Last Thing You Bought? - Part 2 - Page 26 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#751 Old 05-31-2012, 09:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I went back to Target today to pick up the Synthroid prescription I couldn't get on Friday. While I was there I also bought:

a new watch, $15. I haven't worn a wristwatch in years, and finally decided it was time to wear one again.
1 3-pack of socks
1 nightgown: this time I found the lavender one in size medium that I couldn't find on Friday
the current issue of People magazine and I had a Target POS coupon from Friday
1 large container of Archer Farms trail mix on clearance which is for my munchies (and to share) at work
1 package Oreo cookies
2 1-liter bottles of Arrowhead drinking water
1 small jar of Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
1 package multigrain Oroweat sandwich bread and it was on sale
1 Light and Lean Amy's frozen spaghetti and vegan meatballs which I already ate
1 12-pack of Diet Dr. Pepper and it was on sale
1 multipack of Zone Perfect protein bars, chocolate peanut butter
1 Hefty 6 quart plastic storage box to use as a breadbox since my freezer still isn't working
1 box Up (Target brand) plastic wrap
1 package Up small paper plates
30 cans Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys cat food, and I used a Target POS coupon from last Friday on 12 and manufacturer's coupon for the other 18 that I pulled off one of the cans. (I also pulled several more coupons from some of the other cans, to use later)

with discounts, sales, and coupons, including 5% for using my Target card, total savings: $10.05
total damage: $112.69

I think I left my brain behind somewhere on the San Diego Freeway. brood.gif I had a Target list with me, and forgot to grab it when I parked and got out of the car. I could have gone back to get it, but didn't. I have no idea if I got everything on my list. While I was inside, I accidentally dropped my coupon organizer into my shopping cart. It was open, and everything fell out. Now all my coupons are a disorganized mess. Oh, well, I plan to clip coupons and reorganize them on Sunday anyway. thinking.gif

*this space not for sale*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#752 Old 06-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Vegan Very Metal

Today i bought:

1.5kg dates
500g pack of TVP
5 bags of apples
2 cucumbers
1kg carrots
1 wholemeal sliced loaf
£5 top-up for my iPhone

How thoroughly interesting, hope you enjoyed reading, or perhaps you lost the will to live whilst perusing this thread?
#753 Old 06-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Veggie Regular

I went to Fantastic Sams today after work to pretty myself up a bit. I got a color treatment (and just in time; my hair was about 4 different colors - and not intentionally - when I walked in) and a haircut. I also bought shampoo, conditioner and styling product there. Total bill was about $117 which included a $15 tip for the stylist. She deserved it. grin.gif

Then I stopped into CVS Pharmacy and bought:

1 box frozen Lean Cuisine cheese ravioli, on sale, which I ate when I got home. Not the greatest frozen meal I've ever had, but not as bad as others I've tried. I'd eat it in an emergency, but it wouldn't be my first pick, either.
1 Oral-B toothbrush and I used an Extracare $1 off coupon
1 bag pumpkin seeds
1 Cottonelle moist wipes refill package which I plan to take to work with me (I've been looking for a smaller travel/trial size, with no luck). You'd understand why if you worked at the hospital where I work. Maybe because it's a county hospital and they have to stick to a budget, but they supply the restrooms with the cheapest, crappiest toilet paper on the planet. Ouch. brood.gif At least it was discounted to 1.99 for Extra Care card users.

#754 Old 06-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Mc Donalds (I know...I know)

20 FREEBIE MC Cafe 12oz Cherry Berry Chillers (coupons from local sunday papers a few weeks back)....and 20 garden salads.....I/we gave all these goodies to my/our friends that I was volunteering with and the amazing seniors I had a pleasure of hosting at senior day and espically at senior bingo....I want to thank all my freebie friends esp M.J...(hey dude..lol..sorry about the spills in your car..hehe)... for saving these coupons and going with me to get and distibute them you guys rock sooo much!!

I havent had alot of time to shop lately.......I know, I know.....I am shocked too....LOL....I am hoping to catch up on my shopping this week...

peace, love and hippie couponing:)

LOud & PRoud Veggie-Tari-Jenn~~(KNOT)~~ Vegan and NEVER Will Be.
Be Cents-able...Use Coupons!!~~PEace, LOVe & Beautiful COLORFUL RAinbows!!
#755 Old 06-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Bought a new larger crate for my dog.  $104.95 ouch!

I use a crate when I'm traveling to provide a familiar place for my dog to sleep (though she usually sleeps with me on the motel bed) and a warmer place to stay in the car when I have to leave her. I also use it to give her time outs, and she uses it as her safe/comfort place (den).

The crate she was using got too small, and I got tired of watching her try to cram herself in it.

-I originally purchased that crate from Goodwill and used it to transport some of my chickens - when I had chickens. Then I used it when I got my new pup from the pound, and as her den in the living room.

I have a cage that is even larger (originally purchased for traveling with my old dog) but it's tough to load in the car, takes up too much room, and she currently uses it to sleep in in my room (when she's not in or under my bed).

I am my own bad companion

#756 Old 06-04-2012, 05:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Heart Corey Haim!! View Post

Mc Donalds (I know...I know)

20 FREEBIE MC Cafe 12oz Cherry Berry Chillers (coupons from local sunday papers a few weeks back)....and 20 garden salads.....I/we gave all these goodies to my/our friends that I was volunteering with and the amazing seniors I had a pleasure of hosting at senior day and espically at senior bingo....I want to thank all my freebie friends esp M.J...(hey dude..lol..sorry about the spills in your car..hehe)... for saving these coupons and going with me to get and distibute them you guys rock sooo much!!

I havent had alot of time to shop lately.......I know, I know.....I am shocked too....LOL....I am hoping to catch up on my shopping this week...

peace, love and hippie couponing:)

Jenn thumbsup.gif I think you're great for donating that stuff. I have two McD's coupons for the chillers, since they haven't expired yet I still have them but I haven't been inside a McD's in over 30 years and I'm hesitant to break my record. tongue3.gif

And whenever you post that you haven't gone shopping lately I know it's a matter of time before you come back and post that you've bought some awesome stuff with a lot of coupons and found some awesome bargains (and you'll be donating more stuff). There were no coupon inserts in the Sunday before Memorial Day newspaper but there were more than the usual coupon inserts in yesterdays paper so I know it's coming. tongue3.gif

#757 Old 09-19-2013, 07:52 PM
Impeach the gangster

Here's a thread we haven't seen for a while.

Today I bought:

• Some minced garlic
  • Two ears of corn
  • Rice Chex
  • Fritos
  • Applesauce (for making dog-biscuits)
  • Marinara sauce
  • Fresh raspberries
  • And an electronic fan switch for my furnace (Winter will be here soon, and I had to pay an electrician to install it.)

What have you bought recently?

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#758 Old 09-19-2013, 09:18 PM
Veggie Regular

I bought some pea shoots at a market in Chinatown and a moon cake from a Chinese bakery to celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival (Moon Festival)! 

Aristede:book: 

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page