I have to give up my rabbit, need help! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-22-2012, 01:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Guys i have to give up my rabbit, the cost is too much now and i put it all on my mom and feel bad, she's even been cleaning up his enclosure because i can't, we're going to have to move somewhere half as small as this place or less and i have to face reality that there won't be room for him, especially with a new baby. Of course i want to make sure he gets a good home, with someone that knows rabbits and will make sure he's taken care of and can give him the time he needs. But he hates people, still tries to attack, and pees outside of his box. I really need help with this, i have no idea how to go about it, and think most people don't want a rabbit like this. Can you guys give me any advice?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-22-2012, 08:16 AM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Awww, sorry to hear you are in a position where finding a better home for him would be better.

I don't know exactly what you would want. You can try to put him on "PetFinder" or AdoptAPet.com and see if you can get someone who wants him.

You can also visit possibly rabbit oriented forums as since it would be devoted to rabbits, you might get more of a chance of getting a taker.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#3 Old 07-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Veggie Regular

You should find a local house rabbit society: http://www.rabbit.org/chapters/

As he doesn't like people, putting him up on PetFinder would probably not be very effective.
#4 Old 07-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator

If I had the money, time, and ability to take him, I absolutely would. Sorry :(  Do you have a photo? I can ask local people I trust.

You can try the bunny bunch, although they already have hundreds of animals who need homes.

http://www.bunnybunch.org/

#5 Old 07-23-2012, 01:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Of course lol i have a ton, thank you. I feel guilty about it but i have to face reality and i just know i can't give him what he needs.

#6 Old 07-23-2012, 10:36 AM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

Of course lol i have a ton, thank you. I feel guilty about it but i have to face reality and i just know i can't give him what he needs.

Aww, he's so darling. Wish I could take him too, but not till I have my own place. :/

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#7 Old 07-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

How old is the little guy? Is he neutered?

#8 Old 07-23-2012, 09:04 PM
Veggie Regular

He's a little over 3 i believe, if my math is correct and the original owners didn't lie, he might have been a bunny for Easter originally, i put his birthday at that at least because it's close enough. No unfortunately he isn't neutered, i was definitely stupid about expenses and expectations when i got him. More info at least from what the last owners said he seems to be part lion head rabbit, but you never know with these people, he does act like a lion i know that lol.

#9 Old 07-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

I'll pass the info over to friends. Hope he can find a great home!

#10 Old 07-24-2012, 04:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks!

#11 Old 07-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Beginner

Your best bet would probably be to find a rabbit rescue near you and see if they'll take him.
Btw, he's adorable <3 I have a bunny that looks just like him only he's a lop mix of some sort.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page