Ever get strange stares at the grocery store? - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 131Likes

#61 Old 11-16-2014, 04:08 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufflon View Post
As a nurse you should know what effect this word can have on patients, being meant as a description only or not.
I have used that word "obese", and even "morbidly obese" with patients before. When a pregnant woman starts out at 300 pounds, for example, pretending that she and her fetus aren't at higher risk for complications would not be fair.

I think health care providers should discuss healthy eating and healthy weight with patients. Sparing their feelings is not doing them any favors. I'm not their friend, I'm their health advocate. People can't make informed choices if they aren't informed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...t-problem.html

"Cancer Research survey found fewer than 10% of people who are clinically obese accept they have a serious weight problem.

11% of obese women accurately acknowledged they were 'obese'.

7% of men correctly judged their weight, accepting they were 'obese'.

Only 10% of the 2,000 adults taking part could accurately identify the BMI threshold for obesity was between 30 and 39.9."
Naturebound and scwendy like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 11-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Oryzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufflon View Post
Nuts are quite calorie rich (fattening?) - so they are an unhealthy food? I doubt it.
I said "ones food", not a small sub-component of ones food. If nuts were a large proportion of what you were eating and they were actively causing obesity, yes in that situation they are unhealthy.
Context and quantity are just as relevant as identity in determining whats healthy and whats not.

As to your comment to leddy, people shouldnt have their hands tied by the assumed neuroses of others.
If someone is obese, when describing their physical condition its fair to say obese. If its accurate, relevant, and timely it shouldnt be criticized based on what emotional associations they may or may not have in regard to the word.
The medical literature is clear in demonstrating that doctors who, afraid of offending peoples assumed delicate sensibilities, are directly harming their patients by not giving them the unbiased factual information they need. And doctors arent the only ones who should be able to speak honestly.
Clear, accurate, timely, and relevant discussion of disease and disability should never become tabboo.
#63 Old 11-16-2014, 05:09 PM
Veggie Regular

K, I am poor. Im not ashamed of that, but I do live at or below the poverty line.

I'll admit that at first, healthy food was intimidating for me. I didnt know how to prepare rice, broccoli, or dried beans. I had (have) a limited amount I can spend, and I want the food to taste good as well.

Junk food wins in 2 ways, it is less expensive in many cases, and it is simple to prepare.

I learned about the nuts and bolts of a healthy diet when my first child was a baby, and we were enrolled in the WIC program for the first time.

I now teach others in my peer group the stuff I have learned, if they ask.

Anyways, sometimes its hard to break out of the 99 cents a box hamburger helper rut many of the poor find themselves in. I dont judge. We are all doing the best we can, arent we?
Kona, LedBoots and Docbanana like this.
#64 Old 11-16-2014, 05:11 PM
Veggie Regular

simple recipes helped me a lot in the beginning, and it is preferred method of cooking now. If I have to buy special ingredients, or use 20 different things to prepare it, I am not comfortable cooking that meal.

However, I am confident in my ability to make a simple bean and vegetable soup in the crockpot.
#65 Old 11-17-2014, 03:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by melimomTARDIS View Post
K, I am poor. Im not ashamed of that, but I do live at or below the poverty line.

I'll admit that at first, healthy food was intimidating for me. I didnt know how to prepare rice, broccoli, or dried beans. I had (have) a limited amount I can spend, and I want the food to taste good as well.

Junk food wins in 2 ways, it is less expensive in many cases, and it is simple to prepare.

I learned about the nuts and bolts of a healthy diet when my first child was a baby, and we were enrolled in the WIC program for the first time.

I now teach others in my peer group the stuff I have learned, if they ask.

