The Barefooters of VB - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 02-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't like being barefoot around other people; the other day was the first time someone's seen my bare feet in ages.
That doesn't mean I don't like going barefoot, I just don't like my feet, they're the one part of my body that I can't stand.
However, I'm barefoot right now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 02-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishani View Post

LOL, what is it with people and their need to buy countless pairs of shoes? I have friends who don't even get around to wearing half the pairs they have in their closet. I know someone who has so many that she has them lined up in order of the colour spectrum starting from blues through to greens then yellow then orange etc etc etc. The first time I saw the walk-in-robe in her bedroom, I couldn't help saying "why the **** have you got a shoe store in your bedroom!".

I don't get it either. I also don't understand how people spend hundreds of dollars on shoes...especially ones they wear only once or not at all!
#63 Old 02-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp View Post

As I said, I personally can't wear anything approaching an inch without my foot getting sore within a short time, but there's no point in arguing about it. If your feet are giving you trouble, maybe you should go see a podiatrist or someone whose opinion you respect - that would probably be more productive for you.

Apologies for misleading people, but my current footwear isn't causing me any trouble...even the little bunions that are apparently forming are not actually causing me any trouble. Now if I wore stripper heels every day, maybe. But I don't.

Thanks for the concern though.
#64 Old 02-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't usually wear shoes when I'm inside my own home, but I do everywhere else.

"I am a woman of science. At least that's what my horoscope said."
#65 Old 02-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Veggie Regular

I love going barefoot! It's not so easy in London though as the pavements are so dirty and the weather isn't warm enough for it very often. When I lived in Somerset I went barefoot all the time in the summer.
#66 Old 02-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I don't get it either. I also don't understand how people spend hundreds of dollars on shoes...especially ones they wear only once or not at all!

Yep am with you guys - I only have a few pairs of shoes and most are very sensible! I've heard it said that stillettos are the last type of tyrannical fashion since we don't have corsets usually anymore and I can believe it!
#67 Old 02-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Rrgh. Brr. Absolutely not. I could not do this.

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

#68 Old 02-22-2011, 04:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablaqueen View Post

yep am with you guys - i only have a few pairs of shoes and most are very sensible! I've heard it said that stillettos are the last type of tyrannical fashion since we don't have corsets usually anymore and i can believe it!

word.

I admit I have tons of pairs of flip flops but they're cheap and you can put 3 pairs of them in the same cubby that fits one pair in my closet. So I don't feel guilty about that.
#69 Old 02-22-2011, 06:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishani View Post

LOL, what is it with people and their need to buy countless pairs of shoes? I have friends who don't even get around to wearing half the pairs they have in their closet. I know someone who has so many that she has them lined up in order of the colour spectrum starting from blues through to greens then yellow then orange etc etc etc. The first time I saw the walk-in-robe in her bedroom, I couldn't help saying "why the **** have you got a shoe store in your bedroom!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Okay you guys are talking about me.....I am a shoe-a-holic and could open my own shoe store(s)....I love veggie friendly shoes, boots in all styles, colors, ect and ect and on and on....and have oodles and oodles.....I dont feel guilty or bad about this.....I just looooooove them soooooo much.....I have massive shoe love and I believe my first love was shooooooes.....sorry honey.....lol......I dont have many that I havent worn or that I have only worn a few times....some....but not many.....I love them too much not to spread the love around and spend time with.

Peace, LOve and Shoes

LOud & PRoud Veggie-Tari-Jenn~~(KNOT)~~ Vegan and NEVER Will Be.
Be Cents-able...Use Coupons!!~~PEace, LOVe & Beautiful COLORFUL RAinbows!!
#70 Old 02-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

I'm pretty sure i'm not referring to america.

Well I wasn't, that's why I asked.

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so? Do you believe in rock Ân roll,
Can music save your mortal soul, And can you teach me how to dance real slow?
#71 Old 02-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I enjoy going barefoot when the weather and life circumstances allow. I'd be fired if I tried to work barefoot, not because it's a health or sanitation issue, but because it's a "breach of professionalism."

