The POSITIVE thread - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Veggie Regular

THE POSITIVE THREAD

Yes, in big capitals letters. Because it deserves them.

So,

very simple, very easy,

anything real, factual, positive, can be posted here.

Can be veggie related, or the birth of a panda-tiger-gremlin mixed blood in a zoo ( not sure about the gremlin part ), or you got your driver's license, cute pics or quotes or whatever,

only rule is its real and positive.

I begin with : hey guys there is a new thread and its about positive stuff ( yeah just here here you are on it right now )

and because i am the OP, i allow myself the right ( and give it to everybody ) to say more than one positive thing :

you can participate. Seriously. You can.

Aristede, t0mmy and Jennifer C like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
https://
https://www.autistici.org/en/index.html  https://riseup.net/en

https://pay.reddit.com/r/privacy/wiki/index

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-17-2013, 09:39 PM
Banned

Good idea smiley.gif

I attended this march on Saturday and it was wonderful:

There were about 300 of us and we marched downtown. I generally dislike crowds but I loved this one. I would go every day if they had them smiley.gif

#3 Old 06-17-2013, 10:21 PM

Oh I love this idea. yes positive things are always needed in our life, even the little things

Thank you for starting this thread, great idea. 

OK here is my list for tonight

There are night herons roosting in the trees behind my house

The lightening beetles are out with their glowing abdomens making it look like the stars have dropped into the trees

The prickly pears are ripe and the patches I have been watering are heavy with sweet and juicy purple tunas

An omni friend went our of her way to get veggie broth to make a dish for me for when we get together tomorrow

My hair is finally long enough to donate to locks of love and I'm going to cut it this week. I'm hoping to be able to make one more donation (takes about 2.5 years to grow out) before it gets too gray for them to use. 

I can hear the night hawks flying around my neighborhood eating up many mosquitoes and I'm sure there are bats out there helping them too. 

I did laundry today, as soon as i send this I'm headed to a bed with fresh from the dryer sheets. I love laundry days just for that reason. (not the doing of the laundry part, but the fresh sheets part make up for the doing of the laundry part)

Good night, thanks for helping me end the day remembering all the positive things in life. :)  

Legolas likes this.
#4 Old 06-17-2013, 10:53 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

I passed all my classes for last semester. :) 

Legolas and Colorsntrees like this.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#5 Old 06-18-2013, 05:35 AM
Impeach the gangster

MOD POST- The Compost Heap is where we argue about controversial stuff, so I'm switching this thread to the Veggie Patch (Off-Topic Forum.)

The sun is out today, and we're having a break from all the rain! sunny.gif

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#6 Old 06-18-2013, 02:41 PM
Beginner

Love the thread!

• My cat gave me cuddles after I'd been out all day (I loves his cuddles)
  • I recently signed up for my second marathon. It's made me happy and given my running a reason. Now I just have to pick a charity to run for (I don't need to run for a charity, I just want to)
  • I've been making jewellery again after a month or so of not being able to.
  • I helped a woman with an interview activity today - she was standing on a busy road near Covent Garden in London, she had an item and she had to swap it for something else with anyone and she had to keep doing it. I swapped one of my business cards (only thing I had on me) for 1 cent and I had a nice chat with her. I'd love to know the other sort of items she managed to get.

Greenjay, hair donation sounds awesome! Kudos to you for doing that.

4everaspirit - congrats!

Legolas likes this.
#7 Old 06-18-2013, 06:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Great thread Cyberpunk thank you! smiley.gif

The very first positive every morning is waking up to the sound of beautiful birds chirping from the tree in front of my house.

My beautiful rose garden and butterfly bushes are tall and all my hard work gardening and tending to them has paid off .... July is the month my butterfly bushes will bloom lavender flowers .... I look forward to seeing the beauty that awaits ....

I enjoy cooking it is another art I truly enjoy and love to share with family and friends ....

I positively enjoy sewing I love it in fact ! The joy on peoples faces when you give them a homemade gift is
amazing....

My beautiful family and pets included although
bottom on this list are tops in my heart I love them so very much!

VeggieBoards I positively love it here the people are awesome!
Legolas likes this.
#8 Old 06-18-2013, 06:42 PM
Zelda Freak

I got a massive amount of work done today and will be taking tomorrow and Thurs mostly off! Weeeeee! 

Legolas likes this.

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:

+

* Find me:
+
+
#9 Old 06-18-2013, 06:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer C View Post

I got a massive amount of work done today and will be taking tomorrow and Thurs mostly off! Weeeeee! 

Yay! Jennifer! grin.gif
#10 Old 06-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Impeach the gangster

My neighbors' (cousins') dog Molly is due to have puppies, maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow. If they don't come tonight, then tomorrow I get to look in an her all day. Puppies!

