The POSITIVE thread - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 07-24-2013, 11:28 PM
Zelda Freak

I'm just in a pretty good mood today. No hate mail at work. Everyone is chill. It's finally cooling off - I'm drinking a nice iced coffee (I know it's late, don't judge me!).

Overall a good positive day. 

Werewolf Girl likes this.

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +

* Find me:
+
+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 07-25-2013, 07:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatWellPrtyHard View Post

That's amazing! Huge congrats. Any pics from the race?

Positive news. Hmm. After months of waiting, my application for a work visa was just approved by the Chinese government. I'll soon be able to start teaching Engilsh. Woo hoo!

Thanks. No, not any good ones online, anyway....I still can't believe I did that. Oh, and congratulations on the work visa from the Chinese Government. Have a great time there.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#63 Old 07-26-2013, 10:14 PM
Veggie Regular

My positive for today was I made a pasta salad for dinner, and for the dressing I made this, then followed a recipe in this book for ranch dressing, then, well, "Purp-ized" it, for a lack of better way of wording it. I added the onion powder, mustard powder, dill (fresh), garlic (fresh), salt, black pepper, and then fresh basil, cumin, and chives. I didn't know you could improve ranch dressing. Why don't you people tell me these things??

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#64 Old 07-27-2013, 02:50 AM
Veggie Regular

I sat down with a longtime friend and reconciled a wedge that had come between us.
#65 Old 07-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Mom and Pop are visiting and I will be making penne arabiatta .... an Italian salad with baby romaine, arugula and raddichio and Annie's Tuscany salad dressing .... crusty baguette and of corse the wine vegan moscato and lets not forget dessert lemon granita , fresh fruit and espresso .... I am positively happy! Here is some of what I will be cooking with smiley.gif
#66 Old 07-28-2013, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender phase View Post

Mom and Pop are visiting and I will be making penne arabiatta .... an Italian salad with baby romaine, arugula and raddichio and Annie's Tuscany salad dressing .... crusty baguette and of corse the wine vegan moscato and lets not forget dessert lemon granita , fresh fruit and espresso .... I am positively happy! Here is some of what I will be cooking with smiley.gif

That sounds delicious! Have a good visit hungry.gif
lavender phase likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#67 Old 07-28-2013, 05:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Crushed red pepper to make the sauce angry .... that is what arabiatta means smiley.gif
#68 Old 07-28-2013, 05:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Look at all those beautiful colours .... just like the Italian flag red,white and green bellisimo! smiley.gif
#69 Old 07-28-2013, 05:44 PM
Veggie Regular

La cena e` pronta! smiley.gif
Werewolf Girl and Rinchen like this.
#70 Old 07-28-2013, 05:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Thank you Werewolf Girl! smiley.gif it was so nice to make my parents dinner and they loved it ...
I wish they lived closer but they are an hour away so they could not stay too late sad.gif I had my moms help I honestly am pretty new with cooking but she told me I did great soooo positive! smiley.gif
#71 Old 07-28-2013, 08:55 PM

Lavender your cookin looks great, glad you had a nice time with your parents

Rinchen, it is so good to resolve those issues with good friends. Congradulations on getting your old friend back to a positive place in your life. 

Perp, the improvements to ranch sound amazing, I'll have to keep it in mind next time I have some

Jennifer, hopefully hate mail isn't a regular part of your job, but it is good that you didn't get any the other day. 

My positives for today include:

meeting a new group of people through a friend of mine that are really nice and could be potential new friends. 

someone I work with, who is not really into animals, rescued a kitten and plans to foster it until we can find it a new home. When he called he actually sounded concerned and was open to my advice and following directions, which is a huge improvement over his previous view from times when I have saved animals in the past. I hope this is the beginning of him changing for the better. 

experimented with a cobbler made with strawberries, cherries, peaches and blueberries with an oat, pecan, coconut topping and it turned out better than I had ever expected. 

EatWellPrtyHard likes this.
#72 Old 07-28-2013, 09:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenjay View Post

Lavender your cookin looks great, glad you had a nice time with your parents

Rinchen, it is so good to resolve those issues with good friends. Congradulations on getting your old friend back to a positive place in your life. 

Perp, the improvements to ranch sound amazing, I'll have to keep it in mind next time I have some

Jennifer, hopefully hate mail isn't a regular part of your job, but it is good that you didn't get any the other day. 

My positives for today include:

meeting a new group of people through a friend of mine that are really nice and could be potential new friends. 

someone I work with, who is not really into animals, rescued a kitten and plans to foster it until we can find it a new home. When he called he actually sounded concerned and was open to my advice and following directions, which is a huge improvement over his previous view from times when I have saved animals in the past. I hope this is the beginning of him changing for the better. 

experimented with a cobbler made with strawberries, cherries, peaches and blueberries with an oat, pecan, coconut topping and it turned out better than I had ever expected. 

Since you're going to try my dressing, I'm going to try your cobbler.

