Two Gays Go Into a Pub... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Veggie Regular

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13103647

Two gay men kiss in a pub, are thrown out for being 'obscene.' Gay media tweets it everywhere, protest takes place, egg-substitute and pub owner's face is in alignment. Victory for common sense.

I've now been having a protracted facebook argument with a friend of a friend about this. Their argument centres around that the pub owner has the right to decide what is allowed in his pub.

Mine is that by its very nature a public house has no social contract beyond what already exists in other public places, and that the pub owner had no right to evict them, as a KISS is not obscene or even overly sexual. In fact, a kiss is an individual and positive action, and more should be given, regardless of gender.

In this grand illusion of entitlement to life / Our 'need' is a mask for our greed and it's not right /
We are executioners who parade ourselves as kings / As selfish and deluded as the blood-bathed Bathory. ~Kingdom, 'Bathory' xVx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes, I saw this on the news recently. You wouldn't expect that treatment in that area of London honestly.
#3 Old 04-17-2011, 03:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post

Yes, I saw this on the news recently. You wouldn't expect that treatment in that area of London honestly.

Yea, totally agree. I thought the protest was so positive and charming as well, and completely unexpected. What pressure to put on those guys to stay together now though XD

In this grand illusion of entitlement to life / Our 'need' is a mask for our greed and it's not right /
We are executioners who parade ourselves as kings / As selfish and deluded as the blood-bathed Bathory. ~Kingdom, 'Bathory' xVx
#4 Old 04-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Veggie Regular

That's just stupid. A peck on the mouth being obscene? The landlord needs to get out more.

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -Sirius Black
#5 Old 04-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa View Post

I've now been having a protracted facebook argument with a friend of a friend about this. Their argument centres around that the pub owner has the right to decide what is allowed in his pub.

What a stupid argument. Would said pub owner be able to kick out a person of a different race?
#6 Old 04-17-2011, 08:33 PM
Veggie Regular

"Two Gays Go Into a Pub..."

this does not end the way I heard the joke?
#7 Old 04-18-2011, 12:35 AM
Veggie Regular

m8itcanw8.com
#8 Old 04-18-2011, 04:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieB View Post

What a stupid argument. Would said pub owner be able to kick out a person of a different race?

My point exactly. This person also called it 'homosexual activity,' which is the most offensive way of making a kiss sound like a militant gay separatist action :P

#9 Old 04-18-2011, 06:46 AM
Veggie Regular

*sings*

You must remember this
a kiss is still a kiss
a sigh is just a sigh
the fundamental things apply
as time goes by...

*this space not for sale*
#10 Old 04-18-2011, 07:31 AM
Banned

Someone opens a pub in Soho and doesn't want homosexual customers? Shrewd business move.
#11 Old 04-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Veggie Regular

I just saw an article that a picture from the protest the "kiss in" was removed off facebook. The guy who posted it was sent a warning about sexual and inappropriate pictures
http://gawker.com/#!5792874/the-gay-...ant-you-to-see

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will then know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
#12 Old 04-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirstenKat View Post

I just saw an article that a picture from the protest the "kiss in" was removed off facebook. The guy who posted it was sent a warning about sexual and inappropriate pictures
http://gawker.com/#!5792874/the-gay-...ant-you-to-see

Ugh! I hate facebook. I can now add this to the list of reasons why I believe that facebook is pure evil.
#13 Old 04-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthling View Post

Someone opens a pub in Soho and doesn't want homosexual customers? Shrewd business move.

Haha, exactly.
#14 Old 04-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Soho has been taken over by the Albanian mafia thesedays. It wouldn't surprise me if they saw homosexuals as bad for their ruthless sex trade in illegal immigrant female prostitutes.

m8itcanw8.com
#15 Old 04-19-2011, 12:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirstenKat View Post

http://<a href="http://gawker.com/#%...you-to-see</a>

And in response a huge number of people have reposted the story (myself included) on their wall and also changed their profile pictures to two men kissing.

‎"One meal, soon forgotten, in exchange for a whole life." Author Unknown
"Fur is worn by beautiful animals and ugly people"

#16 Old 04-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Ugh! I hate facebook. I can now add this to the list of reasons why I believe that facebook is pure evil.

No, no. I'm pure evil. Facebook is just plain dumb. There's a difference. For one, I don't care whom you kiss.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page