People who get into my taxi - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Banned

As some of you know, I have been driving a taxi for the last year or so. I've driven heroin addicts (or former heroin addicts?) to and from their outpatient treatment facilities and methadone maintenance clinics. I've driven drunks home from the bar, and from one bar to another. I've driven hallucinogen users to their dealers, to pick up their hallucinogens. The heroin addicts (or former heroin addicts?) are always polite and respectful. The drunks are always rude, and often disrespectful as well as rude, and often belligerant and threatening too. The hallucinogen users are always rude, disrespectful, and insane. The drunks have more hallucinations than the hallucinogen users. They talk to imaginary friends and mention imaginary things happening in the car and on the road. The hallucinogen users are indecisive, changing their mind mid-course about where they want me to take them, while not being cognizant of whether they have enough money to pay for the change, but they don't talk to, or about, any hallucinations.

I sometimes drive people home from the airport. Or to the airport. In one of the cars I often get, the hold-downs for the spare tire are missing and I have to sometimes tell passengers there is no room for their luggage, sometimes worry that the tire might shift and damage their luggage.

The driver who uses the car on the other shift smokes, and I can't get rid of the smoke smell no matter how much Fabreze I spray. It stays throughout my whole shift, and makes me sick. And he uses the cup holders as ash trays.

I have to work 12-hours shifts, or longer. Most of the cars have uncomfortable seats - my back starts hurting after 3 or 4 hours, and this affects my ability to drive safely.

I'm beginning to hate this job. I want to open a retail tire-sales place, maybe also wheel alignment, batteries and brakes, but I can't figure out how to start going about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-23-2011, 12:33 PM
Impeach the gangster

I know what you mean. I hacked a cab in Orlando many years ago. At that time, there was a Naval training center in town, and on weekends, the sailors would come out and want to cruise for hookers. I'd just tell them, I was too young to be a pimp.

I took one drunk to a package store, so he could buy more hooch, and on his way back out to the cab, he ticked off another drunk, who beat him so badly, he had to be taken to a hospital in an ambulance. He didn't even pay the taxi fare....

These are the worst:

Have you thought about working the day shift?

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#3 Old 01-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Banned

I asked about the day shift. They don't need anyone for the day shift. This is the 4th, and by far the best taxi company I've worked at. Compared to the other 3 companies, it is like night and day. Nicer, fairer dispatchers. Earning much more money (averaging about $4.15 per hour, net, instead of $2.00 per hour). But I still hate it. There are no more companies in my immediate area. I now have my own, new, car for driving to and from work, and could drive to a job in Queens or Brooklyn (would take an hour or more each way), and I've googled about how to work in NYC. I've found taxi driver message boards, but everything I've found on the subject, written by taxi drivers, is very very confusing. The messages are full of jargon that I find incomprehensible.

I would not want to use my own car (Toyota Matrix, manual shift, 26-32 mpg, with good leg room in the back and some luggage space) as a taxi unless I had my own shop to do my own maintenance. If I put on only 12,000 miles a year, driving to and from work and to go food shopping, it won't need much maintenace for a few years; but if I put on 50,000 miles per year, using it as a taxi, it will start needing a good deal of maintenance, soon. Tires after 50,000. Brakes maybe after only 20-30 thousand. Clutch will only last about 100,000 miles. Plus I don't know how to figure out the legalities and costs of doing this. I don't know how to market taxi service.

I don't see how I could work 12 hours a day, more than 2 days in a row. Even with only 2 meals per day. Takes 1/2 hour to travel each way to the job. 2 hours to wake up, wash and brush teeth, shave, make breakfast, and get dressed. 1 hour to undress and get into bed. 3 hours to prepare and pack my food to take with me to work. 2 hours to rest. That's 21 hours. That leaves only 3 hours for sleep. And I need 8 or 9. So I can work one day, get 3 hours sleep, then work another day. That's it. Then I'll need to make up for the lost sleep, get 13 or 14 hours sleep, before I can work another day.

