I officially quit... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-12-2004, 04:08 PM

I'm being bombarded with people right now, but it's done. I'm here until the end of the month.

My boss said some wonderful things, and wants to talk to me next week about my problems at work. I've decided to open up, be honest, and get it out.

In any case, I feel like the world just lifted off my shoulders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-12-2004, 04:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I really hope this thing works out one way or the other Krista.

Being miserable at work is the pits.
#3 Old 02-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Veggie Regular

I hope things work out for you, Krista. I think the relief you're feeling is a good sign that you made the right decision. (Although I doubt you need any affirmation on that!)

Good luck!

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.
#4 Old 02-12-2004, 04:25 PM

My boss is willing to be a reference for me. He talked about me not fitting in the way that they needed, but it did not take away from the type of worker I am.

I feel...light...
#5 Old 02-12-2004, 04:50 PM
Veggie Regular

good for you krista

I'm glad you feel better

I'm sorry you had to go through all that stress
#6 Old 02-12-2004, 05:54 PM

Yay Krista!! Isn't it a relief?
#7 Old 02-12-2004, 09:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Good for you! I'm so happy.
#8 Old 02-12-2004, 09:32 PM
Veggie Regular

krista I know it was probably hard to do but I definitely think you did the right thing....Good luck with your next job search and I'm sure you'll find one that fits you much better!
#9 Old 02-12-2004, 09:40 PM
Veggie Regular

good show!

when i left my worst job ever, they called me three months later begging me to come back. it felt sooo good to be able to turn them down after all they'd put me through. they tried to raise my wage by $2.00 an hour and offered me more vacation time, but nothing would have gotten me back there. not as long as freaky ass personnel manager was still running the show. even now, almost 10 years later, i still see ads in the newspaper by them, looking for someone to fill their office positions.

i'm proud of you for sticking up for yourself, babe. you're going to find your groove somewhere more healthy for sure.
#10 Old 02-12-2004, 11:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristadb View Post

I'm being bombarded with people right now, but it's done. I'm here until the end of the month.

My boss said some wonderful things, and wants to talk to me next week about my problems at work. I've decided to open up, be honest, and get it out.

hopefully you both get to the core of the problem, and have we seen the last of "job complain threads"
#11 Old 02-12-2004, 11:41 PM

You don't like them? Don't read them.
#12 Old 02-13-2004, 12:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreeli View Post

good show!

when i left my worst job ever, they called me three months later begging me to come back. it felt sooo good to be able to turn them down after all they'd put me through. they tried to raise my wage by $2.00 an hour and offered me more vacation time, but nothing would have gotten me back there. not as long as freaky ass personnel manager was still running the show. even now, almost 10 years later, i still see ads in the newspaper by them, looking for someone to fill their office positions.

i'm proud of you for sticking up for yourself, babe. you're going to find your groove somewhere more healthy for sure.

10 years later? *looks dumbfounded* i would of thought you were only about 20 from your avatar photo.
#13 Old 02-13-2004, 12:08 AM

maybe she was 10 when she got that job?
#14 Old 02-13-2004, 12:26 AM
Veggie Regular

aww. no, i'm old. i turned 30 back in october.

1vegan, didn't your mother teach you good manners?
#15 Old 02-13-2004, 12:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreeli View Post

1vegan, didn't your mother teach you good manners?

Yep, I use them when ever I think they come in handy.

This is in the veggie patch, not in a support forum.

If you don't want comments, start a thread in a support forum.

Numerous times I have seen Krista complain about things, pointing the finger at others, while she seems to make the problems herself.

She partially admits that.

Here in the veggie patch, I can give my opinion, and I do so when I choose.

My opinion is that I'm glad she quit and hope to see no more job-complain threads from krista. I don't think that's strange and I don't think I'm alone in that.

Some times you help people the best by telling them the truth.
#16 Old 02-13-2004, 12:47 AM
Veggie Regular

sheesh!

it's one thing to get all technical and weird about your criticisms of krista's threads, and it's an entirely other thing to have the sensitivity and wisdom to know when to keep your opinions to yourself.

she said it herself: you don't like them? don't read them.

the last thing anyone needs is a bunch of unneccessary negativity around here. come on. take it off the boards and into PM if you really want to tell her something like this. it's the right thing to do.

ps - your "truth" may not be as true as you'd like it to be, mr. cocky-pants.
#17 Old 02-13-2004, 01:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

why do you keep starting seperate threads on one and the same subject.?
#18 Old 02-13-2004, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1vegan View Post

why do you keep starting seperate threads on one and the same subject.?

And why do you keep reading them if they irritate you so much?

I have been in a similar situation to Krista's. My bosses were impossible to please, completely illogical and unpredictable. But I felt trapped there for a number of reasons. The job market in my area sucked, and although I sent out resumes and filled out applications, I couldn't find another job. The only jobs available wouldn't have paid enough to support me.

