'The creepiest mother-son relationship on youtube' - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#31 Old 05-22-2011, 11:16 PM
Contributing Member
 
whisper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,938
That first video of him laying in bed with her was making my skin crawl...and then stupidly I clicked on the holiday one of her striping, thinking it couldn't possibly get worse. How in the world did she get her kid back? That is one sick lady.

‎"One meal, soon forgotten, in exchange for a whole life." Author Unknown
"Fur is worn by beautiful animals and ugly people"
 

whisper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#32 Old 05-22-2011, 11:30 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Phoenix Days's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post

That first video of him laying in bed with her was making my skin crawl...and then stupidly I clicked on the holiday one of her striping, thinking it couldn't possibly get worse. How in the world did she get her kid back? That is one sick lady.

I don't know, but it looks like she should just get her kid taken away for good.

DON'T BRING MY MOTHER INTO THIS!
Phoenix Days is offline  
#33 Old 05-23-2011, 12:25 AM
Veggie Regular
 
exiled_expatriate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 726
....
exiled_expatriate is offline  
#34 Old 05-23-2011, 12:33 AM
Newbie
 
death_2_egg-farms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 47
she seems like a frigging loon! she should be put away!!!!
death_2_egg-farms is offline  
#35 Old 05-23-2011, 02:25 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Josh James xVx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiled_expatriate View Post

Yeah, that's her. For all we know, she's a member of veggieboards.



There seems to be a high percentage of basket cases and "damaged people" in the veg*n community at large, actually. Some of the people I've met and promptly unmet whom I'd be least likely to want to invite into my home or around innocent children and animals are fellow veg*ns, because I frankly find a lot of them to be severely disturbed individuals.

Nothing personal. This particular forum is actually one of the more well balanced, and there's lots of nice people here in particular, but...out there...in the void, there are sickos, and a lot of them are veg*n.

Tam! RUGH!
Josh James xVx is offline  
#36 Old 05-23-2011, 04:11 AM
Veggie Regular
 
fadeaway1289's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by zingypeppers View Post

It seems really fake. I think he's a young looking actor who's about 19 and that it's all a weird joke.

There is no way that kid is an actor. That look in his eyes is just too real.
fadeaway1289 is offline  
#37 Old 05-23-2011, 05:47 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Irizary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

There seems to be a high percentage of basket cases and "damaged people" in the veg*n community at large, actually.

That's not my experience, although I think any counter culture movement will probably attract some people who are kind of on the edge anyway. But I think it's significant that she's a raw food person. That's a fringe diet even among veg*ns that attracts people who are more into extremes.

I think there are a lot of "damaged people" in general.

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

 

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

Irizary is offline  
#38 Old 05-23-2011, 06:44 AM
mlp
Banned
 
mlp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irizary View Post

I think there are a lot of "damaged people" in general.

Sadly yes, and so many go on to damage their children in turn.
mlp is offline  
#39 Old 05-23-2011, 08:11 AM
Veggie Regular
 
ElaineV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp View Post

She seems to be a terrible narcissist, at the very least. This poor kid is going to be terribly screwed up.

Jeez, I really, really wish people had to pass mental health screenings and other tests before they could become parents.

I didn't watch any of the videos so I don't really know what's happening in them. But I have to say that restricting parenthood to a small group of people deemed sufficiently mentally stable would not solve a lot of the problems because plenty of people go crazy after the kids are born.
ElaineV is offline  
#40 Old 05-23-2011, 09:26 AM
mlp
Banned
 
mlp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineV View Post

I didn't watch any of the videos so I don't really know what's happening in them. But I have to say that restricting parenthood to a small group of people deemed sufficiently mentally stable would not solve a lot of the problems because plenty of people go crazy after the kids are born.

Even assuming that people continue to develop mental/emotional problems at the same rates throughout all life stages (which is not true - most problems have manifested themselves by the mid-twenties, if not before), it would greatly reduce the number of children being born to/raised by mentally unstable people. Do the math.

Of course, it's never going to happen anyway. It's a pipe dream on my part.
mlp is offline  
#41 Old 05-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Digger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,897
I wish my mother had been that normal.
Digger is offline  
#42 Old 05-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Veggie Regular
 
ElaineV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp View Post

Even assuming that people continue to develop mental/emotional problems at the same rates throughout all life stages (which is not true - most problems have manifested themselves by the mid-twenties, if not before), it would greatly reduce the number of children being born to/raised by mentally unstable people. Do the math.

Of course, it's never going to happen anyway. It's a pipe dream on my part.