I am dreading going back to work; I am having trouble concentrating on preparing my food to take with me. If I don't bring good food with me, I will feel very tired, and begin feeling very sick, and begin experiencing a lot of pain, after about 4 hours on the job, become totally unable to continue working, and become a danger on the road.
#4 Old 01-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Impeach the gangster

Driving a taxi is what led me into driving a truck. If you're good about finding your way around, you might think about switching to doing deliveries. You don't have to contend with rude passengers and, depending on the job, the pay may be better.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#5 Old 01-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Veggie Regular

What did you do before you drove a taxi?
#6 Old 01-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by julz View Post

What did you do before you drove a taxi?

I took a year long course in computer networking. Before that i was a secretary. Before that computer help desk person. I have compTIA a-plus certification. I could do computer repairs self-employed, at home, if I didn't live in a 9 foot by 12 foot room with no more room for anything but a twin bed and a table with my own computers. I've sent out 100's of applications for secretary and computer jobs, over the course of about 6 months. Registered with 3 temp agencies. Got maybe 3 interviews, but no job. I finally had to take a taxi job to pay my bills. But I can't stand it any more.
#7 Old 01-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

Driving a taxi is what led me into driving a truck. If you're good about finding your way around, you might think about switching to doing deliveries. You don't have to contend with rude passengers and, depending on the job, the pay may be better.

I don't remember how to get places unless I write down how I got there, then spend hours transferring hand notes to computer documents, and then going over my notes along with google maps.

I depend on a GPS. I love it. I would not be able to succeed as a taxi driver, without it. I keep a bread crumb trail and go over it at home. Helps me remember places. But also take up a lot of my off-duty time, further reducing my calculated net hourly wage.

I can't lift heavy items.

I didn't mention it before but I find repeatedly moving from warm taxi, to cold outdoors, and back again (such as to help people with their grocery bags (I can't lift their luggage), to be stressful, and illness-inducing. If I dress warm enough for outdoors, I am too hot in the car. Dress cool enough for the car, I can't go outdoors without first putting on more clothes. Otherwise I will feel painfully cold. Yet there is no time to put clothes on and take them off, each time I go out and then back in.

Also, I think finding a job doing deliveries would be much harder than finding a taxi-driver job. And even harder to find one where the deliveries are not over 25 pounds. You also need to take a special course and get a special license to drive a commercial truck.
#8 Old 01-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by soilman View Post

I'm beginning to hate this job. I want to open a retail tire-sales place, maybe also wheel alignment, batteries and brakes, but I can't figure out how to start going about it.

There are already several national chains of this type of store. If you have the money, you might consider buying a franchise of one; however, I think it would be rather expensive.

#9 Old 01-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I took a year long course in computer networking. Before that i was a secretary. Before that computer help desk person. I have compTIA a-plus certification. I could do computer repairs self-employed, at home, if I didn't live in a 9 foot by 12 foot room with no more room for anything but a twin bed and a table with my own computers. I've sent out 100's of applications for secretary and computer jobs, over the course of about 6 months. Registered with 3 temp agencies. Got maybe 3 interviews, but no job. I finally had to take a taxi job to pay my bills. But I can't stand it any more.

So, do you enjoy working with computers? What would be your ideal job?
#10 Old 01-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by julz View Post

So, do you enjoy working with computers? What would be your ideal job?

I enjoy having sex. But if I had to have sex, as quickly as possible, as many times as I could do it during an 8 hour shift, with just about whoever wanted to have sex with me, and do this 5 days a week, I would not report that having sex would be my ideal job. Especially if many of the people I was told by dispatcher that I had to have sex with, were rude, disrepectful, and threatening. I enjoy driving, but...

A good job would be driving a few nice people around, a few times a day, in a nice car, for a lot of money. Another good job would be owning my own place that sold tires, did wheel alignment service, brake service, and sold car batteries.

