Awful Day - Feeling Blue (vent/rant) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-18-2004, 11:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Needed to vent. I have had a terrible day today. My partner has been put in hospital for at least three days. He will be okay but he is diabetic and going into hospital always messes up his routine for weeks afterwards. He has been in hospital twice before in the five years I have known him, last time was a year ago - for the same complaint - he hurt his toe, has diabetes so doesn't get enough blood flow to his extremities, spends too much time on his feet at work, toe gets more and more infected despite antibiotics, foot gets swollen and sore, infection spreads and he gets very ill. He sounded awful on the phone when I last spoke to him.

Plus it seems a lot of little things have also conspired against me.

New job means more work, hours of driving every day, 12 hour days at times and despite the pay advantages, when situations like this come up it makes things hard. (I do love the job usually though - just in a whiny mood today) I have the afternoon off today.

The house is an absolute MESS. I have been frantically working, my bf has also been working, but as he is now sick we have not had a chance to do any housework and the place needs a huge clean which I am too down to attempt right now. So depressing though. Haven't even done the washing.

I also found out this morning that the medication I have to take has been discontinued so I have to go through the process next week of trying to find another suitable vegan alternative.

Had free tickets & backstage passes to see A Perfect Circle tonight but cannot go now.

I feel a little better now. Nothin' like a good ole 'poor me' post to feel a little better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-19-2004, 12:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Wow. I'm sorry. I hope things get better for you two soon. It must be really hard....

#3 Old 02-19-2004, 12:37 AM

#4 Old 02-19-2004, 05:52 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristadb View Post

I second that motion. And forget about the housework for a bit, it will keep.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#5 Old 02-19-2004, 07:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Can you hire a maid? If you live in a big city, you could get someone from an agency to just come in once or twice and it wouldn't be very expensive...

I'm very sorry about you bf's health situation.
#6 Old 02-19-2004, 07:12 PM
Veggie Regular

#7 Old 02-19-2004, 10:18 PM
Veggie Regular

#8 Old 02-20-2004, 06:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks to everyone.

I needed those hugs!!!

Today he is being rushed into surgery and may lose his toe. I am anxiously waiting to hear from them to find out how he is. :scared: He is fairly confident he will not lose it and they will just have to drain the infection and remove the infected tissue. So I am staying positive and refuse to think of worse case scenarios and am focusing on being as positive as possible today.

I have decided to let the housework go until tomorrow. My Mum sweetly offered to come over to help. It probably isn't even that bad. But when you are already worried about one thing, other things sort of take on more meaning than they should.
#9 Old 02-20-2004, 06:56 PM

btw, "poor me" posts gets things off your mind

And don't worry about the housework - it's just housework. As long as there isn't large amounts of mold growing or feces on the floor, you can leave it for a couple of months.

Trust me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page