Flying between Toronto (Canada) and Frankfurt (Germany) on Lufthansa - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Has anyone been on a Lufthansa flight from Toronto to Frankfurt recently? I've heard that the service on Lufthansa is terrible most of the time and people have encountered many problems at the Frankfurt airport (going through customs, finding gates...). I'd like some feedback from those who have flown on Lufthansa to Frankfurt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-24-2011, 11:28 PM
Veggie Regular

i've flown there on lufthansa but it's been a couple of years and it wasn't from toronto.
i generally don't like the airport layout there but i've never had trouble finding anything. i've been through that airport many times. what specific things did people tell you?
in-flight service with lufthansa is as bad as any other airline. i don't like lufthansa because i believe if an airline takes you off a flight and puts you on another one over 8 hours later they should tell you about it. wait, what am i saying? lufthansa is horrible. i've found them to be absolutely incompetent and i could go on with naming specific instances i've encountered. i should mention they will lie to your face
#3 Old 02-25-2011, 10:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Lufthansa didn't want to give me my pre-ordered vegetarian meal, they kept trying to give it to other people even though they had a ticket with my seat number on it...
But to be fair, other airlines have done that to me too! I dunno, do I not look like a vegetarian or something?
#4 Old 02-25-2011, 01:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirpkatze View Post

i've flown there on lufthansa but it's been a couple of years and it wasn't from toronto.
i generally don't like the airport layout there but i've never had trouble finding anything. i've been through that airport many times. what specific things did people tell you?
in-flight service with lufthansa is as bad as any other airline. i don't like lufthansa because i believe if an airline takes you off a flight and puts you on another one over 8 hours later they should tell you about it. wait, what am i saying? lufthansa is horrible. i've found them to be absolutely incompetent and i could go on with naming specific instances i've encountered. i should mention they will lie to your face

I've heard someone say he asked for a glass of water, and the stewardess yelled at him and told him to sit down and that drinks would be served in 15 minutes. Generally, people just say the Lufthansa staff both on the flights and at the counters were rude and unhelpful. At the Frankfurt airport, I heard some people had to wait 3 hours to go through customs.

I've booked a flight on Lufthansa from Toronto to Frankfurt (round trip) and have also ordered a vegetarian meal. Now, I'm getting a little wary after hearing all these negative stories about Lufthansa.
#5 Old 02-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by roneet View Post

I've heard someone say he asked for a glass of water, and the stewardess yelled at him and told him to sit down and that drinks would be served in 15 minutes. Generally, people just say the Lufthansa staff both on the flights and at the counters were rude and unhelpful. At the Frankfurt airport, I heard some people had to wait 3 hours to go through customs.

I've booked a flight on Lufthansa from Toronto to Frankfurt (round trip) and have also ordered a vegetarian meal. Now, I'm getting a little wary after hearing all these negative stories about Lufthansa.

i've never seen huge lines there. i don't think your friend's experience at customs is common
don't worry too much about lufthansa. they will get you where you're going and comfortably so for an airplane but not with great joy. call the airline and confirm your meal a little over 24 hours before your flight just to be sure. yes, they are rude and unhelpful on the ground and there's a serious lack of common sense

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page