what to buy a bf for christmas - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-02-2010, 05:45 PM

Okay! so this is my first real adult healthy relationship basically seeing as i haven't dated in 3 years.
we have only been together for a couple months, however he is paying for half my ticket for hawaii for part of my christmas present which is 450$

i really need ideas!
what have you boughten a boyfriend? i feel like such a noob at this i don't know whats cool or whats lame. My best friend Kate suggested me go for [link to a $130 gor-tex jacket] ,but i am not sure,it is good or not.Should i get it or not?

I bought him a buffalo shirt so far but thats it lol!
help please!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I've been with my fiance 4 years and still suck at getting him gifts he's such a good gift giver and my gifts are always a bit lame.
I am currently putting together Birthday and Christmas gifts (his birthdays next week ugh so close to Christmas) for his birthday I'm taking him to Hersheypark but for Christmas, it's a bit more difficult. I've been trying
a)listen to things he mentions he wants/wouldn't buy himself
b)think sentimental, things that are related to our relationship or shared interests

Also think homemade. Can you bake? Make his favorite cake. Are you artistic? How about art?

What does he like?

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will then know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
#3 Old 12-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Homemade is the way to go. Last year my girlfriend, no longer with her but anyway, made me a scarf. I don't normally wear scarves, like ever, but I wore that because it meant a lot that she took the time to make it for me. I think it means a lot more than buying something.

And don't worry about him not liking it! I'm sure he'll love whatever you come up with!

Disclaimer: I'm insane.
#4 Old 12-03-2010, 06:22 AM
Veggie Regular

The first Christmas together... I bought my husband some new towels (romantic, eh? his were gross), a book on massage and massage oil and massage tool things so we could do that together, and I don't remember what else. Fast forward to this year, our sixth Christmas together, he's getting new slippers, a bath robe, a Blu-Ray player, his favorite movie on Blu-Ray, and chargers for his Wii.
Other things I've gotten him in the past include the Wii, video games, pajamas, clothing, Jones Soda, uhm... hmm.. we've had a lot of holidays!

http://megatarian.blogspot.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page