Job interview help - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-08-2011, 03:35 AM
Veggie Regular

I have been on quite a few interviews these past few months all resulting in the same thing, we will get in touch with you if we decide to go with you, then nothing. I am so frustrated. I normally would have a job at this point with how many I so have had both phone and in person. I know there is quite a few applicants after the same position but it is still frustrating. I get so nervous and can not come up with the answers to the interview questions. Are there general answers I should memorize? How should I not show my desperation for a job? Any other tips. Please.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-08-2011, 07:09 AM
Ankle Biter

SB - have you tried googling on "interview skills" or "guestions usually asked during interviews"? Do you have an employment commission near you that might offer workshops or have hand-outs on interview skills? Do you have references from the last places you worked? I'm sorry you are having problems. I'm sure you're just in a bad cycle of self-doubt and frustration. I know you have a great sense of humor and are very dedicated, so when someone does hire you, s/he will be very lucky to get someone with your work ethic.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#3 Old 10-08-2011, 08:00 AM

I have an acquaintance here in the UK who is having this problem. She's fantastic at her job, she's just a sucky interviewee. I'm sorry you're struggling.

Definitely try Googling as suggested, and yes plan some answers in advance. Many interviewers will ask things like:

"What is one of your greatest strengths, and how do you see that helping you in your position here at XYZ company?"
or conversely,
"Tell me about one of your weaknesses and how you work to overcome this."

"Why do you want this job?" "What (professional) plans do you have for yourself in the future?" "How do you handle conflict with coworkers?" = all common. I'm sure there are some routine questions specific to hairdressing too, but I'm not sure what they would be. Maybe something about rude customers or what you do when someone doesn't know what they want in the way of styling, etc.

You can do it!

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page