I need a new compost bin for my kitchen - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-03-2012, 08:15 AM
Veggie Regular

I've looked at a few on amazon, but didn't really see any that I love. What do you do with your food scraps?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Put them in the outdoor compost bin.
#3 Old 03-03-2012, 09:41 AM
Veggie Regular

I often don't step into my backyard for several days, due to snow. Right now, I am using an upside down cake plate, for my compost.

I was thinking about getting this one, as it comes with bags and I thought that might be neater. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bio-Bags-C...00000007346530
#4 Old 03-03-2012, 09:55 AM
Veggie Regular

You might consider a tight locking plastic bucket to keep under your sink to store the stuff in till you get the chance to take it outside. I'd be worried about the smell of composting in my house otherwise. Be forewarned the buckets can get pretty rank if you don't empty and clean the out fairly often.
#5 Old 03-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Veggie Regular

I have a water filter under my sink, so there's no room, but I want the convenience of having the bin on my counter, anyway. I just want something nicer than an upside down cake plate. (Which actually works fine, but it's an eyesore) I've never had a problem with odor, as long as it's taken out every few days. Fruit flies appreciate it when I neglect it to take it out every day in the summer, but they don't bother me much.
#6 Old 03-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Beginner

No advice for something nicer here, I use an old plastic container that those organic salads come in. Not pretty, but reused and useful.
#7 Old 03-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Banned

deleted.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page