High End Vegan Handbags (and other things) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Has anyone else seen these?

http://www.gunasthebrand.com/

I am looking at getting one for my 30th birthday :

http://www.gunasthebrand.com/shop/gender/chopper/

Anyone heard of them or have one of the bags? They are pretty expensive and I wanted to know if anyone had one or has heard good or bad things

VeganTigress

May you be held in compassion.
May your pain and sorrow be eased.
May you be at peace.

My Blog: www.allie4animals.wix.com/veganliving
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Ankle Biter

They're gorgeous! Happy birthday! But, no, I've never heard of them until now. I can say that I have adored both Matt & Nat bags I've purchased.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#3 Old 02-16-2012, 07:11 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a Matt & Nat bag. I haven't heard of that brand, though.

"If you are lonely when you're alone, you are in bad company."
Jean-Paul Sartre
#4 Old 02-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Veggie Regular

$450 for a handbag? I can't even relate to that.

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#5 Old 02-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irizary View Post

Me either. I found myself mentally calculating how much dog food it would buy. But I just wanted to say welcome back! I was wondering where you had been.

A lot of them are made in USA. That's awesome. To me anyway.
#6 Old 02-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Thank the FSM I'm not the only one. I almost spit out my tea when I saw that. I can't fathom ever paying that much for something to put my gum, wallet and tampons in.
#7 Old 02-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Veggie Regular

And I was debating back and forth about spending $30 for my vegan wallet. But I buy lots of guitar related stuff that costs as much or more than that handbag so I guess it's about what is important to you.

Can't help you out on the brand but I can say that (so far) all of my vegan, made in the USA products have been super durable. If you like it I say go for it.

i hear in my mind all of these voices
i hear in my mind all of these words
i hear in my mind all of this music
#8 Old 02-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Lol, trust me, I had the same reaction. I've never owned a purse ( I kid you not) so hubby found these guys and thought I would like it for my 30th. I might be terrified to bring it to the vet clinic for fear of it getting damaged! LOL!

I think it's nice to see something that compares to high end purses that is vegan though

May you be at peace.

#9 Old 02-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Veggie Regular

WOW, I thought my new bag was high end. I have the Susanne Nichole "LOVE" bag, but I got it at 70% off right before the holidays. I wasn't even about to pay $95.00 for a bag.

Laura
#10 Old 02-16-2012, 11:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I don't mind paying a lot for something that I will use for years. They are lovely purses.
#11 Old 02-17-2012, 04:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTigress View Post

Lol, trust me, I had the same reaction. I've never owned a purse ( I kid you not) so hubby found these guys and thought I would like it for my 30th. I might be terrified to bring it to the vet clinic for fear of it getting damaged! LOL!

I think it's nice to see something that compares to high end purses that is vegan though

Yeah I wouldn't want it anywhere near a vet clinic. The last thing you want is a dog finding it and having an accident on it or being sick on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicioso View Post

I don't mind paying a lot for something that I will use for years. They are lovely purses.

How long do women use the same purse though? A lot of women I know buy new ones or alternate between different purses on a regular basis.
#12 Old 02-17-2012, 05:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

How long do women use the same purse though? A lot of women I know buy new ones or alternate between different purses on a regular basis.

Depends on the person. My mom has a ridiculous number of them but doesn't use half of them... though she does rotate them on occasion.

I have three at the moment - one that I use every day (which I got for free ), one that's a cheap but fancy one for special occasions (it's in storage at my parents' house), and one that's good for traveling because it's across-the-body and it's easy to hold your hand over the zipper when you're in touristy (aka pickpocket-y) areas.

I usually only change purses when I decide the one that I'm using isn't working for some reason - too big or small for what I'm regularly carrying at that point, or broken beyond repair, etc. That doesn't happen very often, maybe every couple years.

I'd personally never spend $450 on a purse (I spend on traveling instead), but if you like it Tigress, it's a really beautiful purse.
#13 Old 02-17-2012, 05:52 AM
Ankle Biter

Long before I went vegan, I was a purse snob. I worked in money management, so it was quite prevalent for the professional women in my office to have high-end bags, brief cases and shoes. I still like a nice purse. I get lots of complements on the M & N I'm carrying now, but it honestly looks like high-end leather. When I first got it, I was a little disturbed as I hadn't carried a leather-looking purse for years.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#14 Old 02-17-2012, 06:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Yeah I wouldn't want it anywhere near a vet clinic. The last thing you want is a dog finding it and having an accident on it or being sick on it.

Lol I think I would have to keep it in my desk in the office if I brought it to work, it wuld cost more than any one item that I own, lol!!!

I don't mind spending money on something that will last me a long time. I am not the type of girl who has lots of shoes or bags ( 2 pair of shoes - work ones and sneakers and no purses at all !) so this would be THEE purse.

I heard they are very durable as well. Women at my work have those gucci and louis vutton bags that are like 1200 bucks!! When I showed them this purse they thought it looked great, which is nice to see a vegan purse hold it's one fashion wise

May you be at peace.

#15 Old 02-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

Long before I went vegan, I was a purse snob. I worked in money management, so it was quite prevalent for the professional women in my office to have high-end bags, brief cases and shoes. I still like a nice purse. I get lots of complements on the M & N I'm carrying now, but it honestly looks like high-end leather. When I first got it, I was a little disturbed as I hadn't carried a leather-looking purse for years.

I looked at M & N purses too but they didn't seem as "structured" as I like. Does that make sense?

May you be at peace.

#16 Old 02-17-2012, 12:06 PM
Ankle Biter

Quote:

I looked at M & N purses too but they didn't seem as "structured" as I like. Does that make sense?

Oh yes - I was looking for something on the slouchy side.

#17 Old 02-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I am not the type of girl who has lots of shoes or bags ( 2 pair of shoes - work ones and sneakers and no purses at all !) so this would be THEE purse.

VT, what do you carry your money and ID and things in now? Do you use a backpack or something, or just carry a loose wallet?

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#18 Old 02-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Banned

deleted

#19 Old 02-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

Those are nice. Totally out of my price range, though.

I do have two Pansy Maiden handbags, and I'm saving up for a third. http://www.pansymaiden.com/
These ones are more my style, too. Vegan, sustainable, and handmade in USA.

Oh I like those.

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
#20 Old 02-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

VT, what do you carry your money and ID and things in now? Do you use a backpack or something, or just carry a loose wallet?

I just carry my bus pass and cards in my coat pocket lol! If I don't have a coat on that day I give them to hubby to carry if I am carrying my IPad then I toss them in the shoulder bag. I really don't carry anything else

May you be at peace.

#21 Old 02-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

Those are nice. Totally out of my price range, though.

I do have two Pansy Maiden handbags, and I'm saving up for a third. http://www.pansymaiden.com/
These ones are more my style, too. Vegan, sustainable, and handmade in USA.

I will have to take a peeks at those!!

May you be at peace.

#22 Old 02-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Banned

deleted
#23 Old 02-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Veggie Regular

I like Vera Bradley, which is "high end" for me but I guess doesn't really qualify as high end. LOL
#24 Old 02-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Thank the FSM I'm not the only one. I almost spit out my tea when I saw that. I can't fathom ever paying that much for something to put my gum, wallet and tampons in.

I first read that as gun!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page