Krista, I completely understand your situation. I'm glad that you are working to find something better for yourself. That kind of stress and assault on your self-esteem isn't worth any amount of money.
#19 Old 02-13-2004, 08:56 AM

For the record, I agree with 1vegan. I read this thread only to see whether there was a possibility that we might see a decrease in the momentum of this turning into the "krista boards" rather than "veggieboards". Other than this thread, I haven't read a thread started by krista for quite some time; they're all about her, rather than any kind of general discussion. One of the reasons I haven't been around much lately is because I'm getting bored with seeing the ego trip every time I log on.

Maybe there could be one thread "krista's life and times"?
#20 Old 02-13-2004, 09:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

You could take that same advice about the lovey dovey threads you always post little puke smilies in.
#21 Old 02-13-2004, 09:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post

You could take that same advice about the lovey dovey threads you always post little puke smilies in.

exactly!
#22 Old 02-13-2004, 09:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I read krista's job-complaining threads because I have been in so many sucky jobs myself. I've been in the position of being unfairly treated, caught between radically different sets of expectations, working for psychos, not being able to quit yet because I need the money and jobs are scarce. So I empathise with her and I'm pulling for her.

Maybe she should have posted this in support, but honestly this is a situation where the decent thing to do is give support or keep your mouth shut. And if you don't like what she writes, you can keep your fingers off the keys when you see her threads, or you can make use of the handy ignore function.
#23 Old 02-13-2004, 09:22 AM
Veggie Regular

If this is going to continue in the manner it has been for the past half page or so, it is going to be locked.

As usual: If you don't like a thread, don't look at it, and don't post in it. It is not up to anyone to make comments on what should and should not be posted in here.
#24 Old 02-13-2004, 09:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post

Maybe she should have posted this in support, but honestly this is a situation where the decent thing to do is give support or keep your mouth shut. And if you don't like what she writes, you can keep your fingers off the keys when you see her threads, or you can make use of the handy ignore function.

Thanks.
#25 Old 02-13-2004, 10:26 AM
Veggie Regular

oy. it was my idea to start the jobhunters support thread. if you think it's in the wrong forum ask a mod to move it. there are many of us jobhunting right now and speaking as one it's good to see someone else talk about it, so we know we're not the only ones going through this sort of crap.

granted it's fair game in the veggie patch but if she wanted to start an argument she'd have put it in compost.

plus having mentioned her hardships before she likely thought some of us would want to know the current updates on the situation. i know i do, because i give a damn when a fellow vb'er is going through a rough time.

that being said, Krista congrats on finally making the jump. it's hard to do i know. my mom worked in a place she hated for years, the stress was literally putting her on the verge of a stroke, she had to quit but couldn't stay within the insurance industry the way they're screwing over their clients nowadays. so she had to start new, new job in a new field. it's scary when you feel you're at a point that you should be settled.

good luck.

and if you want to post about your jobhunt updates i'd be more than happy to read about it

though to keep the peace should we stick to the support thread and move it to the support forum? cause god forbid anyone be forced at gunpoint to read our whining posts just because they're in the veg patch

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#26 Old 02-13-2004, 10:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post

...Maybe she should have posted this in support, but honestly this is a situation where the decent thing to do is give support or keep your mouth shut. And if you don't like what she writes, you can keep your fingers off the keys when you see her threads, or you can make use of the handy ignore function.

I couldn't have said it better. There are at least 300 posts per day that irritate the living Sh.T out of me.

It seems as if some people have been soooo lucky that they A. don't have to work or B. He/She has never had to put up with a supervisor who has driven them to the brink of insanity.
#27 Old 02-13-2004, 10:33 AM

Back to the point- yay for you, Krista!

I'm so happy for you & can just imagine how much better you feel.
#28 Old 02-13-2004, 11:13 AM

Well, isn't this a pleasant place to visit.

ladyfaile: plus having mentioned her hardships before she likely thought some of us would want to know the current updates on the situation. i know i do, because i give a damn when a fellow vb'er is going through a rough time.

Yeah, I posted because people send me pms if I don't post and I hate responding to PMs with the same answer on each. Sorry to have offended the masses. Don't worry, ladyfaile. Mouse has repeatedly reminded me that no one cares about my opinion in enough threads. Thankfully, the feeling is mutual about her as well.
#29 Old 02-13-2004, 11:17 AM
Veggie Regular

honestly, sometimes people can be really disappointing. i'm sorry this thread took that turn, krista. try to focus on all the positive and hopeful responses you got and ignore the two rude ones.
#30 Old 02-13-2004, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse View Post

For the record, I agree with 1vegan. I read this thread only to see whether there was a possibility that we might see a decrease in the momentum of this turning into the "krista boards" rather than "veggieboards". Other than this thread, I haven't read a thread started by krista for quite some time; they're all about her, rather than any kind of general discussion. One of the reasons I haven't been around much lately is because I'm getting bored with seeing the ego trip every time I log on.

Maybe there could be one thread "krista's life and times"?

Wow. My opinion has just been changed.

No one is twisting your arm to click on the threads. Just don't read them. Is it so difficult to show restraint?

You too 1Vegan.

I'm glad you quit Krista. Please keep us posted on the happenings. I, for one, care about your well-being.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page