Anyways, sometimes its hard to break out of the 99 cents a box hamburger helper rut many of the poor find themselves in. I dont judge. We are all doing the best we can, arent we?
I agree with you to an extent. This is true, that many people don't learn to cook or have the resources and skill/knowledge. This is beginning to change as a lot of local community centers are offering plant based and healthy cooking classes for free. Used to be only fancy healthfood stores and expensive colleges offered these kinds of courses and they were out of reach for those on a budget. Community gardens are sprouting up too which is very nice. Produce can be expensive. it's a sad day when a head of broccoli is more expensive than a frozen pack of white castle burgers. I wanted to mention that I really like the Vegetarian Resource Group http://www.vrg.org/ as they cater to "common folk" and provide a lot of research and ideas for economical but nutritious meals for vegans on a budget. Might be worth checking into and refering others to. I love their magazine and subscribe to it and give it away to work and other public places. Their recipes are simple, affordable, and do not involve ingredients people have never heard of (like nutritional yeast for instance).

My sister went vegan a few years ago and she is VERY poor. She has schizophrenia and lives on disability and my Dad and I help her each month to get by. She did have to take time and research to learn how to cook and feed herself on a budget, but with help it is completely doable and she spends less on food now than before. Both of us used to eat crap food (tv dinners and boxed cereal) and neither of us learned to cook as we were latchkey kids with an eating disordered Mom who work full time, went to school to earn her PhD and was rarely home. So i can relate.

On the otherhand, stuff like ice cream, dove bars, three bags of chips, chocolate milk, candy bars, frozen dinners, pizzas etc can be quite expensive too. And soda pop. I have seen some of the junk food people buy, and the sheer amounts, that there is no way that is cheaper than beans, oats, rice, soy milk, tofu and humble produce. Plus nowadays a lot of people claim they spend little on groceries compared to me but then they eat out two or three times a week (and for some people it is daily) and I eat out maybe five times a YEAR. So yes I might spend a little more in groceries I cook and prepare myself but I seldom eat out (and this includes gas station food/convenience). Eating out is ridiculously expensive if you ask me, unless a person lives on fast food and that is very sad. In the end, the expensive medical bills from eating that kind of diet long term is going to get you in the end.

I am guilty of being hard on others about preparing and making food from scratch. I do work full time, was in school for years also (finally graduated yeah) and work out daily for the last six years at a fitness center or at home for 1.5 hours on average. I also care for a disabled husband and have spent a LOT of time in hospitals and clinics with him. And I still find time (I make time as a priority) to make homemade food for each week that is healthy and nutritious and so I am not left wondering where to get a fast meal. However, I do not and never have had children to feed and care for. I don't have that experience so I try not to judge. I have only ever had to care for myself and maybe my husband and sister. I also rarely travel but did get the experience of traveling far away by airplane to an area of the country that is far less vegan friendly than home so I do understand it can be hard for some people to find decent food. I was in an area where I couldn't even find plain oats or dried beans, and the grocery stores had produce in an area smaller than a walk in closet. Thankfully I had the means to travel a little ways to find decent food, but for a lot of people dependent on a bus system or little transportation and living in poor areas it is a daily reality.

I am also VERY self conscious about being judged and stared at and about food in general as I have suffered with anorexia for many years and have body dysmorphic disorder despite being small to most people. I cringe when people look in my cart, even though there is rarely junk food in there other than the occasional maple syrup, flour, or cliff bar. So I tend to be a bit sensitive and often I don't even notice what other people are buying at all because I just want in and out of the store. I come with a list and goal lol. I get irritated even when people have complimented me in passing for eating so healthy while staring into my cart. I also know that there are those who think carbs are junk and meat and fat are "good" and they are probably judging me too. And then there are those who just don't care and buy what they want. You can't help but feel empathy though for the children who's parents are loading their carts with obvious junk food like the ice cream and chips and cookies and sugared cereal and almost nothing healthy. I grew up with this so I understand the health problems or future eating disorders those kids are going to face. I don't know if that is judging so much as it is concern though. But I don't confront them or stare or say anything. I usually barely look at anyone else let alone stare into their cart.
Purp likes this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#66 Old 11-17-2014, 09:01 AM
Veggie Regular

naturebound-

What a well written and thought out response.

I spend less on food now then I ever have before, and I consider my diet to be healthier than ever. Others would see my food as horrible. I eat a diet high in complex carbs, low in fat, and high in fiber. I am thin, but I wasnt always.

