The POSITIVE thread - Page 5 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#121 Old 08-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Veggie Regular

I am happy to be working even if it part-time smiley.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 Old 08-22-2013, 12:06 PM

I just got a raise! It was only about 50 cents, but that's an extra 20 dollars a week. Not bad.
#123 Old 08-22-2013, 06:57 PM

My father invited my 7 year old son to go fishing. My son was outraged: “No way! I’m not going to go our with you tokill fish! And I hope you never do, either!”
EatWellPrtyHard likes this.

Isabelle, aka La Grenouille
My blog (in French): L’herbivore — http://lherbivore.ca
#124 Old 08-22-2013, 07:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Grenouille View Post

My father invited my 7 year old son to go fishing. My son was outraged: “No way! I’m not going to go our with you tokill fish! And I hope you never do, either!”
What a smart son you have so compassionate smiley.gif
#125 Old 08-23-2013, 05:24 AM

Just made the most bangin' sweet potato and coconut curry. It's like a crazy-good cross between mashed potatoes and typical curries. Mmmmmm :)

#126 Old 08-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatWellPrtyHard View Post

Just made the most bangin' sweet potato and coconut curry. It's like a crazy-good cross between mashed potatoes and typical curries. Mmmmmm :)

Recipe, Claire?! Don't leave us hanging! wink3.gif

Aristedebook2.gif

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#127 Old 08-23-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristede View Post

Recipe, Claire?! Don't leave us hanging! wink3.gif

Aristedebook2.gif

Will get on that ASAP :D

#128 Old 08-28-2013, 07:12 PM
Veggie Regular

*passes out earplugs to everyone on VB* Put 'em in, folks. I'm really jubilant today.

One of my photos made the Fair!!dancingbanana.gif

One of my photos made the Fair!!broccoli.gif

One of my photos made the Fair!!pibo.gif

One of my photos made the Fair!!carrot.gif

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#129 Old 08-28-2013, 08:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

*passes out earplugs to everyone on VB* Put 'em in, folks. I'm really jubilant today.

One of my photos made the Fair!!dancingbanana.gif

One of my photos made the Fair!!broccoli.gif

One of my photos made the Fair!!pibo.gif

One of my photos made the Fair!!carrot.gif

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay! 

Aristedeguitarist.gif

Purp likes this.

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#130 Old 08-30-2013, 01:20 PM

I love this thread. With so much negativity out there is great yo look at our own positives.

I have been eating veggie for a week and i have lost 6lbs, don't need my sleeping tablets atm and my fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome it a little better. Happy days :-)
Purp likes this.
#131 Old 08-30-2013, 10:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniaraven View Post

I love this thread. With so much negativity out there is great yo look at our own positives.

I have been eating veggie for a week and i have lost 6lbs, don't need my sleeping tablets atm and my fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome it a little better. Happy days :-)

Congratulations. There's also a "Nice things omnivores do" thread that is always a good read. Congratulation on the diet change. Good luck.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#132 Old 08-31-2013, 04:23 AM

Thank you purp living every moment of it
#133 Old 09-04-2013, 08:28 PM

Just got back from three days of hiking through the countryside of the province I'm living in. Nothing but hills, valleys, streams for swimming and tiny villages here and there for miles. Soooo relaxing and rejuvenating :) Plus, I happened to pass a batch of tofu that one of the farmers was making, just sitting out next to the road while he fertilized the crops! Photo's over here.

PS: Congrats on making the switch, Aniaraven :) Sounds like it's been a super positive experience so far.

cherries likes this.
#134 Old 09-05-2013, 05:44 AM

Thank you eatwell it has been such a positive experience so far. There has been no negative experiences so far. I am enjoying every moment apart from having the flu
#135 Old 09-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I have 5 hours of work in, and I got in a 1 1/2 hour workout!! YAY!!

#136 Old 09-05-2013, 11:02 PM
Veggie Regular

I just attended a swanky Yelp party at the Peggy Notebart Nature museum! It was awesome. Good music, nice edible treats (many of which were veg*n), and a great party vibe! 

Aristede :beatnik:

EatWellPrtyHard likes this.