I know.
I also know that if there were a test people had to pass in order to become biological parents that test would not always be fair.
And I also know that parental mental health is not the strongest predictor of child wellbeing. Child abuse and neglect are not necessarily the result of mental instability. Usually it's more circumstantial: families dealing with high stress and low stability:

- "Compared to children with employed parents, those with no parent in the labor force had 2 to 3 times the rate of maltreatment overall, about 2 times the rate of abuse, and 3 or more times the rate of neglect."
- "Children in low socioeconomic status households had significantly higher rates of maltreatment in all categories and across both definitional standards. They experienced some type of maltreatment at more than 5 times the rate of other children; they were more than 3 times as likely to be abused and about 7 times as likely to be neglected."
- "Compared to children living with married biological parents, those whose single parent had a live-in partner had more than 8 times the rate of maltreatment overall, over 10 times the rate of abuse, and nearly 8 times the rate of neglect."
- "incidence rates were highest for children in the largest families (those with 4 or more children), intermediate for only children and those in households with 3 children, and lowest for children in families with two children."

Overall, the strongest predictors of child abuse and neglect are stressful living situations - raising children on limited income with little support.

When mental health plays a role, it's less likely to be a involved in abuse and neglect than substance abuse:
"Perpetrators alcohol use and drug use were approximately equivalent factors in Harm Standard maltreatment, each applying to 11% of the countable children, while mental illness was a factor in the maltreatment of 7% of the children."

source for all quotes above:
http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/opre...df_jan2010.pdf
ElaineV is offline  
#43 Old 05-23-2011, 10:49 AM
Newbie
 
zingypeppers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp View Post

Jeez, I really, really wish people had to pass mental health screenings and other tests before they could become parents.

Who would be qualified to do the mental health screenings? Most of the mental health professionals I know are about as messed up as the woman in the video.
zingypeppers is offline  
#44 Old 05-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Digger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp View Post

Jeez, I really, really wish people had to pass mental health screenings and other tests before they could become parents.

Yeah I sometimes feel like that also, but oddly enough many of us do well despite our parents' totally fracked-up heads. In fact, if you don't mind my saying so, many of us turn out to be pretty damn creative and contribute to society as a result of our parents' being total frack-ups. Maybe I should thank my mom for being a total douchebag? Despite everything, she made me what I am today, and I think I'm a pretty cool guy.
Digger is offline  
#45 Old 05-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Veggie Regular
 
ElaineV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post

Yeah I sometimes feel like that also, but oddly enough many of us do well despite our parents' totally fracked-up heads. In fact, if you don't mind my saying so, many of us turn out to be pretty damn creative and contribute to society as a result of our parents' being total frack-ups. Maybe I should thank my mom for being a total douchebag? Despite everything, she made me what I am today, and I think I'm a pretty cool guy.

I wouldn't go so far as to thank abusive or neglectful parents, but it's true that most people survive abuse or neglect and do not pupetuate it. Humans are resilient.
That is, survivors of abuse are more likely to abuse than people who did not experience abuse, but most survivors donot become abusers.
ElaineV is offline  
#46 Old 05-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Veggie Regular
 
ElaineV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by zingypeppers View Post

Who would be qualified to do the mental health screenings? Most of the mental health professionals I know are about as messed up as the woman in the video.

Well, adoptive parents are screened. It's part of the "home study" and it is done by social workers through questionnaires and conversations as well as references from family and friends.

My main problem with making people jump through hoops in order to become parents is the enforcement aspect. How exactly would you prevent people deemed mentally unstable from reproducing? You'd sterilize them. Besides infringing on their privacy and physical freedom sterilizations are not risk-free.
ElaineV is offline  
#47 Old 05-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Chrysalis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,101
I could not watch the first one (just listened to the audio) and I can't bring myself to watch that second video. Talk about crossing boundaries!!

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
Chrysalis is offline  
#48 Old 05-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

There seems to be a high percentage of basket cases and "damaged people" in the veg*n community at large, actually.

Well, if you're veg*n, it's more of a downer, when you notice veg*ns being as nuts as other people. You expected more from them.
Some mental illnesses make the person want to feel persecuted and they need to belong to a persecuted group , so you never know with those times.
Empty_Shell is offline  
#49 Old 05-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Digger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

There seems to be a high percentage of basket cases and "damaged people" in the veg*n community at large, actually.

