DIY Tattoos/Piercings/Brandings - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-24-2004, 12:50 AM

I pierced my ears myself, all 4 holes, and i just got done branding myself. (A small star, maybe 2 inches, on my hip.) anyone else DIY? I would like to know if anyone has done DIY tattoos. Yes yes yes I know all the health factors bad things but still.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-24-2004, 05:17 AM
Veggie Regular

I know people with DIY tattoos. They did them when they were teens, and now that they are in their thirties, they look like crap.

While I wouldn't do it myself, others have. Its not really my business.

My sister has done a self-branding. She is happy with it. While I wouldn't push self-modification for the health and saftey risks, I can't stop them.
#3 Old 05-24-2004, 05:19 AM
Veggie Regular

I did the third holes in my ears, as well as the cartilage one. Boring, right? The ice doesn't really help, does it?
#4 Old 05-24-2004, 07:41 AM
xia

sorry, but whats branding?
#5 Old 05-24-2004, 08:06 AM
Veggie Regular

I believe that branding is the act of burning a design into your skin. I am not exactly sure how its done, however...

I pierced my ears, once. It didn't really hurt too bad, it was no big deal. Anyway, I wouldn't really do your own tattoo, my best friend did one on herself a few years ago with a needle and ink pen...it looks horrendous. Plus, its probably pretty unsanitary. I know its your business, but I can't help but advise against it.
#6 Old 05-24-2004, 08:09 AM
Veggie Regular

wow. that just scares the bejeebers out of me. i'm afraid to even pierce my own ears. but i already have three holes on each side. the next ones i want are up in the cartilage thingie and that one where they do they do that little nubby that's not really your ear, it's the part of your cheek that is cartilage-like and just kind of covers your ear-hole. i have no idea what you call that. anyhow, i heard both hurt and the 2nd one can bleed profusely. professional please!
#7 Old 05-24-2004, 08:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Ugh, I think it's a bad idea to do any body modifications without a professional Sorry
#8 Old 05-24-2004, 10:25 AM
Veggie Regular

I did 5 of my ear holes myself, & when I was 11 or 12 I gave myself a "tattoo" on my ankle, the woman symbol. It's really small, looks like s***, and I hate it, but it'll be an easy cover and nobody hardly notices it anyway. My friend had an unprofessional do a tattoo on her bicep, and totally messed it up. It looks like a**, and it's huge so it's gonna be a hard one to cover up (not to mention very expensive) So yeah, ears are the only thing I'll DIY (err DIM..) As others have said, I think anything else should be left to the professionals.
#9 Old 05-24-2004, 10:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Girl View Post

I pierced my ears myself, all 4 holes, and i just got done branding myself. (A small star, maybe 2 inches, on my hip.) anyone else DIY? I would like to know if anyone has done DIY tattoos. Yes yes yes I know all the health factors bad things but still.

I'm thinking you've an awesome pain tolerance..Wow... When do we get to see the pics now-? Tash.
#10 Old 05-24-2004, 11:17 AM

i did one of the holes in my ears myself. everybody gives me that eee look when i tell them but i thought twas really fun ^.^ a friend of mine got drunk and branded himself only now he's going to get it tattooed over cause he doesnt like the way it looks. ((i personally think it's rather cool)) thats awesome that your brave enough to DIY only i must agree w/the others bout the tattoo. they may look cool at first but later on arent a very pretty sight
#11 Old 05-24-2004, 04:24 PM
Veggie Regular

One of my friends pierced her own lip because her parents wouldn't let her...seems liek it woulda hurt
#12 Old 05-25-2004, 12:02 AM
xia

Ouch.
#13 Old 05-25-2004, 07:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Hahha, that reminds me of my little 12-year old sister piercing her own nose. I came home from work one night and she called me into her room..."Don't tell mom" she says, and then shows me the piercing. "Um, I think she'll notice on her own kiddo, it's plain as the nose on your face." (Mom let her keep the piercing though)

I have no DIY tats/brands/piercings. I did carve my initials into my arm with a razor once, but the scar (fortunately) did not last long. That was not one of my more brilliant ideas.

That same sister also has a DIY tattoo on her lower back, a little inch-wide eye of horus that her boyfriend did. It's not too bad, but it's not very even. It could be gone over professionally and incorporated into a larger design and look great. On it's own, it looks a little shabby and the scale is totally wrong, it's far too small for the spot it's in. She hates it now though 'cause it reminds her of her ex.
#14 Old 05-25-2004, 01:29 PM
Veggie Regular

um. no way.

interestingly, i know a guy who pierced his own nipples. he did one and bled so much he passed out from the sight of it (or the pain, or both) but a few days later he did the other one

he offered me a free tat by a friend of his that used to run a studio but got shut down. he kept all the equipment and still does them for friends out of his house. i said thanks but no thanks. i'd rather wait and save up the cash to do it in a studio than risk unsanitary conditions and someone possibly not knowing what their doing. later someone told me that the guy does really poor work so i was glad i turned down the offer.

the way i see it a tattoo is something i'll have forever, i want to make damn sure it's something i'm going to love and not regret later.

piercings are another matter but i wouldn't do it myself because i'm a chicken. i don't think i'd let a friend do it either just cause i'd worry about scarring if they messed up. i'd trust one of those $10 jobbies with the gun that they do at cosmetics counters before i'd trust someone inexperienced and unqualified, friend or not.

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#15 Old 05-25-2004, 04:45 PM

I'm too chicken to do them myself. So I have my friend Kat do them. She and her mom own a tatoo/piercing shop. I have 17 holes and two tats, and more to come. But that's cool if you did them youself. I just don't have the nerve.
#16 Old 05-25-2004, 06:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Ive got a lot of scars enscribed into me, but that was a few 'mental issues' ago.

Similar to how nightcrawler from the xmen looks, is how my chest, stomach, and arms look, carved and sad.

they dont stick out like a branding but you can tell a razor was a lustful item at one point in my life.
#17 Old 05-25-2004, 06:25 PM
Meo
Veggie Regular

I had to re-pierce my second right hole in my ear when it had started to heal up, but that's it. I don't see the point of doing something to that calibur yourself as something new when you could get it done by someone else professionally.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page