#137 Old 09-09-2013, 12:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Yesterday I celebrated my grand niece's 8th birthday, and had a great time, and today I sort of remade Chef Chloe's cookie dough truffles, and they're even better when I, uh, Purp-ized them (is Purp-ized a word)?

#138 Old 09-09-2013, 01:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

Yesterday I celebrated my grand niece's 8th birthday, and had a great time, and today I sort of remade Chef Chloe's cookie dough truffles, and they're even better when I, uh, Purp-ized them (is Purp-ized a word)?

It is now. ;)

Aristede:book:

#139 Old 09-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Veggie Regular

I finally finished the project I was working on, and swam 6 laps, took 3 miles on the stationary bike, walked almost 4 miles, and got in some good stretching and iron pumping today!!

Aristede likes this.

#140 Old 09-13-2013, 04:44 PM

Wow Purp I hope you're still feeling positive about all that today!

Today it's 16 years since I knowingly/intentionally ate meat, fish or animal parts.
Capstan, Purp, 60225 and 1 others like this.
#141 Old 09-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Kath, how wonderful, congratulations!

But where have you gotten your protein all these years?!? wink3.gifgrin.gif
Capstan and Kath like this.
#142 Old 09-13-2013, 05:21 PM

Haha thanks guys!

(Admittedly when I think about it I could be a few days out, but I'm as sure as can be that it was by the 13th - if I had a time machine I'd go back and tell mini me to write it down. Or not actually, there are so many better things I could do. I digress.)

Oh and I'll throw in another positive while I'm at it: today was the first day of my first proper academic conference. Name badge and everything. Yup, I'm growing up.

Capstan likes this.
#143 Old 09-13-2013, 05:31 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post

Kath, how wonderful, congratulations!

But where have you gotten your protein all these years?!? wink3.gifgrin.gif

:p

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#144 Old 09-14-2013, 12:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post

Wow Purp I hope you're still feeling positive about all that today!

Today it's 16 years since I knowingly/intentionally ate meat, fish or animal parts.

I am!! Nothing says, "Good day." Like a good night's sleep, and nothing says, "Good night's sleep." like a great workout.

Congratulations on your veggieversary.

Kath likes this.

#145 Old 09-14-2013, 06:43 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post

Haha thanks guys!

(Admittedly when I think about it I could be a few days out, but I'm as sure as can be that it was by the 13th - if I had a time machine I'd go back and tell mini me to write it down. Or not actually, there are so many better things I could do. I digress.)

Oh and I'll throw in another positive while I'm at it: today was the first day of my first proper academic conference. Name badge and everything. Yup, I'm growing up.

Congratulations Kath! smiley.gif on both!
Kath likes this.
#146 Old 09-14-2013, 10:47 PM
Veggie Regular

We're having beautiful fall weather in Chicago and I love it! It's my favorite season of the year, but it tends to be kinda short in Chicago. I'm hoping we get a nice long fall out of this year. Apple cider, turning leaves, brisk walks by the lake, freshly baked tarts and breads, comfort foods, and the cool air. Ah, I love it! 

HopeSprings and Kath like this.

#147 Old 09-17-2013, 07:08 AM
Beginner

I had an interview yesterday for a Christmas temp position at a local shop. I've been called back for the second part of the interview process. It's a really great store (Lush) , so if I get in on a Christmas temp, I might have a chance to get something better within the company as well.

Kath likes this.
#148 Old 09-17-2013, 07:45 AM

Got a date for our move yay! See it next Tuesday and have the keys by Wednesday at the latest. So happy and excited that it's finally here 
Kath likes this.
#149 Old 09-17-2013, 03:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faya View Post

I had an interview yesterday for a Christmas temp position at a local shop. I've been called back for the second part of the interview process. It's a really great store (Lush) , so if I get in on a Christmas temp, I might have a chance to get something better within the company as well.

Good luck on your interview! I hope you get it! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniaraven View Post

Got a date for our move yay! See it next Tuesday and have the keys by Wednesday at the latest. So happy and excited that it's finally here 

Yay! :vebo:

#150 Old 09-17-2013, 03:10 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

All the leaves are turning hot pink on my trees :-D
Aristede likes this.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page