Starting college and am a little scared... - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 08-25-2011, 05:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa View Post

Good for you. Staying focused and studying is the key. I only have a lowly associates degree in nursing. Though it provides a decent income. I do remember though horror stories of how much paper work would be thrown at you the first day of nursing school. "you'll be overwhelmed. blah blah blah" I found it to be easy. Stressful at times but easy. I was also 30, so I studied a lot. I would take one hour a day to watch TV and let my mind veg, but that was it.

education is a life long process. i wouldn't look at that like it was lowly. i'd say it was more of a foundation to work from. good for you that you've done it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 08-26-2011, 01:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

That's not "lowly" at all. There is a lot of tough coursework and many long hours of practicum that go into earning that degree.

Thank you and also papayamon. I guess considering my background, I didn't do too bad.

papayamon, I thought of going for my BSN the first few years out of nursing school, but at 51 I'm looking to get out of nursing in the next upcoming years.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page