Some things I never bought much of because of cost, like soda. I used to buy a 12 pack of coca cola and keep it in the pantry, squirreled away in case I had a guest come over, and I could offer them a respectable drink. (instead of tap water)
Now I make iced tea from lipton bags, and keep it in the fridge. Or serve fresh coffee.

My son has sensory issues which make his food limited, bland, and processed. I am embarrassed at his poor diet, but I am giving him the healthiest food he is capable of eating. He is afraid of most restaurants, including fast food.

So yeah, he DOES eat frozen cheese pizza, and poptarts. But I always offer him a healthier alternative, and sometimes he adds a new food to his (limited) menu. I was so excited when he started eating corn!

I am embarrassed when people look in my cart, but its inevitable. For the most part you'd see potatoes, rice, veggies (frozen and fresh), whole grain bread, fruit, skim milk dairy products, eggs, dry beans and blocks of tofu, lots of pasta as well. Also a random pack of chips ahoy cookies, canned corn, and a few cheese pizzas.

Again, I am trying the best I can. I am not college educated, or particularly smart. My husband is also disabled, and I have two small kids, one with life threatening food allergies, and the other with sensory issues that prevent him from eating most foods.

I try not to look in others folks carts. Like you, I come in with a list.
Naturebound likes this.

Last edited by melimomTARDIS; 11-17-2014 at 09:09 AM.
#67 Old 01-30-2015, 03:29 PM

the only people in the grocery store I think has noticed my food was the person ringing me up, but I like to look at what other people are buying cuase I like to smile at cute guys shopping in the produce section
Purp likes this.

Last edited by veganeevi; 01-30-2015 at 08:15 PM.
#68 Old 01-30-2015, 05:33 PM
Vegan as f**k

I don't think anyone notices what I buy as I usually shop late at night or even in the middle of the night heh...Otherwise I shop in a health store and everyone is buying similar stuff
Purp likes this.

Why is the suffering and killing of animals wrong? Because the value of a sentient organism's life is priceless. They are their own beings and have their own lives and loves. They have higher emotions and thought processes. Their minds are different from ours in degree, not kind - meaning that fundamentally there are critical similarities.
#69 Old 01-30-2015, 06:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I usually use the self check out line, and the robot overlords have nothing to say about my purchases.

I have a friend who is a life-long vegetarian who works as a grocery store clerk, and she has to bite her tongue when she sees an obviously unhealthy person with kids and a cart loaded with absolute garbage.
Purp likes this.
#70 Old 01-30-2015, 08:29 PM
Vegan as f**k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
I usually use the self check out line.
I usually do this too...Much more efficient
Purp likes this.
#71 Old 01-31-2015, 06:45 AM

What a great thread. Although being vegan where I live in New Zealand is not very common, vegetarian is known. So going to the supermarket is pretty easy. I do recycle bread bags to put my produce in and have to warn the cashier not to use the bar code otherwise it will ring up as bread. One very helpful cashier thought it was a great idea that I recycled the bag then proceeded to tell me that the supermarket have plastic bags for produce - don't think she really understood the recycle.
I sometimes have a cashier ask me what something is - e.g. "I've heard about quinoa - what's it like?" (I usually have to correct their pronunciation of "quinoa" ).
Like other fast food countries in the world, obesity is growing quickly in N.Z. and it really saddens me to see the trolleys filled with junk.
Purp, mecanna and MozIsMyShepherd like this.

Being a healthy vegan is definitely the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#72 Old 01-31-2015, 08:03 AM
Veggie Regular

I mainly go through the produce section, then to the organic section (for plant milks, cereal, vegan cheese, crackers, etc..). Sometimes a foray through the rest of the store for coffee and the like. I try to avoid processed foods full of chemicals and sugar.
My kids will ask for something, so I pick it up and read the ingredients -and explain what the offending ones actually are. My kids nod and say "well, can we get this without that?"
People will look at my kids in pity or at me in disgust. "Oh no, this awful mother tells her kids what's in the food! She won't buy them anything they want! The horror!" ~lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Purp likes this.
#73 Old 01-31-2015, 08:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh! One time, a lady with samples started waving some ham roll ups at us. My daughter (she was 6 at the time) walked over and looked at it. She asked if it was a dead pig, to which the sample lady said, "well, yes, I guess it is." My daughter got all big-eyed and said, "poor pig!"
We got some funny looks that day.

