Facebook Cartoon Character Campaign Brings Child Abuse To An End - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 12-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Banned

deleted

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 12-06-2010, 04:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira View Post

My European friends were changing their profile pics for cartoons last month. they just did it to "bring back childhood memories"
now that it hit our child crazy continent it is about "child abuse".
Hey, guess what, makes me want to punch an annoying brat even more!

Have you sought professional help for your anger issues? Not being mean, I genuinely think it would do you some good to talk to somebody.

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
#33 Old 12-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

I would have never known about the existence of Pedo-Bear if this eye-opening meme had never taken place.

No such thing. Like the ALF is to the AR movement, it's rumor used by those in charge to demonize anime fandom. A bogeyman. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

Tam! RUGH!
#34 Old 12-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Veggie Regular

I honestly didn't even know what the sudden influx of cartoons was even about. I had to ask a coworker.

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#35 Old 12-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post

I honestly didn't even know what the sudden influx of cartoons was even about. I had to ask a coworker.

The most annoying part to me is that some people were posting muppets like those characters from "Dinosaurs."

I'm pretty sure that doesn't count as a cartoon. It was a live action show.

Tam! RUGH!
#36 Old 12-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Veggie Regular

I didn't even know that's what it was for. I just saw cartoon characters and figured, "hey it must be favorite cartoon characters from your childhood!".

So I make up the "out of the loop margin".

In other words, I don't really think changing a profile pic is going to make much difference.

I do not understand/What it is I've done wrong/Full of holes/Check for pulse/Blink your eyes/One for yes/Two for no/I have no idea what I am talking about/I am trapped in this body and can't get out-Radiohead
#37 Old 12-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

No such thing. Like the ALF is to the AR movement, it's rumor used by those in charge to demonize anime fandom. A bogeyman. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

Now you've made Pedobear angry.
He's coming for you.
Seriously.

As for the facebook meme, I said this when I saw it on Know Your Meme and I'll say it again: What is this actually supposed to do for child abuse?

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

#38 Old 12-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid_child View Post

I kind of went postal on some people on FB about this. I'm a social worker working in foster care prevention. I'm overworked, underpaid, and treated like dirt. When people ask me about what I do and I tell them they make faces or say things like "that sounds awful." Yea, it is, and how about a "thanks for having the balls to do a vital job that I don't have the balls to do." Nah, I'll just change my FB picture.

I'd say thank you to you! I used to work as a receptionist in social services and I thought the social workers were amazing. They get SUCH a bad rap because the media only talks about when things go WRONG, when there are so many other cases of social workers HELPING. I couldn't do the job, you guys are the best.
#39 Old 12-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Veggie Regular

I heard about this, but I didn't realize it had anything to do with raising awareness about child abuse. I don't really see the connection.

"I am a woman of science. At least that's what my horoscope said."
#40 Old 12-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Veggie Regular

The whole thing seemed offensive, and I was never abused as a kid. It just seemed to be trivialising the issue as if it's some quaint little cause rather than the serious, horrible thing it is - the effects of which can last a lifetime.
#41 Old 12-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAded View Post

The whole thing seemed offensive, and I was never abused as a kid. It just seemed to be trivialising the issue as if it's some quaint little cause rather than the serious, horrible thing it is - the effects of which can last a lifetime.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page