My ideal job would be farming, using vegan methods. http://shakahara.com/garden6.html

Doing vegan gardening as a hobby, I used computer spreadsheets to make calculations and predictions of the effects of compost, green manures, cover crops, and various commercial soil amendments, on available, usable, and bound nutrients in the soil, as well as on amounts of organic matter in the soil, and soil pH. I also made calculations and predictions of the amount of nutrient depletion, caused by growing various crops at various densities, in various kinds of soil, and therefore how to amend the soil to grow the various crops. I included info from soil tests of nutrients and organic matter made by cooperative extension, and made by myself with a test kit, before and after carrying out the above-mentioned soil activities.

Learning how to improve the soil to provide optimal yield of the same crop, year after year, in the same land area, worked out well. Learning how to improve the soil to provide optimal flavor and texture of of the same crop, year after year, in the land area, turned out to be more challenging. The obvious way to get optimal flavor is to grow the crop in soil in which that crop has never been grown before. But continually finding new land to use is not always practical.
#11 Old 01-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Your dream job is possible.
That is what my boyfriend is about to get started with, and you can do it, too.
He is taking a permaculture design course, and doing some permaculture internships this summer.
The certifications and internships do cost money, BUT if you don't have money to spend... you could always start WWOOF-ing!

World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms
http://www.wwoof.org

You are given room and board (many, MANY home stays are vegan or accommodate vegans!) in exchange for labour on an organic farm.
You can travel around and learn everything you need to know about organic farming, gain experience, and you don't have to worry about paying rent ect...
Then, perhaps you can get an actual job with one of the farms you stay at, OR come back to your home city and start working towards getting your own piece of land.

Nothing is beyond reach! Life is too short to be unhappy.

Here is a song that always inspires me during major life changes: Change - Blind Melon

"At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want." ~ Lao Tzu
#12 Old 01-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Banned

Paisleyjane, I'm not interested in organic at all, or in learning about it. Just vegan, and legitimate soil science. Did you even look at my web site with info about my own very productive, and entirely vegan (but not entirely "organic") garden? Nor would I want to live in a room and board situation. That is totally unrelated to what my ideal job would be, nor is it on a path to my ideal job. The web site you linked to makes no mention whatsoever of veganism, or even vegetarianism. Nor do I need education in vegan growing. I already have 7 years of experience on my own garden, growing food and medicinal herbs, without resorting to slaughterhouse or dairy waste (blood meal, bone meal, feces, etcetera). Nor would I want to go to a scientific agricultural college and, again, live in a room and board situation.

Do you have any actual knowledge about wwoof, or just what you have read (which means little).

Also, at 63 years old, I am past being capable of doing a lot of labor. I would want to do planning, breeding, and soil science, as well as accounting and bookkeeping for the operation, and will need other, younger people, to do much of the labor.
#13 Old 01-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I hear you my friend. Driving a taxi is deftl'y a dangerous job, esp. when you have some dude in the back seat having conversations with himself. Yikes! maybe next time you can play some soothing music for them so they can calm down.

Time Exists But Just On Your Wrist, So Don't Panic. Moments Last And Lifetimes Are Lost In A Day- Travis.
#14 Old 01-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Banned

Quote:

There are already several national chains of this type of store. If you have the money, you might consider buying a franchise of one; however, I think it would be rather expensive.

I wonder how much they cost? I have saved only a couple of 1000 dollars. I think I could borrow about 5000, not a lot more. I have seen existing, supposedly profitable tire shops in my area, selling for 800,000. 200,000 in less populated areas.
#15 Old 01-23-2011, 09:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spherion View Post

I hear you my friend. Driving a taxi is deftl'y a dangerous job, esp. when you have some dude in the back seat having conversations with himself. Yikes! maybe next time you can play some soothing music for them so they can calm down.

Unfortunately, in my state, one is not allowed to carry a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle. It must be unloaded (both chamber and magazine), and in a locked case or in a locked car trunk inaccessible from the passenger compartment.
#16 Old 01-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:

I wonder how much they cost? I have saved only a couple of 1000 dollars. I think I could borrow about 5000, not a lot more. I have seen existing, supposedly profitable tire shops in my area, selling for 800,000. 200,000 in less populated areas.

