+1 for science. Well done.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 Old 10-18-2013, 10:26 AM
Sheep in Wolf's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by calleyarc View Post

Positive things:

1) I have to write a research paper on a health related topic for one of my final Kinesiology classes. I decided to write about vegetarianism and how it can prevent or solve many lifestyle diseases (obesity, diabetes, ect..). I have now read about 12 very long peer reviewed studies and articles on Pub med and have begun my own paper. I feel much more confident in my ability to speak about vegetarianism and to advocate for myself and the animals. Before I would always avoid the subject and feel cornered if it was brought up. Now I feel empowered and confident. 

2) I found the veggie boards forum! It has makes a huge difference in my life to have a place I can come online to get information and ask questions. I enjoy reading stories from like minded people. 

Thank You :nigel:

^ My above post is a response for this one, sorry about that...still trying to figure out this forum's tech-mologies.

#213 Old 10-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Veggie Regular

i went to amelias discount outlet yesterday and they had a bunch of amys frozen dinners for 1.99 each and they had a bunch of kiss my face products. i bought 3 for the price of 1 at walmart. thats pretty good.

another positive, this is my weekend off :D

Aristede likes this.
#214 Old 10-18-2013, 08:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispex22 View Post

i went to amelias discount outlet yesterday and they had a bunch of amys frozen dinners for 1.99 each and they had a bunch of kiss my face products. i bought 3 for the price of 1 at walmart. thats pretty good.

another positive, this is my weekend off :D

That's a really good price for Amy's frozen dinners. My local store never has them on sale like that (if ever)! :no:

Enjoy your weekend! :)

Aristede:book: 

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#215 Old 10-18-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post

That's awesome that your cat has made it to 16!  My sister is very good with animals and her cats always live very long lives too.

I have to go look up that jam recipe now!  Looks really interesting!  I have used chia seeds to make puddings but never thought of jelly/jams.

Yes, kitty Flea is quite the cat. I might even do an autobiography like comic children's book on her. She's had quite a life! From being the only survivor in a box of kittens left alone at a grocery store parking lot to a long, & exciting life of adventure & friends from many species. :D Of course, it'd be perfect for educating as well. Children & Parents alike! 

Good luck & have fun with the jam recipe & I'll go search for a chia seed pudding recipe! That sounds delightful!!! 

Purp likes this.
#216 Old 10-23-2013, 11:22 PM
Veggie Regular

I got a workout in, and I got some great fog photos.
Werewolf Girl and River like this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#217 Old 10-24-2013, 01:36 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

North and I went for a midnight walk in the fog, while listening to a couple who lost their keys in the grass. It was hilarious.

Eventually they found them.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#218 Old 10-24-2013, 02:44 AM
Veggie Regular

It's a positive to be back to browsing VB, I forgot what a great forum it is smiley.gif
Werewolf Girl and Purp like this.
#219 Old 10-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by a Balloon a Balloon View Post

It's a positive to be back to browsing VB, I forgot what a great forum it is smiley.gif

I missed seeing your posts! Glad to see you back. grin.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#220 Old 10-24-2013, 05:55 PM
Veggie Regular

So yeah i haven't been so present those days,

i have travelled,

monday i am starting a new job, fundraising for charities.

and i am browsing businesses for sale to buy a small vegan cafe, money should be ok i just need to find a good place, i'd rather not do it than do it in a bad place and i'd rather pay the extra for a good place with tourists and traffic than what i see now whith good prices and all but not enough traffic for my taste ( traffic is king, people always say if it's good people will come, i don't care, i want a place where people come even if it's bad, and there i will make good food :-) )

Aristede and Werewolf Girl like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
https://
https://www.autistici.org/en/index.html  https://riseup.net/en

https://pay.reddit.com/r/privacy/wiki/index

#221 Old 10-24-2013, 07:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by a Balloon a Balloon View Post

Hi a Balloon!! It's good to see you again.:hi:

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#222 Old 10-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, I interviewed for a new position today (via Skype!) and the first part went very well, so now I'm onto the second part. It's a position to teach conversational English via an online interactive classroom for students in Asia. I spent many years working with students in Chicago and teaching many native-born and foreign-born students the intricacies of the English language, so hopefully it'll be the start of something great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegan cyberpunk View Post

So yeah i haven't been so present those days,

i have travelled,

monday i am starting a new job, fundraising for charities.

and i am browsing businesses for sale to buy a small vegan cafe, money should be ok i just need to find a good place, i'd rather not do it than do it in a bad place and i'd rather pay the extra for a good place with tourists and traffic than what i see now whith good prices and all but not enough traffic for my taste ( traffic is king, people always say if it's good people will come, i don't care, i want a place where people come even if it's bad, and there i will make good food :-) )

Congratulations on the new position! Fundraising is tough work; I've sat on fundraising committees before and it can be challenging. I hope you'll have a good team working with you! You said, "make good food"; do you cook too?

Aristede:book:

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#223 Old 10-30-2013, 07:04 PM

Hi Veggie Board Friends, 

Just stopping by tonight, I'm caught up on grading papers, parent phone calls and lesson plans for the first time since school started :) So tonight I am treating myself to browsing VB  after I did an hour of Zumba from youtube. Its only 9 and I'm thinking of heading to bed. So life is good tonight. :) 

Werewolf Girl likes this.
#224 Old 11-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

When I was at the grocery store today I helped an older disabled lady get a paper, and let her go ahead of me in line. She put twenty dollars on my groceries, telling me to put it for something tasty. When I tried to give it back she'd have none of it.

It was the nicest thing.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
#225 Old 11-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

When I was at the grocery store today I helped an older disabled lady get a paper, and let her go ahead of me in line. She put twenty dollars on my groceries, telling me to put it for something tasty. When I tried to give it back she'd have none of it.It was the nicest thing.
Well you treated her very sweetly, River. smiley.gif
#226 Old 11-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

When I was at the grocery store today I helped an older disabled lady get a paper, and let her go ahead of me in line. She put twenty dollars on my groceries, telling me to put it for something tasty. When I tried to give it back she'd have none of it. It was the nicest thing.

Maybe a case of "entertaining angels unawares" rather like Clarence in "It's A Wonderful Life"?

#227 Old 11-02-2013, 05:43 PM
Veggie Regular

River, that was so kind of you to help that lady.  She probably thought you were some kind of angel.  It is so rare to witness that kind of generosity anymore.

My positive bit to share.  A month ago I sent an email request to a local grocery store I frequent close to home (Super One for anyone interested).  They did  not carry tempeh and never have and I have always had to travel across town to Whole Foods Coop or up to Cub Foods to get it.  Tempeh is one of my staple foods.  I finally asked if they would be able to add it to their store. I was specific about the brand and I mentioned being able to get it at the other stores but that they are far away and this store is much more convenient for me to get to, especially when I bicycle.  I did not hear back from them, but yesterday I was perusing the produce aisle and came to the tofu area in the organic section and was surprised to see my tempeh there!  Yippeeeeee!!!  This is the second time a grocery store has granted my request for a vegan friendly food.  Progress people, progress...

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

#228 Old 11-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Veggie Regular

I got a 7 mile walk in, I got to go to church this morning, I uploaded my photos to my computer going all the way back to before Hallowe'en, I got my laundry done, and I'm back online and have electricity after the power went out yesterday about 1:00 p.m.

Off topic River, Werewolf Girl, and Jennifer C (anyone else living on the West Coast of North America who was affected by yesterday's windstorm--I hope you all are all right.

#229 Old 11-13-2013, 08:14 PM

Man, have really missed this thread--it's been a while since last visiting, and so nice to see the great things happening for everyone.

On the positive front, I've been working on an ebook to be published through my site (Eat Well. Party Hard.), and have officially secured three product sponsors (all vegan!) who are contributing prizes to those who download the book. Weeeeeeeeee!