#73 Old 07-29-2013, 07:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Thank you Greenjay! Please, Share your cobbler recipe.... I am going on a picnic for Labour day weekend and that cobbler sounds perfect to bring along! smiley.gif
#74 Old 07-29-2013, 02:24 PM

Preheat oven to 375F

Place

8 cups fresh fruit

up to 1/2 cup sugar (although I have played with this and have had success ommiting the sugar or in some cases using up to 1/4 c maple syrup, just depends on how sweet you like it and how sweet the fruits are)

in a baking dish (usually use the rectangle ones). If sweetener was added, mix to coat all fruits evenly.

in a mixing bowl add

1 cup vegetable shortening

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 1/4 cup flour (I use oat flour, which is easy to make, just put old fashioned oats in the blender, but I have also used whole wheat flour. Any flour should work, its a pretty forgiving recipe)

dry spices (I add any mix of the following depending on which fruits I've put in: cinnamon, cardamon, ginger, cloves. You can play with this to suit your tastes)

mix until shortening is cut into the sugar/flour mixture

add

1 1/4 cup old fashioned oatmeal

nuts or coconut if desired (I have made it without either, with one or with both depending on what you have around and what you like)

mix the batter together, it will be very thick and I usually just use my well washed hands at this point

sprinkle batter onto the fruit mix in the baking dish. I usually drop little clumps all over until most of it is covered, there may be gaps and it will be uneven but that is part of what makes it yummy. 

put in the oven for about 30 mins. If you have a harder fruit (ie apples or almost ripe peaches) I just turn off the oven at 30 mins but leave it in until the fruit cooks and feels tender when poked with a fork. For softer fruits I take it out at 30, or when the crust is golden brown. 

#75 Old 07-30-2013, 06:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Thank you Greenjay! smiley.gif I can't wait to bake this!
#76 Old 07-30-2013, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

That cobbler sounds SO good. drool.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#77 Old 08-02-2013, 09:27 PM
Veggie Regular

I just got my photos all ready to enter into the Puyallup Fair. pibo.gifcarrot.gifbroccoli.gifdancingbanana.gif

#78 Old 08-03-2013, 03:55 AM
Veggie Regular

I think I convinced my ex-landlady/friend/second mum to stop drinking milk today! I shared a short video on Facebook showing 25 dairy cows that had been stuck inside barns their entire lives take their first steps into their retirement/rescue - large green fields, sunshine and freedom. They jump around and play like children! Then I linked to a 'battery' dairy article and petition to Defra and it really made her think. We talked, and she is going to try out some oat and almond milks. She is still an Omni but baby steps...!

Other positives include a lovely walk with Max that completely cured my hangover, seeing a Levellers gig last night and the spicy mango sauce I have just put my tempeh in to marinade for lunch grin.gif

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#79 Old 08-03-2013, 04:43 AM

I’m not working today. Only cooking my head off. And I just love it.

Isabelle, aka La Grenouille
My blog (in French): L’herbivore — http://lherbivore.ca
#80 Old 08-03-2013, 03:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Just received a job offer in Hawaii.

Not gonna take it because i am already engaged somewhere else for a while ( waiting for my visa ),

but still, it is nice to know yourself valued and have a good offer :-)

Also, i got myself some ( more ) new books, including some pretty easy headache free reads cool3.gif

https://
https://www.autistici.org/en/index.html  https://riseup.net/en

https://pay.reddit.com/r/privacy/wiki/index

#81 Old 08-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Grenouille View Post

I’m not working today. Only cooking my head off. And I just love it.

I don't think cooking one's head is vegan.tongue3.gif

#82 Old 08-04-2013, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

I don't think cooking one's head is vegan.tongue3.gif
Reading this with my café-au-lit*, and my husband’s giving me worried looks because I’m laughing so hard, so early, on a Sunday morning!

* You read that right: CAFÉ-AU-LIT, not CAFÉ-AU-LAIT. Vegan.

Isabelle, aka La Grenouille
My blog (in French): L’herbivore — http://lherbivore.ca
#83 Old 08-04-2013, 07:49 AM
Veggie Regular

It is positively gorgeous out full blown sunshine and I am in a great mood no reason just am Lol smiley.gif I am taking my bicycle out and go for a ride through the countryside .... I am going to have some friends over this evening and moi is cooking I will post some pics smiley.gif
#84 Old 08-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Orechiette con broccoli, garlic, carrots and chopped walnuts with a red pepper flakes and sauteed in olive oil ....
#85 Old 08-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Yum! smiley.gif
#86 Old 08-05-2013, 04:36 AM
Banned

New clothes!  Bought on eBay to support Hillside Sanctuary :)

(apologies for crappy webcam pic)

Kath and lavender phase like this.
#87 Old 08-05-2013, 06:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Heading out for a job interview .... I hope they like me smiley.gif I feel positive today oh, I sure hope I'm right ....
60225 likes this.
#88 Old 08-05-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender phase View Post

Heading out for a job interview .... I hope they like me smiley.gif I feel positive today oh, I sure hope I'm right ....

They'll love you. Let us know how it went!

My positive for today: it's OVER, 12.41am woohoo. It was a suckfest. On to the next one.

#89 Old 08-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Awesome t shirt quiet vegan !

Getting my plane ticket for one country this week or the next, and from there a little later on i will fly down under as soon as i get my green light.

60225 likes this.

https://
https://www.autistici.org/en/index.html  https://riseup.net/en

https://pay.reddit.com/r/privacy/wiki/index

#90 Old 08-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegan cyberpunk View Post

Awesome t shirt quiet vegan !

Thank you :)  Only problem will be fitting my 36 inch chest into a 32 inch t-shirt .... it was the only size they were selling lol!  No worries though with a bit of customisation around the breasticle areacarrot.gif

Positive news for today:  My fresh tempeh just arrived lick.gif  Noodles and sweet chilli tempeh for my tea, om nom nom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page