Gift ideas? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Veggie Regular

It's that time of year again, and I suck at this sort of thing. I really need gift ideas for my sister and her sons (ages 11 and 13).

For the boys, I know they like silly movies, so I was thinking of getting them some comedies on DVD. They recently saw National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation for the first time and loved it, so the other Vacation movies are obvious choices there. I'm trying to come up with other ideas that would work for that, but all the movies I think of they either already have or I have and would lend them to watch, so they don't need their own copies. But I'm sure there are tons of goofy movies of that type (not rated R) that I'm not thinking of.

My sister's tougher. I have no idea what to get her right now. Any creative ideas?

--Fromper
juggle.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Since your sister is a busy mom, maybe a nice little teapot and cup with a selection of teas, or a soft sofa throw and a novel. Or slippers and some home foot spa stuff, or a gift certificate to a spa or for a pedicure.
#3 Old 12-03-2012, 03:10 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

I like to give people vegan oriented gifts.

I'd recommend Peacable Kingdom...I don't know if it has any graphic parts...I haven't seen it, but I think it's less graphic than others I could recommend.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#4 Old 12-10-2012, 06:22 AM
Beginner

For the last couple of years I've donated money to Partners In Health in my relatives name. I was definitely nervous the first time I did it, but I had a warm response from every person I did it for (only 4 people... my family is small). Try doing something like that... it would definitely give those kids something to think about/appreciate.

Also, I think my family would roll their eyes if I ever gave them something vegan-oriented. Not saying it's a bad idea, but my family is pretty narrow minded.

#5 Old 12-10-2012, 06:55 AM
Beginner

Since I don't know your sister, I'll just list a few of my most favorite gifts from the past couple of years:

Chrystal Champaign glasses, A Vitamix, some vegan cookbooks, a sushi set for 2, a pretty bamboo fruit basket, a faux-leather travel bag and warm mittens.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page