Hope everyone's having a great week :)

#230 Old 11-14-2013, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatWellPrtyHard View Post

Man, have really missed this thread--it's been a while since last visiting, and so nice to see the great things happening for everyone.

On the positive front, I've been working on an ebook to be published through my site (Eat Well. Party Hard.), and have officially secured three product sponsors (all vegan!) who are contributing prizes to those who download the book. Weeeeeeeeee!

Hope everyone's having a great week smiley.gif

That's so great to hear! I love reading this thread too, so much good news. grin.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#231 Old 11-20-2013, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

I am ridiculously lucky!!! My whole life it has always seemed like just when things are getting bad something or someone always falls from the sky to help me, it's magical.

I've been unemployed for the past while and depressed about it because the film industry in Vancouver is so slow. I get these great contract jobs that are amazing while they last but then after a few months I'm right back where I started from and it gets a little frustrating.

So anyway, I just finished an awesome job and I was optimistic about finding something else soon but it turned out to be harder than I thought. And yet even though I've been down I've had so much incredible support from friends and family, I was starting to panic about paying December rent because my employment insurance is still processing but then out of nowhere my dad decided to be incredibly generous and help us out. He really saved our butts! My boyfriends parents helped us out too, again without even asking his dad randomly gave him some late birthday money.

And it looks like I have a shot at another great paying job in January. Even when things seem dark there's always a light at the end of the tunnel, I'm just overwhelmed with gratitude right now for all the incredible people in my life. I don't know what I did to deserve so much goodness but I'm just thanking my lucky stars and not questioning it. grin.gif
Purp likes this.

#232 Old 11-20-2013, 06:23 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

That's wonderful Natalie!!

Quote:
#233 Old 11-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

I got a 7 mile walk in, I got to go to church this morning, I uploaded my photos to my computer going all the way back to before Hallowe'en, I got my laundry done, and I'm back online and have electricity after the power went out yesterday about 1:00 p.m.

Off topic River, Werewolf Girl, and Jennifer C (anyone else living on the West Coast of North America who was affected by yesterday's windstorm--I hope you all are all right.

It was horrible the past day or two, now its sunny... yet cold. NW weather and its unpredictability is something I love.

I Did something I said I'd never do, and got married to my partner on a whim last night. We're going to wait to honeymoon until June when we had plans to go to India already in the works. Life is crazy.

Quote:
#234 Old 11-20-2013, 07:15 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

It was horrible the past day or two, now its sunny... yet cold. NW weather and its unpredictability is something I love.

I Did something I said I'd never do, and got married to my partner on a whim last night. We're going to wait to honeymoon until June when we had plans to go to India already in the works. Life is crazy.
What?!? You were just going to slip that little tidbit in at the end of your post, eh? Best wishes to you both for a long, healthy life together. smiley.gif
River likes this.
#235 Old 11-20-2013, 07:19 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

I'm happy about River's brand-new marriage! y7eqeper.jpg
#236 Old 11-20-2013, 07:21 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post

What?!? You were just going to slip that little tidbit in at the end of your post, eh? Best wishes to you both for a long, healthy life together. smiley.gif

grin.gif thanks!!

Quote:
#237 Old 11-20-2013, 08:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I got a workout in, some miles walking in, and, apparently, River was married this weekend. She has a cake from me, as well, in the Yak for Power thread.

#238 Old 11-20-2013, 08:08 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

You can never have too much cake ^.^

Quote:
#239 Old 11-20-2013, 08:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

You can never have too much cake ^.^

Nope. And if you go to the food porn from the internet thread...:shifty:

#240 Old 11-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

Saturday night we're having a massive party to celebrate, my dad's coming down from the Ham and the rest of the family from their perspective states. His ex wife and son are coming up as well as his family.

While I am ridiculously excited and just cannot contain myself, ima lil freaked out to meet his son and ex wife as well as just... colliding ou r worlds.

But being scared is fun. AAAAHHHHH

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page