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#72 Old 02-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

Been there, done that! Also stepped on a tack in high grass. Ouch. I have enough tetanus immunity to last me a few more centuries.

The funny thing is, I barely felt it. I had thick calluses on the soles of my feet, so I felt a little prick but nothing else. I was carrying a load of laundry to the laundry room at my apartment. There, I became aware of standing in a warm liquid. I looked down and saw I was standing in a puddle of blood. Revulsion turned to horror as I realized it was my blood. Tetanus shots are painful, often worse than the injury. I later found the offending glass, the jagged bottom of a soft drink bottle with my blood on it. My barefoot days ended there, although I miss it greatly, still walk barefoot on beaches and places I think are "safe".
#73 Old 02-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Veggie Regular

The point of collecting shoes is not in the wearing, it's in the having. It's like collecting and displaying porcelain figures. "Look at it all, aren't they nice?" And besides, there is always that 1% possibility that a certain pair of shoes will actually be needed for a certain special occasion, say, meeting the Queen of England or President Obama or having to give a speech at a meeting of the local Anarchist Club, and you need the right footwear for that.

I'm barefoot right now and my feet are cold.

*this space not for sale*
#74 Old 02-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

When I went back to work in November, my feet and legs started to KILL me. I was wearing Payless work shoes. I got some gel pads and almost overnight my pain went away. For many years I've preferred flip flops to regular shoes. People give me the weirdest looks when I tell them that my flops are my "comfortable shoes." I usually wear them when I go to Disneyland, except I've switched to ballerina slipper-like shoes because last time I wore them to Disneyland, I slipped getting off Pirates and a month later, my foot it still healing I like that my flops don't give me support, that's what's most comfortable. When I wear tennis shoes, I just feel like I have something in my shoe.

When I'm home, I'm barefoot. I'm at my bf's house now and completely barefoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoshave View Post

Maybe if you live in Florida or southern Cali; but here those worms can't survive the winter freeze.

I got HPV (Plantar warts) on my foot I think it's from loving to be barefoot. It's not bad, I keep my feet super clean and nice, so they've stayed in the "young" stages for many years (you can't see them unless you look really, really close). I'm still not sure how I got it, I don't usually go outside of my property barefoot (and very rarely in the grass).
#75 Old 02-23-2011, 04:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsnip View Post

The funny thing is, I barely felt it. I had thick calluses on the soles of my feet, so I felt a little prick but nothing else. I was carrying a load of laundry to the laundry room at my apartment. There, I became aware of standing in a warm liquid. I looked down and saw I was standing in a puddle of blood. Revulsion turned to horror as I realized it was my blood. Tetanus shots are painful, often worse than the injury. I later found the offending glass, the jagged bottom of a soft drink bottle with my blood on it. My barefoot days ended there, although I miss it greatly, still walk barefoot on beaches and places I think are "safe".

Beaches are actually a lot more "dangerous" than your average park. Much more likely to be glass, metal, plastic, something sharp to step on. The notion that beaches are safer than anywhere else is really misinformed.

"It is far better to be happy than to have your bodies act as graveyards for animals. Accordingly, the apostle Matthew partook of seeds, nuts and vegetables, without flesh"- Clement of Alexandria
#76 Old 02-23-2011, 08:36 AM
Veggie Regular

I never recall any of my tetanus shots hurting horribly.

Granted, once when the actual shot was administered, my hand was under a local anesthetic (I was getting stitched up after a rat bit me)--so I couldn't feel much at all, but it didn't hurt the days following either.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#77 Old 02-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

The point of collecting shoes is not in the wearing, it's in the having. It's like collecting and displaying porcelain figures. "Look at it all, aren't they nice?" And besides, there is always that 1% possibility that a certain pair of shoes will actually be needed for a certain special occasion, say, meeting the Queen of England or President Obama or having to give a speech at a meeting of the local Anarchist Club, and you need the right footwear for that.

I'm barefoot right now and my feet are cold.

