Pope Fires Archbishop for Abusing Funds, Converts $40 Million Mansion into Soup Kitchen - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Germany’s recently suspended “Bishop of Bling” faces the prospect of seeing his lavish multimillion euro residence turned into a refugee centre or a soup kitchen for the homeless, Catholic church officials in his home diocese announced today.

Bishop Franz Peter Tebartz-van Elst was formally suspended last week amid accusations that he had spent over €31m (£26.5m) on renovating his official residence in Limburg. The charges, which earned the 53-year-old bishop his nickname, provoked outrage among German Catholics.

Yesterday, church officials in Limburg said they were taking their own steps to admonish him.

“The residence is like an inherited sin which the bishop has left in his wake,” said a spokesman for the Caritas organisation for the homeless. “People who seek sanctuary with us could be given food in the residence,” he added.

Turning the complex into a refugee centre would follow the practice of a former Limburg bishop who housed a refugee family from Eritrea while he moved into a residence for novice priests.

Read the rest here: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/german-bishop-of-blings-multimillion-euro-mansion-to-be-used-to-serve-needy-8907623.html

This is such good news! It put a huge smile on my face. carrot.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-02-2013, 08:41 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

I know!! Isn't that great? This pope is not so bad.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#3 Old 11-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

I know!! Isn't that great? This pope is not so bad.

He's certainly an improvement compared to Pope Palpatine. laugh.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#4 Old 11-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular

The article was unclear on which punishments came from the Pope and which were coming from lower-ranking church officials, also unclear on which punishments were going to happen and which were merely being contemplated.

I'll follow a "wait and see" approach on this one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page