Makeup - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Veggie Regular

How many women here go without makeup completely? I don't like wearing it but I'm kind of self concious about giving it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-01-2012, 05:24 PM

I don't wear makeup. I keep some on hand incase I have to get fancy, but that almost never happens. My moisturizer has a light tint to it and that's all, makes getting ready for the day much faster.
#3 Old 05-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Veggie Regular

I've never understood makeup. I don't have anything against it or people who wear it, but I've always thought people looked better without it.
#4 Old 05-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Veggie Regular

i go without makeup many days but sometimes i like to put it on. it all depends
#5 Old 05-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Veggie Regular

me, me, me.....hehe.....not because I loathe it but due to beyond severe sensitivities and allergies....my whole beauty routine is baby wash, fragrance free baby lotion, plain aloe vera and a veggie friendly chapstick....I am Orgainic and Natural and LOVE it soooooo much

peace

LOud & PRoud Veggie-Tari-Jenn~~(KNOT)~~ Vegan and NEVER Will Be.
Be Cents-able...Use Coupons!!~~PEace, LOVe & Beautiful COLORFUL RAinbows!!
#6 Old 05-01-2012, 11:45 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't wear makeup when I'm in a rush, or if I'm only going somewhere shortly, but other than that, I usually wear makeup.

DON'T BRING MY MOTHER INTO THIS!
#7 Old 05-02-2012, 12:34 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm a man but I thought I'd throw in my 2-bits.
I very seldom think that makeup makes a woman more attractive. In fact I often think the opposite.
A small amount can be okay, but most of the women I see wearing it overdo it (especially eye shadow).

Disclaimer: My Mom very seldom wears any makeup, and I grew up when the natural look was big (hippies). So my views on makeup were formed by this, and may not be the same as the majority of other men (even though I'm right).

I am my own bad companion

#8 Old 05-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Veggie Regular

I think it's important not to become dependent on it. The only time I ever felt like I couldn't go out without it was when my face was healing from shingles, and people treated me like a leper because of the scabs and scars. Most of the time I don't bother, but, for the same reason my wardrobe doesn't consist of nothing but beige mumus, sometimes I like to put some on. I consider it an extension of my outfit. And I don't do it for men.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#9 Old 05-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I dont wear it.
I work from home so I didnt get into the habit of wearing it everyday.
I can quite happily go to the shops with bare skin.
I will wear it if Im going out with friends, or going somewhere fancy, not because I feel i need to because I like feeling fancy.
#10 Old 05-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I wear very little. Face cover powder daily. Maybe eye shadow on my days off and lip tint. That's about it. I've never been a big makeup wearer. But I think I'd at least keep the face powder if I ever gave up the rest.
#11 Old 05-03-2012, 07:23 AM

It depends, sometimes I wear makeup but I'm also perfectly confident and fine without it.

Like, someone else said, I like to think of it as an extension of my outfit or often times just another way to express myself.
#12 Old 05-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Most days, I wear very little. Powder is the only thing I always reach for in the morning, because I'm pretty self conscious about my skin. If I'm going out though, I will wear more. Eye shadows, liners, blush and what have you are pretty much in the same category that I reserve for sun dresses and strappy shoes. Fun and nice for special days, but otherwise not necessary.

"[-]But caging them, killing them, eating them was unthinkable. We were creatures of the same world."
-Animorphs, #18

#13 Old 05-04-2012, 05:49 AM
Veggie Regular

I got used to wearing make-up from about six years old because I trained as a dancer and so it was an essential requirement that I could do a professional make-up for performances in under ten minutes. By the time I was a teenager, that was a part of my identity as a person. So if I wanted to stop doing that, it would probably feel weird. But I don't feel a need to stop wearing it. My boyfriend's the arty type who likes the idea of make-up too, so it's all good.

m8itcanw8.com
#14 Old 05-04-2012, 06:45 AM
Beginner

I wear mascara. Sometimes I feel really uncomfortable going without makeup which is
why I try to make myself wear as little as possible. I tend to wear makeup places until
I feel comfortable there. If I've just started a new job for the first month or so I will
wear makeup. After that, I will get out of bed twenty minutes before I need to be
there and get dressed and brush my hair. I do not think I need make up in order to
appear attractive but I do think that just mascara and occasionally some blush in the
winter time for some colour really brings out my natural beauty. Mostly, I don't like
wearing makeup that much because I'm not always faithful about washing my face
before bed. I get really freaked out about all the chemicals and stuff being absorbed
and stored into my pores/skin which is another reason why I am mainly a mascara
girl. I would never go to a job interview without makeup, but I would never wear
eye shadow, concealer, eye liner, lip liner, lipstick, etc... to a job interview. Not to
mention make up is really expensive and I do not support an industry that regularly
puts women down on a subconscious level.
#15 Old 05-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Veggie Regular

I would never go out without makeup. Hell no.

I'm not really bothered about eyes/lips like some people are; it's really my skin, so I would go out with just foundation or a tinted moisturiser if I really had to (& I having a good skin day.)
Never ever ever out of choice though.

