Looking for gift ideas - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Veggie Regular

My family does a holiday gift exchange wherein we each buy one gift that costs $50 and then we play a game to determine who gets what (white elephant). The game works best when there's an assortment of really cool things along with some things that very few people like.

In the past, gifts have been things like:
$50 gift card to iTunes
Set of various teas
Book on crafting with some supplies
Wine bottle opener
Headphones
50 odds and ends from the dollar store

So I need some ideas for this year. I'm tempted to get something like one really big chocolate bar but I'm not quite set on that yet. What would you get?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-17-2010, 12:14 PM

While I wouldn't suggest the 50 items from the dollar store .. perhaps just a few items (maybe $10-$20/each) such as a gift card to a restaurant, a few specialty chocolates, an amazon gift card (I buy all my music through amazon), some dried fruits, and perhaps instead of wrapping it putting it into an earth friendly bag (like one of the shopping bags that people have so they don't use the ones the stores provide).
#3 Old 12-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Maybe a gift basket of special vegan treats. Different jerkys, chocolate, a can of vegan haggis, whatever.

I would not get "things" because a lot of people have enough junk already.

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#4 Old 12-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

I like the hamper idea of Irizary's.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#5 Old 12-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Personally I'd do gift cards for things like gas, grocery stores, restaurants, or even one of those "credit card" gift cards. $50 is a lot of money (to me at least) and I wouldn't want to end up with a product I'd never use or want.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page