Man Tattoos Leviticus 18:22 That Forbids Homosexuality On His Arm... (Funny story) - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 02-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

I used to know one homophobe (he wasn't my friend, I just knew him ) who would say gay people were disgusting and it made him sick to think of a man doing that with another man, I'd fight with him about it for ages. About a year after that I heard he was experimenting with bisexuality and threesomes with men on a trip to Germany. You know what they say about those who protest too much...

I'm so not surprised...
BTW one reason Jews don't follow all the 613 commandments is that there is a lot of discussion over exactly what they all ARE, it's not cut and dried, and quite a few of them relate to the Temple anyway, which I personally don't WANT rebuilt, because I don't want to go back to animal sacrifice, obviously...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 02-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tablaqueen View Post

I'm so not surprised...
BTW one reason Jews don't follow all the 613 commandments is that there is a lot of discussion over exactly what they all ARE, it's not cut and dried, and quite a few of them relate to the Temple anyway, which I personally don't WANT rebuilt, because I don't want to go back to animal sacrifice, obviously...

I grew up in an eruv, so I know what you're talking about. And I wasn't being totally serious anyway.
#33 Old 02-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Veggie Regular

The more I think about it, the more I think the Bible doesn't actually talks about homosexuality. It makes references to certain sexual acts which were supposed to be forbidden by God. But then there were a whole bunch of rules listed in Leviticus that I think only apply to the Jews back then. Some might still be relevant today, but most are not...e.g. where it talks about how you cannot cut your hair a certain way... Even if the rules have relevance today, I have to question if God only gave the rules to the Jews or if everyone else is supposed to follow them.

Hmm...I will bring this up with my Bible study group tonight...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page