Purp likes this.
#74 Old 01-31-2015, 08:08 AM

I haven't noticed any stares but am often oblivious to things like that. I'm sure people probably think that I'm odd that I read every label too when I'm shopping.

I've only ever once gotten a comment from the cashier. It was sort of funny because I was buying a bunch of crap food for a party that included pop and chips but also happened to have tofu in my collection and he commented that I was buying really healthy stuff as he was ringing through the tofu. I tried not to chuckle thinking that this was probably the grossest grocery shop I've ever done.
Purp likes this.
#75 Old 01-31-2015, 09:47 AM
Lovable misanthrope

I'm one of those people who stare ...maybe, I can't help but notice some people buying unusual amounts of the same food like 30 bottles of milk or 30 loaves of bread. But otherwise I try not to look anymore as it makes me feel sad seeing chopped up animals in people's trolleys. I have not noticed anyone giving me dirty looks, but then again I think I've grown a pretty thick skin by now

And if the people stare
Let the people stare
I really don't know
And I really don't care
Purp and mecanna like this.

it takes guts to be gentle and kind
#76 Old 01-31-2015, 01:20 PM
Beginner

Wow, there's a lot going on in this thread! It's sad to see how many of us are judgemental towards people who are obese and/or buying junk. It was nice to see others jumping to their defense though. I grew up in a family with varied diets. My dad's diet led to diabetes and caused him to have a STEMI (very serious heart attack) a few days before Christmas. The irony is that that's just a month after my mom, my sister, and I started having green juices and green smoothies every day. My dad is doing well now, but he still isn't eating right. Their shopping cart is full of spinach, kale, and sugar free pudding packs.

But I digress. My own shopping cart is mostly produce, especially since my boyfriend isn't starting his new job for a month and we're trying to budget. I don't feel like I get any stares, but I could just be ignoring them. The only time I got a weird look I noticed was when I ran into a girl shaking up bottles of kombucha and I warned her they'd blow up when she opened them like soda would. I noticed she didn't get any, but put them all back on the shelves. Ugh.

If I'm buying bulk items like beans, grains, nuts, or seeds, I go to the health food store where I used to work. They know my eating habits there, so I don't really get any stares. I'm also lucky enough to have an all vegan convenience store nearby, so I can stock up on all sorts of things without getting stares.
#77 Old 01-31-2015, 01:46 PM
Lovable misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecanna View Post
Oh! One time, a lady with samples started waving some ham roll ups at us. My daughter (she was 6 at the time) walked over and looked at it. She asked if it was a dead pig, to which the sample lady said, "well, yes, I guess it is." My daughter got all big-eyed and said, "poor pig!"
We got some funny looks that day.

I actually laughed out loud, she sounds like a sweet child, my kids are very innocent and outspoken like that, they ll just say anything they think

#78 Old 01-31-2015, 01:47 PM
just add raisins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
I usually use the self check out line, and the robot overlords have nothing to say about my purchases.

I have a friend who is a life-long vegetarian who works as a grocery store clerk, and she has to bite her tongue when she sees an obviously unhealthy person with kids and a cart loaded with absolute garbage.
Perhaps your friend should try not to be so judgemental. Maybe the "obviously unhealthy" (how can she tell??) people don't just shop at one place for all their needs, maybe they've bought other things at diverse other places and this is just what they need (is the best value?) from that particular store?
#79 Old 01-31-2015, 01:48 PM
Lovable misanthrope

Mecanna is your daughter vegan or vegetarian from birth?