Legolas likes this.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#11 Old 06-18-2013, 07:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

My neighbors' (cousins') dog Molly is due to have puppies, maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow. If they don't come tonight, then tomorrow I get to look in an her all day. Puppies!

Awwww puppies how cute .... I am positively loving this thread tonight .... Have a wonderful time Uncle Capstan smiley.gif

#12 Old 06-18-2013, 08:15 PM

4everaspirit, congratulations on your classes!

Capstan, I'd love to have some of that rain, and would be happy to send you some hot sunny weather. The new puppies sound cute too, I hope all goes well with the birthing. 

Faya, the marathon sounds amazing, thanks for helping a charity at the same time

Lavender, homemade gifts are such a rare treasure, so glad you are making them

Jennifer, have a wonderful couple of days off

My positives for today are

Had a wonderful dinner with a good friend who not only shared great conversation, but helped me finish a busy work assignment from my professor that is due this week

Found out that the new local pool has a ramp with handrails, which will make it possible for me to easily go swimming with one of my dear friends who is wheelchair bound. We already swim together on occasion, but she is embarrassed to need assistance to get in and especially out of a traditional pool, so we don't go often. Now with this new one, she can get in and out on her own which means that I have a new swimming partner and she will get to do something she loves.

I got my application approved to transfer to another district, which is one step closer to returning to a school that was a better fit for me than the charter school I taught at this past year. 

On a whim stopped by Supercuts to have my hair cut. Donated 12 inches and since it was for locks of love and I asked for a simple cut, the stylist didn't charge me. :) I'm still adjusting to the cut, but the afternoon felt cooler without all that hair down my back. 

Jennifer C, Legolas and 60225 like this.
#13 Old 06-18-2013, 09:45 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenjay View Post

Capstan, I'd love to have some of that rain, and would be happy to send you some hot sunny weather.

I wish we could swap! We get one more day of sun, then another week of rain. It's so soggy here, the farmers can't plant crops. (OOPS, that doesn't sound so positive, does it?)

Quote:
On a whim stopped by Supercuts to have my hair cut. Donated 12 inches and since it was for locks of love and I asked for a simple cut, the stylist didn't charge me. :) I'm still adjusting to the cut, but the afternoon felt cooler without all that hair down my back.

Will they take a guy's hair? I haven't had mine cut for about 9-months. It's not real long yet, but almost long enough to make a ponytail. Sooner or later I'll want it cut back, but I'd never thought about donating it...?

#14 Old 06-18-2013, 09:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I wish we could swap! We get one more day of sun, then another week of rain. It's so soggy here, the farmers can't plant crops. (OOPS, that doesn't sound so positive, does it?)

Will they take a guy's hair? I haven't had mine cut for about 9-months. It's not real long yet, but almost long enough to make a ponytail. Sooner or later I'll want it cut back, but I'd never thought about donating it...?

I believe Locks of Love will take hair from anyone, male or female. Here's the website. http://www.locksoflove.org/

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#15 Old 06-18-2013, 10:05 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

I believe Locks of Love will take hair from anyone, male or female. Here's the website. http://www.locksoflove.org/

Thanks so much, Purp!

#16 Old 06-19-2013, 01:05 AM
Banned

With bell curving everyone is passing nowadays. lol jk! You're pretty bright :)

BTW I did very poorly in my first semester in university because my heart wasn't in it. So if you didn't do as well as you like do not be discouraged just find something you like :) I am sure you will do very well if your heart is in it smiley.gif Sorry if the joke was inappropriate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4everaspirit View Post

I passed all my classes for last semester. :) 

4everaspirit likes this.
#17 Old 06-19-2013, 08:02 AM

I woke up in a good mood today. The cold I got two days ago is already going away. I'm learning to cook. I'm learning to cook vegetarian food. I'm educating myself on the vegan lifestyle before I transition in a few months. I'm training myself to ALWYS think positively, which is increasing my confidence. I'm hanging out with my friends more. I'm learning to take better care of myself. I love looking outside and seeing beauty in everything. I'm enjoying the nice weather day and night. I'm learning to give more. smiley.gif
lavender phase likes this.
#18 Old 06-19-2013, 06:08 PM

I didn't realize that my housemates bottle of mayo is actually vegan. It's not intended to be, but the company just makes one product that happens to be vegan, so I'm about to have a sandwich with nutritional yeast, spinach, carrot and MAYO (I love mayo on my sandwiches...)

I start work at 1pm today, which means I have enough time to sleep in, be lazy and sit on the internet AND take my dog for a walk :)

#19 Old 06-19-2013, 07:07 PM

Love all the positive things folks are sharing. 

My positive for the day is

I went swimming and a friend that I lost contact with about a year ago was there. So we reconnected and plan to try to swim together through the summer. 

