Change of heart (Nazi pop stars reform) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-18-2011, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/07...azi-twins-1-6/

Quote:
Lamb and Lynx Gaede, the dimpled tween rockers whose Nazi-themed pop band, Prussian Blue, sparked an exuberant media firestorm several years back have grown up and had a change of heart.

Im not a white nationalist anymore, Lamb told The Daily in an exclusive interview, the twins first in five years. My sister and I are pretty liberal now.

Personally, I love diversity, Lynx seconded. Im stoked that we have so many different cultures. I think its amazing and it makes me proud of humanity every day that we have so many different places and people.

Now 19, they both still speak in a disarmingly girlish singsong. Their message, however, was not always so sweet. In 2006, the sisters, who formed the band at the suggestion of White Nationalist leader William Pierce, drew international notoriety with songs like Hate for Hate: Lamb Near the Lane, a dreamy folksong cowritten by Lamb and the late David Lane, a member of the violent terrorist splinter cell The Order, who was then serving 190 years in prison for his involvement in the murder of Jewish talk show host Alan Berg in 1984 (he and Lamb were pen pals).

I remember hearing about them years ago. Considering how they grew up I think you have to cut them some slack.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-18-2011, 10:43 PM
Veggie Regular

I've never heard of them. Their story sounds like a great idea for a movie (or book), though.
#3 Old 07-18-2011, 11:05 PM
Veggie Regular

brainwashing at hand?

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#4 Old 07-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Glad they saw the light because that crap was ugly.

auto correct can kiss my ask
#5 Old 07-18-2011, 11:18 PM
Ira
Banned

that is great, i always thought that they are doomed because they had such an upbringing
#6 Old 07-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
“Personally, I love diversity,” Lynx seconded. “I’m stoked that we have so many different cultures. I think it’s amazing and it makes me proud of humanity every day that we have so many different places and people.”

I have not heard that many stereotypical comments since I saw a pro-white propaganda.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#7 Old 07-18-2011, 11:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

I have not heard that many stereotypical comments since I saw a pro-white propaganda.

How about the last quote from them:

Quote:
“We just want to come from a place of love and light,” Lamb said. “I think we’re meant to do something more — we’re healers. We just want to exert the most love and positivity we can.”

That medical marijuana is working wonders

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#8 Old 07-18-2011, 11:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Quote:
“We just want to come from a place of love and light,” Lamb said. “I think we’re meant to do something more — we’re healers. We just want to exert the most love and positivity we can.”

Quote:
who was then serving 190 years in prison for his involvement in the murder of Jewish talk show host Alan Berg in 1984 (he and Lamb were pen pals)

Overkill much?

#9 Old 07-18-2011, 11:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm glad they had a change of heart. Who'd want to go around being a human toxic waste site with all that hate in them?

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#10 Old 07-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Veggie Regular

A German comic I quite liked had to change its title because of these girls - didn't want to be published with the same name. Meh, I was miffed.

▬|████|▬
This is a Nudelholz!
Take it und hau it on
the Kopp of a bekloppt Person
to give a better Gefühl!!
#11 Old 07-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Veggie Regular

I think they're faking it.

"A-yup. Ya wasted yer life, son"

- Old Man
#12 Old 07-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Overkill much?

what's overkill?

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#13 Old 07-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irizary View Post

what's overkill?

Too.

Much.

#14 Old 07-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Too.

Much.

Um, yeah, no idea what you were referring to when you wrote "overkill." But if you don't want people to understand what you're saying, carry on...

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#15 Old 07-19-2011, 12:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Um, yeah, no idea what you were referring to when you wrote "overkill." But if you don't want people to understand what you're saying, carry on...

I'd say that 80% of the people on VB would know what I'm talking about, so you're in minority.

#16 Old 07-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm not sure about that.

I'm also not sure that people know that you started out on VB with a swastika in your avatar.

But hey, I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt by asking what you were on about.

Edit: let me be more clear. I think you have a lack of sensitivity and maybe a certain bias. But I wanted to check out what you meant before assuming anything, so that's why I asked.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#17 Old 07-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

But hey, I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt by asking what you were on about.

Was?

I answered the question, didn't I?

Quote:

I'm not sure about that.

I'm also not sure that people know that you started out on VB with a swastika in your avatar.