#80 Old 01-31-2015, 06:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auxin View Post
Its funny, in the pharmacy workers have the recognized right to refuse to dispense medication they deem immoral. If a pharm tech doesn't believe in birth control or STD barriers they call over someone else or send the customer to another pharmacy and its legal. I wonder what would happen if a store checker refused to sell junk food to a morbidly obese parent being orbited by morbidly obese children. Admittedly I don't know the minutiae of other religions, but in mine knowingly helping someone to cause physical harm to children is considered immoral.
I wonder how Pharmacy workers managed to get that past the big retail corporations? Unfortunately, if a checker tried to do something like that even for health/personal belief reasons they would most likely be fired. When I worked as a cashier in a hardware store I had to wait on people who were buying poisons all the time and was not allowed to refuse to sell it to them even though my supervisor was well aware of my feelings about it. I am so happy not to be working there anymore for many reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Thanks for the idea about the sticker! Some of my stuff I don't bag either, but I am paranoid about some of the crap that gets left on the checkout belt. I need to get in a habit of bringing something to wipe it down as the clerks don't always get to it. I bag all my leafy greens though in my mesh bags. Like you I also reuse ziplock bags, especially for stuff I store in the freezer. They last a long time!
Bringing something to wipe the checkout belt off with is an excellent idea. One of the things I dislike most about grocery shopping is having to put my items on those filthy conveyor belts. Last time I was at Albertsons I ended up in line behind someone who was purchasing a huge package of dead chicken parts which was leaking all over the place. It was one of only two open check stands and the other line was longer so I didn't have a better choice as I was also on my way to work and couldn't be late. As she was leaving she dropped it on the floor where it left a puddle of fluid that someone could have slipped on. After she was gone I said the the cashier, "They really need to come up with some kind of meat packaging that doesn't leak". At least I was only buying some cat litter and not any food that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Such as this, from one of the politicians where I live, who is also on the Republican National Committee......

"Shawn Steel, husband of county supervisor candidate Michelle Steel, has debuted the vegan smackdown. Steel was in prime form when he gave a talk to the Newport Mesa Tea Party on Aug. 14, displaying his trademark blend of erudition, libertarianism and hyperbole. But when he came to mentioning Democratic state Senate candidate Jose Solorio, Steel delivered a line that was remarkable even by his standards. “I got nothing against Jose Solorio, but he’s a vegan. What a freak!” Steel said, drawing chuckles. “That’s like a fascist. That’s like ISIS.”"

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/s...e-solorio.html
Wow, comparing vegans to violent terrorists and fascists, that is incredibly ignorant and bigoted, and why I am very careful about who I vote for. I found out a couple of years ago that if you don't like any of the candidates for a particular office you can leave all those choices blank and they will still count your other votes. So sometimes that is exactly what I do. I don't think however that the candidates are told of when voters don't choose to vote for any or either of them, it might be good if they were. Unfortunately for the U.S. politicians like him seem to the the norm rather than the exception.

I haven't noticed any one staring or giving me odd looks in the grocery store in general for a long time. I tend to avoid the main-stream supermarkets like Vons and Ralphs now that we have a few more veggie friendly stores in my area and now a 99 cent store; except when I need something that they don't sell like pet supplies. So they are probably used to seeing people buying a lot of vegetarian items. Also, a lot of people where I live are so self-involved they generally don't seem to notice what others have in their baskets. I do occasionally get a look or annoy someone when I stop in an aisle to read a label. I got a questioning look from a cashier a couple of weeks ago when I was buying a huge amount of canned soups and other soft foods like yogurt and hot cereal. It was right after I had my wisdom teeth removed. So, I told him that I had just had my wisdoms pulled out and he nodded and said he hoped I felt better soon.

I have to admit that I do tend to judge others when I see what they are buying, but, I keep it to myself. I also try to look at what the person ahead of me has and if they are buying a lot of meat I will choose another checkout line if possible. I also do that if they have young children with them because I don't like being near the noise and confusion.
#81 Old 02-01-2015, 05:23 AM
Veggie Regular

I buy food online and have it delivered. In fact I buy almost everything online ... but when I did shop in person looking at other people's carts was always fascinating. I'm sure I had my share of cart snoopers too :-) but it never bothered me that they could see I was buying mostly fresh veg, fruit and basic ingredients.
#82 Old 02-01-2015, 12:29 PM
Vegan as f**k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Such as this, from one of the politicians where I live, who is also on the Republican National Committee......