LOL.....you are soooo right to a point some shoes I like to just have with me.....but 99.9% I wear and enjoy and thats alooooooot of shoes....I I was looking for the perfect pair of brown Vegan boots and I finally found them and now I dont wanna wear them cause they will get dirty, wet, snowy and icky....LOL.....total shoe love.

peace, love and hippiness

#78 Old 02-25-2011, 09:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post

I enjoy going barefoot when the weather and life circumstances allow. I'd be fired if I tried to work barefoot, not because it's a health or sanitation issue, but because it's a "breach of professionalism."

Unfortunately this is the case most everywhere. As for sanitation issues, shoes are actually quite a bit more disgusting and dirty than bare feet.

"It is far better to be happy than to have your bodies act as graveyards for animals. Accordingly, the apostle Matthew partook of seeds, nuts and vegetables, without flesh"- Clement of Alexandria
#79 Old 02-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisMTL View Post

I wear shoes because I live downtown... five thousand reasons to wear shoes downtown.. I don't wear shoes in my house or backyard, though.

I'm the same way I go bare foot as long as I don't feel i am putting my health or safety at risk. I only wear socks to keep warm in the winter and the lighter the shoe the better I love my converse and macbeths cause the canvas lets my feet breath.

☮ ♥ (: Ⓥ
http://empatheticvegan.tumblr.com/
#80 Old 02-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I've often thought in carpeted offices it would be really nice to just take off my shoes and walk around with tights/ socks- cleaner and more comfy. However I've never done it as it would be seen as weird/ unprofessional, and these are places where I'm trying to make a good impression. I wouldn't go barefoot around here, it's too dirty, except maybe at the park/ in the garden if it was hot.
#81 Old 02-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_charm View Post

I've often thought in carpeted offices it would be really nice to just take off my shoes and walk around with tights/ socks- cleaner and more comfy. However I've never done it as it would be seen as weird/ unprofessional, and these are places where I'm trying to make a good impression. I wouldn't go barefoot around here, it's too dirty, except maybe at the park/ in the garden if it was hot.

I get to wear socks in my office, that's one of the benefits of working at night when there's only one or two other people around. I would feel weird about it during the day for sure.

I like going barefoot but I'm afraid of all the possible dangers mentioned in this thread so I really only do it at home or at the beach or whenever I find a particularly nice patch of grass. There's nothing more awesome than sand or grass between your toes

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#82 Old 02-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

There's nothing more awesome than sand or grass between your toes

Yes, there is. Garden mud.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#83 Old 02-25-2011, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Oooooooh, squishy!

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#84 Old 02-25-2011, 07:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post

Yes, there is. Garden mud.

and snow during a snowstorm.....I have always loved to do that.....and liked walking on hot coals was fun too.

Peace

#85 Old 02-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Veggie Regular

In winter months and cold months I wear socks almost all the time around the house but, I take off my shoes until we go anywhere. After a shower I go around barefoot until I go to bed and I get my socks back on.

In the summer months I go around barefoot all the time at the house and sitting outside. However, when we go some place I put my shoes and socks back on my feet.

My husband goes around barefoot alot and goes to sleep no big deal but I have to have socks on my feets when I sleep.
#86 Old 02-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

In winter months and cold months I wear socks almost all the time around the house but, I take off my shoes until we go anywhere. After a shower I go around barefoot until I go to bed and I get my socks back on.

In the summer months I go around barefoot all the time at the house and sitting outside. However, when we go some place I put my shoes and socks back on my feet.

My husband goes around barefoot alot and goes to sleep no big deal but I have to have socks on my feets when I sleep.

I am like that too.....I always have to have socks on when I sleep.....my sweetie and friends laugh at me when I say I wont sleep in naked feet.

Peace

#87 Old 02-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Veggie Regular

I live in a coastal area and being barefoot is accepted in most places except schools, nightclubs and construction sites

Jandels/Sandels are practical though because they ground gets too hot to walk on in the summer.

God loved birds, he created trees.
Man loved birds, he created cages.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page