I don't actually know, but I would think those 6-figure prices are the reality of it. Besides the cost of the franchise, you would have to lease space, buy or rent equipment, stock inventory, hire employees, insurance, etc., etc., on and on.... Sorry, but i don't think $6000 will even get you close.

You mention being an hour or so from Queens and Brooklyn. This may not be my business, but if I were in your position- and I'm just 3-years younger than you- I would take the money I've saved and move far away, to a small town. I did that very thing a few years ago and, believe me, its the best thing I ever did. I would ask myself, is it my job I hate, or is it my environment? Please feel free to correct me, if I'm out of line, soilman....

#17 Old 01-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Paisleyjane, I'm not interested in organic at all, or in learning about it. Just vegan, and legitimate soil science. Did you even look at my web site with info about my own very productive, and entirely vegan (but not entirely "organic") garden? Nor would I want to live in a room and board situation. That is totally unrelated to what my ideal job would be, nor is it on a path to my ideal job. The web site you linked to makes no mention whatsoever of veganism, or even vegetarianism. Nor do I need education in vegan growing. I already have 7 years of experience on my own garden, growing food and medicinal herbs, without resorting to slaughterhouse or dairy waste (blood meal, bone meal, feces, etcetera). Nor would I want to go to a scientific agricultural college and, again, live in a room and board situation.

Do you have any actual knowledge about wwoof, or just what you have read (which means little).

Also, at 63 years old, I am past being capable of doing a lot of labor. I would want to do planning, breeding, and soil science, as well as accounting and bookkeeping for the operation, and will need other, younger people, to do much of the labor.

A simple "your suggestions don't really apply to me, but thanks" may have been the polite/tactful way to go.
I put energy into a post that I felt was thoughtful. I apologize that it was not helpful to you, but... it's not like it needed to be torn apart like that, either.
#18 Old 01-24-2011, 03:22 AM
Banned

Quote:

I don't actually know, but I would think those 6-figure prices are the reality of it. Besides the cost of the franchise, you would have to lease space, buy or rent equipment, stock inventory, hire employees, insurance, etc., etc., on and on.... Sorry, but i don't think $6000 will even get you close.

You mention being an hour or so from Queens and Brooklyn. This may not be my business, but if I were in your position- and I'm just 3-years younger than you- I would take the money I've saved and move far away, to a small town. I did that very thing a few years ago and, believe me, its the best thing I ever did. I would ask myself, is it my job I hate, or is it my environment? Please feel free to correct me, if I'm out of line, soilman....

Yea, I was thinking of moving to a small town. Preferably a totally rural area like the Great Smokies. But if I'm having trouble finding employment on Long Island, it may be harder to find a job in a small town. The money I've saved would not last me awful long. The amount I could get monthly from social security, 1190, I don't think it would be enough for a decent rental of a studio apartment anywhere in the US, and leave me enough for other monthly expenses.

If I could find a vegan, without hairy animal companions, to share a 2 bedroom apartment with, I might be able to afford 1/2 an apartment.

The 6 figures are for buying a going business. I assume it just includes current inventory, and equipment, and the right to use the existing business name. There would of course be insurance, more expenses on inventory, employee salaries, and probably monthly rental unless the amount to buy includes buying the building and land also. But I doubt it. As the typical 1/4 acre lot with a house, around here, is about 400,000 at the low end.
#19 Old 01-24-2011, 03:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

From what I can remember, this is what your threads asking for help or suggestions usually come down to: someone suggesting something, and then you getting angry about it. If I were you, I'd first try to work on my interpersonal skills.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#20 Old 01-24-2011, 08:37 AM
Banned

Sevenseas
Quote:
From what I can remember, this is what your threads asking for help or suggestions usually come down to: someone suggesting something, and then you getting angry about it. If I were you, I'd first try to work on my interpersonal skills.

