to simply say thanks. You have to be careful tho! Not everyone in your blood line is someone you want to "conjure" into your space…

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.”
― Audre Lorde
#14 Old 02-16-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefox View Post
I am a reiki practitioner and I would say the best way to learn about it is to find practitioners who can not only practice on you ( but also give you some insight about their experiences as a energy healer. If you would like to be a practitioner, I would definitely encourage finding a Reiki center and Reiki Master that you trust and ask them about receive an attunement.

There are so many online resources and a few online (Youtube) witches you can find.

The Divine Mommy, NubiaSutton, and Makalesi to name a few..

LedBoots likes this.

― Audre Lorde
#15 Old 03-02-2015, 07:32 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goddessofbeing View Post
I am a reiki practitioner and I would say the best way to learn about it is to find practitioners who can not only practice on you ( but also give you some insight about their experiences as a energy healer. If you would like to be a practitioner, I would definitely encourage finding a Reiki center and Reiki Master that you trust and ask them about receive an attunement.

There are so many online resources and a few online (Youtube) witches you can find.

The Divine Mommy, NubiaSutton, and Makalesi to name a few..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVcgoew_2yw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AOeZtdC3U4
I'm also a Reiki practicioner. Maybe we can have a distance healing circle on VB.
#16 Old 03-13-2015, 10:29 AM
Veggie Regular

I used to be a hardcore Christian and religious person but, i wanted to be into peaceful things, so i have checked into Paganism and exploring and stuff, I noticed that I am empath in some ways... I wanted something more to connect with nature and all...
#17 Old 02-11-2016, 04:02 PM
Currently 80% Vegan...

Talking

I'm a Wiccan and a witch!!

"Harm None, Do As Ye Wish."
Always follow your True Will, in peace and compassion.
Do not be wasteful to Gaia's children, and your brethren.

#18 Old 02-11-2016, 08:08 PM

I'm too lazy to actually be a witch, but I've practiced a little bit. Possibly an empath but not sure.
#19 Old 02-11-2016, 08:12 PM
Vegan since 1991

Welcome!

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/
#20 Old 04-07-2016, 07:13 AM
Veggie Regular

I went back to being Christian but since I started having life changes in my personal life, i am getting overly judged by Christians , so i decided too go back on the Pagan Path, I am considered a Christo Pagan right now since i still have somewhat Christ as a God ... I am exploring more Pagan path... i am happier now because its much more peaceful.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page