Farting!! Is it good or bad? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-01-2012, 07:50 AM
Vegan Very Metal

Personally, i love to let rip, it's one of life's few pleasures that i can enjoy.

Are you repulsed when somebody cracks one? Or are you proud of being the biggest breezy pants around?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-01-2012, 08:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Yea, I enjoy it, but I try to do it away from other to be considerate.

I have developed a pretty effective silent fart for when I'm in public and can't get away.

Happiness is not the result of a mathematical equation comparing the good times and bad times someone has had. It is a state of mind.
-nomad888
#3 Old 02-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Veggie Regular

If you don't fart, you will die. My girlfriend tries to hold it in all day, but that just makes her fart more in her sleep.

As for me it depends on the company. If I'm with my girlfriend or at work, I find somewhere discrete to let it out. If I'm with only other guys I know or doing Army training or something, I try to make it as loud and obvious as possible and then laugh hysterically like an adolescent.

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." Bruce Lee.

"On a large enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club)

#4 Old 02-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Chaotic Neutral. Not my cup of tea.

"A-yup. Ya wasted yer life, son"

- Old Man
#5 Old 02-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Veggie Regular

If it's wrong, I don't wanna be right.
#6 Old 02-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Veggie Regular

iFart
#7 Old 02-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Jesus wouldn't put it in there if he didn't want you to fart. Do not question the grand design!
#8 Old 02-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Veggie Regular

I read an article the other day (in a women's magazine so it must be true!) and a doctor was stating that farting isn't a sign of bad digestive health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad888 View Post

If you don't fart, you will die. My girlfriend tries to hold it in all day, but that just makes her fart more in her sleep.

#9 Old 02-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Veggie Regular

I hate people who make intense eye contact when they fart, especially if they're naked.

I also hate people who intentionally fart on you.

I was getting really sick from trying to hold it in (not even consciously, I'm just uptight) so I understand not doing that. Just be considerate ya know, especially if it stinks.
#10 Old 02-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Also sometimes I can't fart until I'm lying down so I end up with a balloon til I go to bed, nice flat belly come morning. It smells great under that duvet of mine.
#11 Old 02-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Oryzatarian

The forms of fiber that cause farting have been found to be correlated to lower colon cancer rates.
Thus, farting lowers the financial burden on the nations medical care costs.
Thus, I should get a tax refund for farting.
I wouldnt envy the investigator that goes around confirming people arent cheating on their fart refund tho
#12 Old 02-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

I hate people who make intense eye contact when they fart, especially if they're naked.
I also hate people who intentionally fart on you.

Hate is justified in those situations I would imagine!!!
#13 Old 02-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I hold them in until I'm on my own.

Usually at home.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#14 Old 02-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Better out than in. Lol

I dont like to do it in public but at work i dont care because i work with a bunch of gross boys. I do think that if your having belly pains and you know there going tk stinkyou should either warn everyone or move away because those kind of farts linger. I know this because i used to work with a guy that took all kinds of supplements that made him have the absolute worst gas EVER!!! I mean it was like a porta potty and a sewage plant amd all kinds of gross nasty stuff all smashed together.

Also im lretty sure it was on sputh park they said if you hold it in you will spontaneously combust.
#15 Old 02-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd rather fart on someone than spontaneously combust on them. And in hindsight, I'm sure the person would have rather I'd farted on them instead, too.
#16 Old 02-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I do it all the time.

“May all sentient beings be free of pain and suffering.  May all sentient beings experience eternal joy and happiness.  gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.”
http://www.facebook.com/doktormartini
http://twitter.com/#!/MartyBaureis
http://doktormartini.tumblr.com

#17 Old 02-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Veggie Regular

My dog has the most foul smelling farts. I sleep completlely under the covers and she loves to snuggle up with me and then let em rip. It's like being in a gas chamber and she can't even tolerate the stench. She'll lift her head , sniff her stinkiness and then jump off the bed and go in the other room leaving me gasping for air.
#18 Old 02-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

My dog has the most foul smelling farts. I sleep completlely under the covers and she loves to snuggle up with me and then let em rip. It's like being in a gas chamber and she can't even tolerate the stench. She'll lift her head , sniff her stinkiness and then jump off the bed and go in the other room leaving me gasping for air.

#19 Old 02-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktormartini View Post

I do it all the time.

Fart or spontaneously combust?
#20 Old 02-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

When my two sisters and I were visiting our grandparents, all three of would sleep in one bed. My sisters would fart under the covers and then say, "Spider on the ceiling!" I would then pull the covers over my head to protect myself from the "spider."

I fart all the time. Just let it out!

~Ok, she's deranged. But so, so playful.~
#21 Old 02-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

A woman I worked with had a dog that did the same thing.
I just let 'er rip and blame the cat. Basil!! YUCK!!

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#22 Old 02-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Veggie Regular

As I clicked on this thread to read the latest post, I farted.
#23 Old 02-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spang View Post

As I clicked on this thread to read the latest post, I farted.

Basil!! YUCK!!

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#24 Old 02-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad888 View Post

That was me in the beginning of my relationship, I'm so self conscious about gas

I have calmed down about it some though. I still try to excuse myself and go to the bathroom as much as possible, I never fart in front of other people on purpose. But when you are in a long term relationship and live together it's just gonna happen sometimes, and now if it does I don't dive into a blackhole of shame anymore.

I really shouldn't care anyway, boyfriend farts more than I do both when he's awake and in his sleep

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#25 Old 02-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Banned

I had a colleague who held his farts back out of politeness. In the long run, he had to get his butt lanced and his insurance didn't pay for it.
#26 Old 02-02-2012, 12:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Flatulence is a normal part of the body's functions however it is not an accepted thing to do in public.

A bathroom would be the ideal place and certainly not in the presence of another person. Why need an audience ?

Having said this I have a female cousin who does this in company and I feel very uncomfortable when she breaks wind.
#27 Old 02-02-2012, 12:51 AM
Veggie Regular

I am fairly neutral about farting.

In general I think you should try not to fart around other people. It isn't pleasent, and most of the time you can just hold it in or go for a wander/to the toilet. Occasionally maybe you fail at such protocall (everyone's had a laugh fart right?) so just have the grace to look embarrased and move on I find people who find it either HORRIFIC or HILLARIOUS to be really annoying though, I mean, come on it happens.

However I REALLY don't understand people who wont fart infront of long term partners/imediate family. There is no way I'm gonna be holding it in all day, everyday. Especially when I'm trying to relax/etc. It happens, we have a breif s******, and forget about it.

The only other farting rule I can think of is: Not during sex, ever.
#28 Old 02-02-2012, 12:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post

Yea, I enjoy it, but I try to do it away from other to be considerate.

I have developed a pretty effective silent fart for when I'm in public and can't get away.

When the Bean Counter hits zero, run for cover!
#29 Old 02-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Vegan Very Metal

Anybody like to let rip whilst you are walking up some stairs? You can sometimes play a better tune that way.
#30 Old 02-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Veggie Regular

We are a gassy family. MrSchu has IBS and is sometimes so foul that the dogs leave the room and blame their farts on him. We are polite in public and in front of people, but generally let them out. My 11 year old girl is proud of the fact that she can keep up with her brother.

The opposite of war isn't peace. It's creation!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page