Sevenseas, I did not ask for help or suggestions in this thread. People just started offering suggestions. In fact, I mentioned I wanted to start a retail tire-sales business, yet later, after people solicited information from me, about my background, and likes and dislikes, and my "ideal job," people started offering me unsolicited information about other things they thought maybe I should do for a living, instead of tire sales, or driving a taxi, given what they knew about my background, and likes and dislikes. This is despite the fact that I made it clear that I thoroughly disagreed with the popular misconception that liking something, or even considering it to be an "ideal" job, is always a good reason for choosing to do it for a living.

Nor am I angry at anyone. Apparently Paislyjane was unhappy that her suggestion was "torn apart" but I never expressed any anger toward Paislyjane. The message from me that you quoted above is merely a bland statement, explaining why a certain suggestion, from Paisleyjane (that I did not ask for) seemed irrelevant to me. I did not "tear apart" anything. Paislyjane seemed unhappy that I went into too much detail. But I like to explain my decisions, not simply say "no I don't like that." Some people may want to keep their head in the sand, and not hear why I don't like their suggestions, but it seems to me that most people would feel slighted if I simply rejected their suggestion without fully explaining why. So I went with the full explanation. It seemed to be the most polite and respectful choice, to me. So I don't understand why you think I should work on my "people skills." Nor does it seem to me that there is a better way to relate to people, than the one I used. Explaining why I don't want to follow a suggestion, is respectful. Just saying "I don't like your suggestion," is disrespectful. So I would rather err on the side of too much detail in my explanations, than too little.

For suggestions, made by others, such as Capstan, that seemed more relevant to me, I acknowledged how they seemed relevant.
#21 Old 01-24-2011, 08:53 AM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:

Yea, I was thinking of moving to a small town. Preferably a totally rural area like the Great Smokies. But if I'm having trouble finding employment on Long Island, it may be harder to find a job in a small town. The money I've saved would not last me awful long. The amount I could get monthly from social security, 1190, I don't think it would be enough for a decent rental of a studio apartment anywhere in the US, and leave me enough for other monthly expenses.

If I could find a vegan, without hairy animal companions, to share a 2 bedroom apartment with, I might be able to afford 1/2 an apartment.

The 6 figures are for buying a going business. I assume it just includes current inventory, and equipment, and the right to use the existing business name. There would of course be insurance, more expenses on inventory, employee salaries, and probably monthly rental unless the amount to buy includes buying the building and land also. But I doubt it. As the typical 1/4 acre lot with a house, around here, is about 400,000 at the low end.

I believe I could live very comfortably on $1190 a month, including cigarettes, which are very expensive. You can research apartment rental prices for anywhere in the country, on the web. New York isn't really representative of the whole country, not by a long shot. You may not find a beach-front split-level with a Jacuzzi, and you may have to manage your money. But to be honest, at our age, starting a competitive new business doesn't seem feasible. Also, there are many apartment complexes, everywhere, that offer rent discounts for folks over 55. I'd look into it. My mother has a very nice apartment, if modest, that costs her $350 per month.

#22 Old 01-24-2011, 09:17 AM
Banned

capstan, there must be some investors somewhere, willing to invest in a retail tire-sales business, or government help with making a business plan and locating investors, or finding bank loans. Especially given the amount of experience I have in the field of motor vehicle maintenance, and the growing tendency for people to keep vehicles running more miles, and buying new vehicles less frequently.

It also seems that they would be more plentiful, and easier to find, than people who want to invest similar sums in a "vegan farm." No matter how much I love vegan farming, it doesn't seem to make it a good economic choice, given that finding investors for any kind of small farm (involving less than $1,000,000 in investments) is very hard. Farming is moving into the hands of fewer and fewer people; motor vehicle maintenance is moving into the hands of more and more. I don't know how to reverse this trend, in the near future, only how to profit from an existing trend. If the trend can be reversed, by constantly communicating about reversing it, great. But until it is reversed, it would seem to be a bad investment. Am I wrong?
#23 Old 01-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:

capstan, there must be some investors somewhere, willing to invest in a retail tire-sales business, or government help with making a business plan and locating investors, or finding bank loans. Especially given the amount of experience I have in the field of motor vehicle maintenance.

