Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 01-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Banned

Mine is hexagonal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 01-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Love is in the air in this thread I'm thinking of more of a round cut, preferably white gold. I also love the small diamonds around the band. And definitely not going into debt over it. We've been very smart financially, the only thing we've ever bought on a plan was our computer. We plan on paying for the ring straight up, having donations to charity as wedding presents, if we get any(We've already lived together for years so don't need any appliances or the regular junk) and I want to elope barefoot on a sandy beach for a destination wedding Just him, me, and our son.
#33 Old 01-16-2012, 10:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthling View Post

Mine is hexagonal

lol
#34 Old 01-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

Square! Square! Square!! Or Emerald cut. I do not like round or oval. Of course, it will be your ring so it doesn't really matter what I think.

I used to only like round, then I started eyeing the Princess cut. I like them both, don't know which I like best. My old promise ring was emerald cut (tiny):

#35 Old 01-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Veggie Regular

We just replaced ours last month, but I am trying to remember what these are I'll come back whenever we can but, word of mouth make sure they are not fashion Jewerly because we thought we had a good deal last month in my parents area and when my parents was questioning our big buy to see if its a real diamond, we went back and was told we only paid for gold, plus the engagement ring was loose and we went to another ring place and a major Jeweliers, what will make this tricky is that we have to have them look at my ring a few times a year or once a year to keep under warrienity so we have to make a quick trip up there in the summer to have them look.
But back to the first set we got , we have gotten those too but, we are disappointed we got took.
#36 Old 01-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I used to only like round, then I started eyeing the Princess cut. I like them both, don't know which I like best. My old promise ring was emerald cut (tiny):

What in god's name is a promise ring?
#37 Old 01-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Veggie Regular

My boyfriend and I have also been talking about getting married lately. We've gone out looking at rings once or twice so far, but I feel very indecisive. I'm a little torn between something simple, casual, and practical and something that I guess you could say 'speaks to my inner princess'. I've been looking around at different jewelry sites, I'm trying to stay with companies that are in both Canada and the U.S, since we both go back and forth so regularly.

I've found a few that I think I like, the ones that have a mixture of colors on them really appeal to me. I think out of these, the last one (with the leaves on it) is my favorite.
http://www.zales.com/product/index.j...12268314&kpc=1

http://www.zales.com/product/index.j...=3864024&kpc=1

http://www.zales.com/product/index.j...12450649&kpc=1

Edit:

Quote:

It's a ring given before engagement to symbolize commitment. My boyfriend and I gave each other promise rings when we first started dating and I was still a teenager. They used to be somewhat common, but they've kind of fallen out of use over the years.

"[-]But caging them, killing them, eating them was unthinkable. We were creatures of the same world."
-Animorphs, #18

#38 Old 01-17-2012, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post

Pre-engagement ring. Good for young couples who aren't ready to take the full leap into engagement. Skipping that s*** this time, going right for the big rock
#39 Old 01-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

This morning, boyfriend grabbed my hands (completely unprompted) and said "I know exactly how I'm going to propose to you." We're not getting engaged anytime soon, but that's cute that he's thinking about it.
#40 Old 01-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

This morning, boyfriend grabbed my hands (completely unprompted) and said "I know exactly how I'm going to propose to you." We're not getting engaged anytime soon, but that's cute that he's thinking about it.

D'aww that sounds really cute.

"[-]But caging them, killing them, eating them was unthinkable. We were creatures of the same world."
-Animorphs, #18

#41 Old 01-17-2012, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Bird View Post

D'aww that sounds really cute.

He's a keeper
#42 Old 01-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Veggie Regular

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/01...n_1210944.html

Only a few days for your partner to bid on this beauty. Only a bit over a million dollars.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#43 Old 01-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/01...n_1210944.html

Only a few days for your partner to bid on this beauty. Only a bit over a million dollars.

Oh yes! I saw that on the news today. Talk about impressive!

-Animorphs, #18

#44 Old 01-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Banned

I thought a promise ring was a symbol that you'll remain pure until marriage?
#45 Old 01-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

I thought a promise ring was a symbol that you'll remain pure until marriage?

If given by a parent it's waiting till marriage to have sex, if given by a partner it's often saying "I will marry you, one day".

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#46 Old 01-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

If given by a parent it's waiting till marriage to have sex,

Wow. I didn't know that it had that meaning.
#47 Old 01-18-2012, 04:32 PM
Veggie Regular

I saw that emerald on our local news, it's here in Calgary!
#48 Old 01-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post

Wow. I didn't know that it had that meaning.

I believe it's common in some Christian denominations

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
#49 Old 01-18-2012, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

If given by a parent it's waiting till marriage to have sex, if given by a partner it's often saying "I will marry you, one day".

I bought a promise ring for purity when I was a Christian. A month after the ring became too big to wear (I lost weight), I lost my virginity
#50 Old 01-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:

I bought a promise ring for purity when I was a Christian. A month after the ring became too big to wear (I lost weight), I lost my virginity

Quote:
#51 Old 01-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

He's a keeper

Agreed. He sounds sweet.

Promise rings (at least here) seem to be used for teens/very early 20s adults who are in serious relationships. At 25, I wouldn't expect a promise ring at all, I'd rather them wait to give me the real thing.. seems kind of silly.
#52 Old 01-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowduckie21 View Post

Promise rings (at least here) seem to be used for teens/very early 20s adults who are in serious relationships. At 25, I wouldn't expect a promise ring at all, I'd rather them wait to give me the real thing.. seems kind of silly.

Yep, same here. I was 19 or 20 at the time. Not silly at all, I'm 25 now and will happily wait for the proposal. My eggs aren't getting any younger!
#53 Old 01-19-2012, 04:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Quote:

I believe it's common in some Christian denominations

I find it totally creepy and ridiculous. It's like a modern day chastity belt.

Quote:

I'm not a fan of jewelry or anything shiny that will draw attention. When I was engaged I made my fiancee buy my ring from Walmart. I would've been fine with a ring from a bubble gum machine or a box of cracker jax (if they still used rings as prizes).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page