Misanthrope seeks misanthrope.
#16 Old 05-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Beginner

I wear it almost everyday. Mainly mineral foundation to even out my skin tone (as I've been having skin issues lately due to stress).

For work I also wear blush, mascara and eyeshadow. It makes me feel a little more presentable.

I've never been a lipstick person, so never wear the stuff.

On my days off around the house or doing the groceries I don't wear makeup though.
#17 Old 05-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Veggie Regular

i'm not self-concious without it, but my tinted moisturizer has SPF in it and it's the best thing for my skin color-wise and also as far as working with my natural oils. i also love mascara (and lash curlers) and lip products.
#18 Old 05-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Veggie Regular

note: i wear vegan products only.
#19 Old 05-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny79 View Post

note: i wear vegan products only.

We're not judging you :P
#20 Old 05-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rags. View Post

it's really my skin, so I would go out with just foundation or a tinted moisturiser if I really had to (& I having a good skin day.)

I feel like I have to wear foundation if I go out too.

Today I'm wearing foundation and mascara but usually I would wear those and eyeliner, eyeshadow and lipstick. I would wear nail varnish too if I have a night out.
#21 Old 05-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Is there anything I can do to get rid of/cover up blackheads without makeup, because that's my main problem, there aren't very many but they won't go away. I've tried nose strips and face masks and I exfoliate but nothing works.
#22 Old 05-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekka View Post

Is there anything I can do to get rid of/cover up blackheads without makeup, because that's my main problem, there aren't very many but they won't go away. I've tried nose strips and face masks and I exfoliate but nothing works.

I have a warming mask and face peel that worked for my daughter (23). She has gorgeous skin but had a few stubborn blackheads, and she used my stuff a few times and the blackheads went. It is by gratiae. It was a gift from my spendthrift sister, but there are other peels that would probably work the same and not break the bank.
#23 Old 05-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Veggie Regular

I generally wear some concealer, blush and a bit of mascara. Some days I do play around with a bit of eye shadow and maybe some liner, I really like my eyes so it's fun to play around with different ways of playing them up. Most of my lip balms are tinted but I don't really consider them to be makeup so much as yummy lip stuff.
#24 Old 05-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Veggie Regular

After washing try rinsing with warm water then vinegar (pause for a moment) then rinse again with cool or cold water.
The vinegar will help close the pores and also kill any bacteria without drying your skin out.
I've heard it also balances the PH levels but I don't know this for sure.
-It may sting a little bit at first, but if you continue to do it the stinging will go away as your skin heals.
Years ago this worked for me.

I am my own bad companion

#25 Old 05-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekka View Post

First boil a pot of water, remove it from the stove once it boils, and lean over it, with a towel draped around your head to trap the steam. Don't get too close or you might burn yourself.

Steam your face this way, after you have cleansed and exfoliated, for five minutes.

Now, wrap some tissue around the tips of your fingers, and gently stretch the skin around the blackhead by pulling away from it. Do not squeeze! Stretching should be sufficient to cause the plug of hardened and oxidized oil to pop out of the pore. If stretching doesn't work, you may be able to find a tool, that will look like a spoon with a tiny hole in it, or a wire loop, that you can press around the clogged pore. They are called blackhead extractors. Salons that do facials use these tools. If you prefer, you could get a salon to do the extracting.

Dab with a little hydrogen peroxide or tea tree oil to prevent infection. Hydrogen peroxide may also reduce the blackness of the blackhead, if you can't get it out. Soak a cotton swab with it and just dab it where you need it, because it can be drying to the skin.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#26 Old 05-11-2012, 09:08 AM

I don't wear makeup, except for the rare special occasion that I'd need to be dressed up for.
My skin looks sooooo much better since I've stopped.
#27 Old 05-11-2012, 09:40 AM
American Made, Rebel Born

sunscreen and lipstick and nailpolish.

i'm going to spend all my fortune in lipstick, damnit. i find that a shocking lipstick, be it blood red or bright yellow or blue or black certainly keeps men from staring at my tits. foundation is hard to find in anything close to my colour, but it doesn't matter because i really like my skin. i like my little beauty marks, i don't feel the need to cover them with powder. mascara i guess is nice, as is eyeliner, but i just don't care enough. what i do care about, however, is sunscreen. all the time sunscreen. on my face, in my body lotion, on my tattoos, always. minus lipstick, i've spent more money on sunscreen than any other make up product.

cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
#28 Old 05-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Lipstick

Forever searching for the perfect lipstick.

Misanthrope seeks misanthrope.
#29 Old 05-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiii View Post

We're not judging you :P

just saying, i could see it be compelling argument against use of makeup if nonhuman or nonvoluntary subjects were harmed/used, so i was saying i use only vegan stuff.
#30 Old 05-11-2012, 11:07 AM
American Made, Rebel Born

this thread is awful. today is payday, so that means tomorrow i'll be on the train to the mall, to fork over another 40$ to the chanel store for some more outrageous lipstick

cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page