It also seems that they would be easier to find, than people who want to invest similar sums in an "vegan farm."

Well, you seem to have a handle on things. Let us know how you do!

#24 Old 01-24-2011, 09:26 AM
Banned

Quote:

I believe I could live very comfortably on $1190 a month, including cigarettes, which are very expensive. You can research apartment rental prices for anywhere in the country, on the web. New York isn't really representative of the whole country, not by a long shot. You may not find a beach-front split-level with a Jacuzzi, and you may have to manage your money. But to be honest, at our age, starting a competitive new business doesn't seem feasible. Also, there are many apartment complexes, everywhere, that offer rent discounts for folks over 55. I'd look into it. My mother has a very nice apartment, if modest, that costs her $350 per month.

Thanks Capstan.
#25 Old 01-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Banned

Quote:

My mother has a very nice apartment, if modest, that costs her $350 per month.

The cheapest I've seen anywhere in the US, on Apartments.com, is about 395, for a studio, but that doesn't include electricity, and cable-internet-telephone. And I wonder if it isn't a bait and switch amount, designed to sign you up to an apartment costing over $1000 per month. And the cost to travel far away and check a place out before putting down a large deposit, can be quite a lot.

Electric air conditioning in the South and Southwest can get expensive.

Electricity costs vary quite a bit from place to place. About $0.23 per kwh on Long Island (comes to $150 per month in the summer air conditioning season) to like about 0.09 per kwh in the Tennessee Valley.

Also, I get sick from small amounts of tobacco smoke and while I get sick in any building except a totally non-smoking building, some buildings have worse air seepage from apartment to apartment, than others.
#26 Old 01-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Impeach the gangster

Generally, the cost of living goes way down, once you get away from the big cities. 395 would be 1/3 of your fixed income. Utilities would be another 200 at most. That would leave half your check for car insurance, food and making whoopie. And you're smart to think of a temperate climate like the Smokies. Life's a gamble, soilman. Who knows? With your expertise in auto maintenance, you might find a decent job very quickly in a rural area. Experienced mechanics are hard to find. You might not be the boss, but so what? I'll tell you one thing: the slower pace of small town life and the natural beauty have a value beyond dollars and cents.

#27 Old 01-24-2011, 10:57 AM
Banned

Capstan It would be nice if i knew someone in the area where I wanted to move to. Apartment sellers can leave out vital, negative info about an apartment complex, esp if they are talking to someone from out of town. Like for example the apartment complex is on a government eminant domain list, to be torn down for a highway, withint the next 2 months. Just pointing to a place on the map, and saying that's where I'm going, seems like too big a gamble to me.

I really like the slower pace, and natural beauty, of rural areas. I'd love to work on farm equipment as well as automobiles and trucks.

While I have considerable experience as a mechanic, due to age, I no longer have the ability to keep a high rate of production over a long day. It isn't just a matter of knowing how to diagnose problems and fix them. Employers want you to spend as little time on each job as possible, and do as many per day as possible. I can't honestly tell a prospective employer that I can do this any more. I get tired fast. The dirt and grease starts getting to me. That's why I wanted to have my own shop where I could do the bookkeeping, advertising, purchasing, and inventory, get my hands dirty a bit, but have younger people do a lot of the dirty work.

The lowest price for single bedroom apartments in my area seems to be between 1500 and 2000. Finding someplace for $400 per month, anywhere, would not seem easy. Not without all kinds of goverment subsidies. I've applied for such several times, but never gotten them.
#28 Old 01-24-2011, 11:20 AM
Banned

I'd really love to just give my current landlord notice, get in my car, drive to the Smokies, and find an apartment within a few days of getting there, that I could afford. But I'd be afraid it wouldn't work out and I'd end up homeless, in a strange area.
#29 Old 01-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Banned

There are also the people who get into my taxi, and light up a cigarette without asking me. Or worse, ask me if its ok; I say no; and they light up anyway.
#30 Old 01-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Impeach the gangster

Do you have family anywhere? Knowing some one would definitely be a plus.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page