Well, I'm not a nazi, I just thought that the picture was pretty slick.

#18 Old 07-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I answered the question, didn't I?

I still don't get it, but o.k., if 80% of people do, more power to them

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#19 Old 07-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I still don't get it, but o.k., if 80% of people do, more power to them

Ah, if you didn't get the explanation, then you should've just said so.

Overkill refers to the concept when something is used or applied in unnecessary amount for what the situation needs. Its origins can be tracked from the two words linked together "over" and "kill", meaning that a "kill" has been done with force "over" that which is required. For example, if one would play the game "Counter-Strike" in which one simulates the shooting of people, you would soon discover that a bullet to the head is always one hit- one kill. There fore, if one would fire several bullets into the head, that would be more that is needed to "kill" the other player, and would thusly be considered an "overkill".

That is not to be said that it's only possible to apply in war-like situations, but whenever one uses "too" much of what that is required to reach the goal, it would be an "overkill".

#20 Old 07-19-2011, 12:55 PM
Veggie Regular

O.k., then in the absence of providing an explanation, I'll just assume it had to do with the sentencing in the Berg trial, since after you quoted that you wrote "overkill." That's what I might figure from someone who presents themselves with a swastika (on several occasions).

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#21 Old 07-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Edit: let me be more clear. I think you have a lack of sensitivity and maybe a certain bias. But I wanted to check out what you meant before assuming anything, so that's why I asked.

Indeed I have a lack of sensitivity.

I blame it on my naivety and outer personality shell.

#22 Old 07-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

O.k., then in the absence of providing an explanation, I'll just assume it had to do with the sentencing in the Berg trial, since after you quoted that you wrote "overkill." That's what I might figure from someone who presents themselves with a swastika (on several occasions).

Would not 190 year in prison present itself as quite much to you?

#23 Old 07-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Would not 190 year in prison present itself as quite much to you?

the sentencing system is complicated, but one of the reasons why there might be an exceptionally long prison sentence is that prisoners may get time off for good behavior. A very long sentence will ensure a full life in prison. If someone is given 10 years, for example, they might only serve 5 of those.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#24 Old 07-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

the sentencing system is complicated, but one of the reasons why there might be an exceptionally long prison sentence is that prisoners may get time off for good behavior. A very long sentence will ensure a full life in prison. If someone is given 10 years, for example, they might only serve 5 of those.

Indeed, but wouldn't it be possible to add to the sentence a clausal in which you state that the criminal can't be released due to good behavior?

Oh, when I check on wikipedia, he wasn't just sentenced for murder, although the charges against him were pretty weird.

Quote:
For his role in The Order's crimes, Lane was sentenced to consecutive sentences totaling 190 years, including 20 years for racketeering, 20 years for conspiracy, both under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO), and 150 years for violating the civil rights of Alan Berg, a Jewish radio talk show host, who was murdered on June 18, 1984.[9]

Well, whatever, and as they say in GI JOE....

Now I know. And knowing is half the battle.

#25 Old 07-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Did anyone watch that documentary about them a few years back? Their mother scares me.

Edit: Found it on youtube, if anyone's interested.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#26 Old 07-19-2011, 02:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

So they went from being one type of garbage to another?

Stupid frigging hippies and their "spiritual" awakenings...it's almost as bad as the racism was.

Tam! RUGH!
#27 Old 07-19-2011, 02:19 PM
Ira
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeryFairy View Post

Did anyone watch that documentary about them a few years back? Their mother scares me.

Edit: Found it on youtube, if anyone's interested.

whats the name of it?
#28 Old 07-19-2011, 02:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira View Post

whats the name of it?

First part here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR76l9mWVow

The first part is quite out of sync, but the rest appear fine. The other parts are easy to find.

WARNING: I'm re-watching it now, and in part two, there is a family branding session, in which you see them brand swastikas onto their cows. It may be pretty distressing to some people; I say this because it upset me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#29 Old 07-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Ira
Banned

Cool, thanks! i will watch it toonight. i recently watched the one on westboro baptist chursch, so i am on the right topic, lol
#30 Old 07-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

Stupid frigging hippies and their "spiritual" awakenings...it's almost as bad as the racism was.

Slightly dippy stoners are almost as bad as raging white supremacists?

don't take my life away, don't take my life away.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page