"Shawn Steel, husband of county supervisor candidate Michelle Steel, has debuted the vegan smackdown. Steel was in prime form when he gave a talk to the Newport Mesa Tea Party on Aug. 14, displaying his trademark blend of erudition, libertarianism and hyperbole. But when he came to mentioning Democratic state Senate candidate Jose Solorio, Steel delivered a line that was remarkable even by his standards. “I got nothing against Jose Solorio, but he’s a vegan. What a freak!” Steel said, drawing chuckles. “That’s like a fascist. That’s like ISIS.”"

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/s...e-solorio.html
A republican slamming vegans? Didn't see that one coming lol...Anyway, nobody vote for this guy please
#83 Old 02-02-2015, 06:18 AM

the 'look'

My second job is as a part-time cashier at a grocery store, and i think you may be paranoid - nobody gives anyone 'dirty looks' for what they have in their cart.
#84 Old 02-08-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfBird View Post
I have a tendancy to walk around manually without my mind actually being present so I've probably not even noticed such stares.

My sister tells me though that when she does her healthy vegan shop she is the one who tends to stare at other people's baskets in shock.
manual waking cracked me up. I don't even hear friends calling my name sometimes.
I'm more of a look at other baskets at checkout.
#85 Old 02-16-2015, 07:28 AM
Veggie Regular

My kids have eaten vegetarian most of their lives. I slowly switched everything in the house to vegan about two years ago.

#86 Old 02-16-2015, 09:06 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
I have used that word "obese", and even "morbidly obese" with patients before. When a pregnant woman starts out at 300 pounds, for example, pretending that she and her fetus aren't at higher risk for complications would not be fair.

I think health care providers should discuss healthy eating and healthy weight with patients. Sparing their feelings is not doing them any favors. I'm not their friend, I'm their health advocate. People can't make informed choices if they aren't informed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...t-problem.html

"Cancer Research survey found fewer than 10% of people who are clinically obese accept they have a serious weight problem.

11% of obese women accurately acknowledged they were 'obese'.

7% of men correctly judged their weight, accepting they were 'obese'.

Only 10% of the 2,000 adults taking part could accurately identify the BMI threshold for obesity was between 30 and 39.9."
Can I get an Amen?!

I work in the disability field and it is shameful how few healthcare providers even bother to mention the potential (and likely) dire effects of obesity to their patients. IMHO, whether a patient will listen or not, you owe it to them ethically, professionally, and humanely to have that conversation. Sadly, most just write the scripts, rinse, repeat, every single visit
#87 Old 02-16-2015, 09:09 AM
Beginner

Oh, and back on topic. I really want to re-work our food budget to elicit some stares I would like to go primarily raw for a while and see how I feel.
#88 Old 02-17-2015, 01:48 PM
Lovable misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecanna View Post
My kids have eaten vegetarian most of their lives. I slowly switched everything in the house to vegan about two years ago.

That's amazing well done! We are fully vegetarian in the house now. I'm also trying to replace everything that they wouldn't mind or notice with vegan options. I'm finding it ok with treats and sweets, they seem happy with vegan junk, but when it comes to cooked meals they turn their noses up, even though I think it smells and tastes great...if I say so myself . Mind you maybe they need so bit more time, they have changed diets dramatically in the last 2-3 months...

Last edited by MozIsMyShepherd; 02-17-2015 at 01:51 PM.
#89 Old 02-17-2015, 01:51 PM
Lovable misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by scwendy View Post
Oh, and back on topic. I really want to re-work our food budget to elicit some stares I would like to go primarily raw for a while and see how I feel.
Would going raw be cheaper then?

#90 Old 02-18-2015, 03:43 AM
Vegan as f**k

Quote:
Originally Posted by MozIsMyShepherd View Post
That's amazing well done! We are fully vegetarian in the house now. I'm also trying to replace everything that they wouldn't mind or notice with vegan options. I'm finding it ok with treats and sweets, they seem happy with vegan junk, but when it comes to cooked meals they turn their noses up, even though I think it smells and tastes great...if I say so myself . Mind you maybe they need so bit more time, they have changed diets dramatically in the last 2-3 months...
I think you are doing a great job with your kids! They are already veggie and potentially heading towards veganism ultimately...Great work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page