How did you meet your partner? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-13-2012, 02:43 AM
Veggie Regular

Inspired by a thread on another chatboard.

My meeting was far from romantic....

I was 16 and at a New Year party. My friend and I were a bit tiddly and she was bragging about how she could have any guy at the party as she had big bo0bs which I didn't. I said something along the lines of 'bull$hit' so she bet me $50 that she could pull a selected male before I could. To keep it fair she asked a mutual friend to chose the random guy.

26 years later I think I deserve another $50

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-13-2012, 03:46 AM

My boyfriend and I met the week I moved to my current city, about 5 1/2 years ago. I transferred to the store where he was working. We weren't coworkers for very long before we each found new jobs, but I remember liking him at the time. I was 20, almost 21. He was 18, almost 19 then. We hung out once or twice casually, and then lost touch for few years. Maybe 2 1/2 years ago, he randomly struck up a conversation with me on Facebook, and we started hanging out occasionally over the course of 6-8 months or so. I was in a casual (dead-end) relationship at the time, wanting something more. Then one day we realized there was potential between us, so we decided to give a relationship a shot and see what would happen... Our two-year anniversary is this July. I love him with all my heart.
#3 Old 04-13-2012, 04:33 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

I met my husband 31 years ago in a bar lol! His friend was hitting on me; somehow S got my number and called me a couple of days later.
#4 Old 04-13-2012, 05:21 AM
Banned

tongue3.gif

#5 Old 04-13-2012, 05:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post

I met my husband 31 years ago in a bar lol! His friend was hitting on me; somehow S got my number and called me a couple of days later.

Lol, it was at quarter beer night when I met the mrs.
#6 Old 04-13-2012, 05:41 AM
Veggie Regular

I was walking on a grass area near a beautiful forest, and then I noticed movement, and there she was, just chillin' out.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#7 Old 04-13-2012, 05:46 AM

My friend introduced me to my boyfriend. My bf and I knew our mutual friend from University as all of us were studying psychology. We were friends for about 18 months before any romantic involvement though, but I think it might be one reason why we're going so strong .
#8 Old 04-13-2012, 06:47 AM

I like this thread!!! Let me share mine, Will that night I was really in pain and she came without permission! I mean that time I really don't know about her then she send me a message that night. I even bad to her and called her bad words then I don't know how I fall in love with her and right now we are in our 4th year and we are going strong! In our first year I was really romantic to her I send her letters without knowing that I am the sender hahaha I remember I did a lot things stupid just to make her smile and I never regret it.

http://allstopsnoringaids.com

#9 Old 04-13-2012, 07:23 AM
Veggie Regular

We met in a rock club and I was with my boyfriend at the time.
#10 Old 04-13-2012, 07:36 AM
Baby Love

He sent me a nice note through an online dating site. We were married a little less than a year later.
#11 Old 04-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Veggie Regular

At work. He started as an intern but I waited until he was hired full-time to make my move, cuz I'm professional like that.

Actually it was a long series of semi-flirtations, awkward sort-of dates, and mutual feelings of "this person makes me feel pants happy but I don't know if this person is made pants happy by me" before we finally made out over a recently purchased IKEA coffee table. Seven months in we still work together but it's going really well
#12 Old 04-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Gib
Veggie Regular

I knew her in junior high. Didn't see her for 30 years. Saw her at a party and married her.
#13 Old 04-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post

We met in a rock club and I was with my boyfriend at the time.

Naughty, naughty Pixie.
#14 Old 04-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Veggie Regular

We had Physics III together as undergrads.

He struck up a conversation between our recitation and lecture, we've been inseparable ever since.
#15 Old 04-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch

We met shooting zombies together over 2 years ago.

I can't abandon the person I used to be, so I carry her.
#16 Old 04-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Veggie Regular

We knew each other online first, but she lived in Montreal and me in Las Vegas. We both traveled a lot though her as an international auditor and me as... a nomad :/ When she had an audit in Las Angeles, I decided to drive there and pick her up at the airport. After her audit she took a few days off and we made our first "date," if you'd call it that, a 3 day vacation to Disneyland and Universal Studios. We hit it off and, over the next two years, made sure our schedules brought us together whenever possible.

Second date Las Vegas, third date Denver followed by a road trip to the Grand Canyon, fourth date Taiwan (Taipei and Kaohsiung)... I eventually just decided to move to Quebec, and now we have a 5 month old baby.

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." Bruce Lee.

"On a large enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club)

#17 Old 04-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Veggie Regular

We were set up on a blind date by a stripper and a degenerate gambler. We met at a bookstore on the day the Red Sox won the World Series. True story.
#18 Old 04-13-2012, 06:16 PM
American Made, Rebel Born

met on a message board where we both were moderators (he - current events & politics, me - the lounge). kept it secret from our messageboard until i had left Portland, Oregon and got to Atlanta, Georgia. safe to say everyone was totally shocked. been living together ever since.

cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
#19 Old 04-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I met my honey in grade 8 english class A friend introduced me because we were both really into art. We've been together 8 years now
#20 Old 04-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenickie View Post

met on a message board where we both were moderators (he - current events & politics, me - the lounge). kept it secret from our messageboard until i had left Portland, Oregon and got to Atlanta, Georgia. safe to say everyone was totally shocked. been living together ever since.