I woke up to a call from my 3 year old niece who is very excited about my visit to see her and her brother in a few weeks. My sis told her that I was taking them camping in the mountains and she just can't wait. It will be her first real camping trip. I only get to see them once a year but we do video chats often, so they know who I am. 

The hibiscus bushes in my turtles' cage are in full bloom and so beautiful. I got two new ones this year, without seeing what the flowers looked like (just needed to give them more shade when some of their other plants died from the drought). And one of the bushes turns out to be this peachy/orange colored flower that I have been wanting for years. I was so happy to see it among the pink and red ones. I know hibiscus are not the best for a dry climate but they are edible and shady for my shellkids so I just have to be sure to water them through the winter when the shellkids are not out there. 

#20 Old 06-20-2013, 02:32 PM

Best thing about my day: all vegan Mexican night at a local cafe. A friend and I ordered a sharing platter and basically got a table filled with yummy goodness. How often can I go out and order one of everything?! (Answer: where I live, never)

Ahhh, a good day.

Werewolf Girl likes this.
#21 Old 06-20-2013, 08:36 PM

Kath, vegan mexican night sounds wonderful. I am so jealous :) With the exception of one veggie tamale shop, I get lard laden Mexican food here, so am enjoying just the thought of a vegan Mexican platter served in a restaurant. Sounds so amazing (yes I do need to get out more). Thanks so much for sharing. :) 

My positives for today are:

-enjoyed swimming for over an hour

-professor gave me a pair of gloves when I didn't have some today (usually you get dismissed from lab and take a 0, but he was feeling generous since I didn't have gloves because everyone had been borrowing mine without bringing me any.)

#22 Old 06-21-2013, 08:17 AM

Yeah it was great - and funnily enough way better than anything I've eaten in Mexico (although I can't help but feel this would be improved if I spoke Spanish, it's hard trying to be veg*n when you don't speak the language). I definitely want to recreate some of the dishes for a party some time. 

Well done on the swimming, I want to get in the water this weekend, might go tomorrow.

My positive for today: going to a house party tonight. You know, the real kind with alcohol and music and the like! Which I haven't really done since my undergrad days. Excited!

#23 Old 06-22-2013, 10:36 AM

I enjoyed reading everyone's posts! It's refreshing to read positive comments about our lifestyles rather than negative.
Here's mine:
At almost 60 years young, I literally jumped out of bed at 7:30 and had me time
Made an awesome vegan breakfast.
Going to see the progress on my first time,!brand-new being-built home wink3.gif
#24 Old 06-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Impeach the gangster

Molly had 6 puppies!

#25 Old 06-22-2013, 02:00 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:

Molly had 6 puppies!

You should post pics !!!

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#26 Old 06-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Impeach the gangster

Here ya go!

Faithful Molly, protecting her pups!

Purp and 60225 like this.

#27 Old 06-22-2013, 04:29 PM

Thanks for sharing Capstan, nothing is more positive then baby animals, always puts a big smile on my face. What absolutely cutie pie puppies! 4everaspirit, thanks for requesting the pics. They made my day. And Molly looks like she is a very good mommy.Yeah puppy happiness. 

Kath, I'm not sure speaking Spanish improves the food, at least on the border its really centered around meat and lard and veggies are seen as something to be picked out if they are even present in the meal. I think if you go more toward the middle of Mexico they add more veggies in their food. When I was in Costa Rica their one of their staples was a dish called Gallo Pinto, which was beans and rice often with bits of veggie and spices. Super yummy and veggie in most places, not so much out of respect for animals as it was financial.

Hope you had great fun at the house party

Veganpride, I would love to hear more about your home. I have a friend who is having his house built and it is quite a project. He is newly retired so its keeping him busy and making the transition to retirement a little easier. 

My positives for today is that I had a friend who got me out of the house when I was struggling to just get going. Now I'm ready to work on my homework.

I also had another friend invite me to go on a nature walk under the full moon light for tomorrow night and was able to get another friend to join us, so it all works out and is something to look forward to and give me a reason to stay focused on the work I need to do before Monday. 

#28 Old 06-22-2013, 10:41 PM

Greenjay, The house is coming along wonderfully, and I love watching it come from a spot of dirt to a standing house. I still have a couple years before I retire from federal employment, So I guess I'll just keep on going. Your friend will find it a little difficult to transition however, he's going to enjoy this time that he earned wink3.gif
#29 Old 06-23-2013, 12:03 PM
Zelda Freak

It's raining, which is always good news (to me). That said, I'm actually super bummed today so my positive of the day thus far, has been reading everyone else's positives - this is a good thread for cheering you up. 

The pups are cute!

VeganPride likes this.

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:

+

* Find me:
+
+
#30 Old 06-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Veggie Regular

I've finished and survived my first ever half marathon yesterday, and only $20 short of the goal I wanted to raise for my charity. I'm still sore from the marathon, but had a great time.  

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page