That seems to be true, actually.
Digger is offline  
#50 Old 05-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Phoenix Days's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,969
I've heard that a lot of people have notified that cops about her already.
That kid really needs a better home

DON'T BRING MY MOTHER INTO THIS!
Phoenix Days is offline  
#51 Old 05-23-2011, 01:14 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Envy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Heaven
Posts: 6,548
Now that's not healthy.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
Envy is offline  
#52 Old 05-23-2011, 01:47 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Nishani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 7,577
That is very erm, raw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post

Yeah I sometimes feel like that also, but oddly enough many of us do well despite our parents' totally fracked-up heads. In fact, if you don't mind my saying so, many of us turn out to be pretty damn creative and contribute to society as a result of our parents' being total frack-ups. Maybe I should thank my mom for being a total douchebag? Despite everything, she made me what I am today, and I think I'm a pretty cool guy.

Some people might do well on some level in spite of their parents upbringing, but that doesn't mean that those people don't ever have their dysfunction reveal itself or become an issue for them.

m8itcanw8.com
Nishani is offline  
#53 Old 05-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Veggie Regular
 
vegkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the depths of N'Kai
Posts: 3,910
Oh my God that kid needs to be taken away. I think he realizes how wrong it is, unlike other people who say he's completely screwed up from it, but I do think it has take its toll on him psychologically. I mean, he's older than me and he acts like he's five years younger. The mother is COMPLETELY and ABSOLUTELY obsessed with herself. Typical camera moment: [Katherine]...and here I have Kaelin with me... [Kaelin]*looks away from camera for two seconds* [Katherine, in a snappy voice] Kaelin. Kaelin. [Kaelin]*sheepishly looks back at the camera* Hi...

As for her diet, she is probably one of those new-age vegetarians for the sake of being vegetarian, and she probably does not give her son the adequate nutrients. Unfortunately some of the comments on the videos attack her for her diet, and while I can honestly actually understand where they're coming from, it still gives the rest of us a bad rep.

I hope she is put to justice soon.

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

vegkid is offline  
#54 Old 05-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Freesia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,075
I think someone needs to intervene immediately. Child Abuse.
Freesia is offline  
#55 Old 05-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Irizary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineV View Post

And I also know that parental mental health is not the strongest predictor of child wellbeing. Child abuse and neglect are not necessarily the result of mental instability. Usually it's more circumstantial: families dealing with high stress and low stability:

- "Compared to children with employed parents, those with no parent in the labor force had 2 to 3 times the rate of maltreatment overall, about 2 times the rate of abuse, and 3 or more times the rate of neglect."
- "Children in low socioeconomic status households had significantly higher rates of maltreatment in all categories and across both definitional standards. They experienced some type of maltreatment at more than 5 times the rate of other children; they were more than 3 times as likely to be abused and about 7 times as likely to be neglected."
- "Compared to children living with married biological parents, those whose single parent had a live-in partner had more than 8 times the rate of maltreatment overall, over 10 times the rate of abuse, and nearly 8 times the rate of neglect."...

Overall, the strongest predictors of child abuse and neglect are stressful living situations - raising children on limited income with little support

Unless there's something in the document that explains how mental illness and economic status are separated, it seems to me that mental illness very often leads to instability, inability to work, and damaged relationships. I strongly believe that for a lot of the homes in which kids are abused or neglected you could throw limitless money at them and there would still be lack of stability, neglect, and/or abuse, and that mental illness is often the root cause of those things.

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

 

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

Irizary is offline  
#56 Old 05-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Veggie Regular
 
exiled_expatriate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 726

....

exiled_expatriate is offline  
#57 Old 05-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Irizary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,749
I'm sure she's been traumatized in a lot of ways, but I really think that no matter what your trauma you need to figure out how to pull it together for your young kids, or else you're just traumatizing them

Quote:
"Mummy, is the rapist coming out?" my 7 year old son asked me, a few days ago. And, "Mummy, this is a weapon I made? to protect you if the rapist breaks into our house." Then, "Mummy, we should Kill him?" These are only a few of the many amazing thoughts going through a little child's head within the span of a traumatic, stress induced week. Unedited words spoken by an innocent child who is trying his best to understand why his Mummy wakes up sobbing and can no longer sleep at night.

from victim impact statement

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

 

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

Irizary is offline  
#58 Old 05-23-2011, 03:03 PM
Veggie Regular
 
*AHIMSA*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiled_expatriate View Post

She admitted that she was once raped but remains a proud survivor. Perhaps that sustained trauma has something to do with where she's coming from. It was even featured on the local news:

http://www.supernaturalwoman.com/article136.html

Her son has an art piece entitled "Rapist Black on White" on that page, also "Raped by a Skyscraper".

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
*AHIMSA* is offline  
#59 Old 05-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Veggie Regular
 
exiled_expatriate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 726
...
exiled_expatriate is offline  
#60 Old 05-23-2011, 03:20 PM
Veggie Regular
 
*AHIMSA*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,728
That child needs therapy.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
*AHIMSA* is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off