Kucinich, Portland, Vegan Cookies - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-28-2004, 07:12 PM
Veggie Regular

news alert, from Food Fight vegan grocery:

Big fun news for next Saturday, May 1st.

From noon-8pm, we're having a party. A grand opening party, to be exact, for OTSU (www.otsuportland.com) next door. We need everybody to come hang out and make them feel welcome and appreciated. If you want to print out a flyer and put it up somewhere, you can download it from: www.fourteenlittlemen.com/downloads/flyer.pdf

And to bribe you into hanging out, we're gonna jump through some hoops to try and make it fun for all involved.

Here's a few things going on:

DENNIS KUCINICH (www.kucinich.us) will be here from 1-1:30. He will be the celebrity judge in our vegan chocolate chip cookie contest. More on that later in the email. Come give a cheer and a high five to the guy who should be our next president.

HOT DOG EATING CONTEST, probably around 2 o'clock. Limited number of space for contestants, email us telling why you feel you could win and maybe you can earn a place in vegan history.

RAFFLE to benefit the Lighthouse Farm Sanctuary in Salem. Prizes include dinners and whatever else we can scrap together this week.

SAMPLES of lots of stuff. Not sure what, but some of it will be grilled. So there.

PIZZA BY THE SLICE will be available to purchase from Kalga Kafe.

And probably some music...probably.

About the chocolate chip cookie contest. Again, numbers of contestants is very limited, maybe like 5 cookies. So, if you want to enter, email us soon, and let us know why you think your cookies are so much better than everybody else. And remember, they have to be VEGAN, including non bone-char sugar, please keep that in mind.

4179 SE Division

Portland, OR 97202

www.foodfightgrocery.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow, this sounds so fun. Why the hell do I have to be in Florida?
#3 Old 04-29-2004, 02:08 PM
Veggie Regular

vegan chocolate chip cookies?? This event almost sounds good enough to take a roadtrip. Too bad work probably wouldn't let me take off to do that though. heh.
#4 Old 04-29-2004, 10:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Yay! I'll definatly be there. I'll keep an eye out for you Amy.
#5 Old 04-29-2004, 10:08 PM

OTSU is opening up another store in Portland? That's awesome! They must be doing well with the first store in San Francisco.

....and I could really kick some A$$ in a vegan chocolate chip cookie eating contest.
#6 Old 04-29-2004, 10:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, and I didn't mention....I'm so excited that Otsu is opening a store in Portland.
#7 Old 04-30-2004, 01:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Jess, unfortunately I have school that day!!! I might pop by in the evening... shoes!!
#8 Old 04-30-2004, 03:36 PM
Veggie Regular

O, my, GAWD that sounds so awesome...but I am far, far away. Have fun, Jess and Amy!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page