I've known that exact thing to happen before, but I don't think they were mods of those sections (that was three boards there instead of two, anyway) and the cities were different. Oh, and we all saw it coming too, so that also.

Jesus saved me, but the file was corrupted.
#21 Old 04-13-2012, 11:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenickie View Post

It is suprising to know what goes on behind the scenes.

I often wonder where our moderators are ?!!!!!!
#22 Old 04-14-2012, 06:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyvas View Post

It is suprising to know what goes on behind the scenes.

I often wonder where our moderators are ?!!!!!!

Well, now you know what we're doing when we're "too busy" to respond to issues on the boards
#23 Old 04-14-2012, 06:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieB View Post

Well, now you know what we're doing when we're "too busy" to respond to issues on the boards

I guess that you're all having a great time whilst we are debating very serious issues !
#24 Old 04-14-2012, 06:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Met on an online dating site, a month later we met at my house, a month after that i was pregnant, obviously this was like 3 and a half months ago lol, kinda sad i don't have me and my ex's story anymore, that was more interesting and sounded less sluttish, but oh well this ones a better person lol, now i'm currently sleeping on the couch because i can't sleep in the bed with his snoring ass and i'm annoyed as hell because of hormones, ahh romance
#25 Old 04-14-2012, 09:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyvas View Post

Naughty, naughty Pixie.

Haha. The other guy wasn't that nice anyway. I broke up with my boyfriend that night and went home with my (now) husband and then we broke up after a few months and then met up again six months later in the same rock club when I was with a different new boyfriend and I ended up ditching the guy and going home with him again. We've been together a long time though and I wasn't really serious about those other two guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieB View Post

The mind boggles....
#26 Old 04-15-2012, 12:13 AM
Veggie Regular

My roommate (now ex-roommate) who I had never met before moving in with her, brought a guy from our school over to our place that she'd facebooked a few times over the summer. They were both drunk when they came in and I was sitting in the living room watching tv. The next day when he woke up we made random small talk. Then he started coming over to visit when she wasn't there, and asking me to hangout without her. A month later he asked me out, and we've been together for 8 months now and are happily in love. Oh, I had to find a new dorm to live in, but this one is closer to his dorm room and my classes, so it worked out just fine.
#27 Old 04-15-2012, 01:07 AM
Veggie Regular

I saw an ad on Craigslist for a room for rent in a house full of vegans. A few weeks after moving in, we threw a potluck for World Vegan Day. He was invited to the potluck through the roommates, but arrived early by mistake. No one else was home yet, just me. We didn't know each other but ended up hanging out and talking anyways while we waited for others to show up. He helped me finish making my food and get set up for the party. It turns out that he actually lived in the house at one point, too, and had just moved out -- it was he who left and me who had replied to the room-for-rent ad and moved in. I had his old room in his old house, and he had no trouble making himself at home
#28 Old 04-15-2012, 04:49 AM
Veggie Regular

We met online. My ad clearly stated that I had several companion animals so I didn't want to be contacted by anyone who was allergic. He responded and mentioned he had a rescue poodle, as did I.

We didn't live together until after we got married last year. Turns out, he is mildly allergic to cats but all is well as long as they stay out of our bedroom.
#29 Old 04-15-2012, 07:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I contacted a guy on an online dating site. I was on the last day of my membership and had decided not to renew because I'd had so many bad experiences. I took a chance and sent a message. Around the same time I had gotten back in touch with a childhood friend I hadn't seen since high school (over 12 years). She had a MySpace page and I realized one of her pictures of a friend looked very familiar. That's when I realized my friend was friends with this guy I had been chatting up. I asked how she knew him, she asked how I knew him, and she is the reason I felt comfortable taking the relationship off-line. He and I are coming up on our third anniversary and have an 18 month old son together.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The very picture that sealed my fate...
Attachment 18186

LL
#30 Old 04-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Beginning of a university year. My roommate (high school friend) was interested in one of C's best friends from high school. Apparently, C saw me down the hallway, rushed to his friends room, changed into a nicer shirt and came to meet me I was smitten at first sight but was dating someone else. So, broke up with the someone else and then made my move. C's a bit shy so it was a pretty obvious move on my part

It will be 13 years in September. It's been tough at times, I didn't mean to meet a someone I was so serious about at 19. We basically did a lot of growing up together, we've outlasted almost every one of our university friends in terms of relationship length. We've now outlived several engagements, a disastrous marriage and some really interesting high school romances gone bad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page