Funny Thing Happened at School Today... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-05-2004, 06:35 AM
Veggie Regular

I was standing in the girl's bathroom at school today, facing inside with my back facing to the door, so that people outside could see my back.

This one girl walks in and stops, and says really loudly, "OMG, Why is there a GUY in the girl's toilets?!"

Then she goes up to my friend, points at me and says, "Is that a guy?"

Without waiting for an answer she walks up to me and says, "Are you a guy?"

I say, "No."

And she gasps and says, "OMG, I'm so sorry! So sorry etc etc."

And then she goes and hides in the cubicle until we left.

It was so funny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-05-2004, 11:54 AM
Veggie Regular

that's pathetic. people mistook one of my highschool friends for a guy sometimes, though she wore a skirt to school every day (uniform)

i find it so stupid when people can't tell if someone's male or female. once at a bar my friends were debating if one of the other customers was male or female. i'm like "ok, A: she has huge boobs. B: you all are idiots. C: it's none of your business anyways"

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#3 Old 02-05-2004, 12:17 PM
Veggie Regular

When I was little, I was quite a Tom boy and was often mistaken for a boy. My teenage brother was quite pretty and was sometimes mistaken for a girl.

I remember this one clerk would always say to me "how ya doing young fella?" and "may I help you miss?" to him. It bothered him a lot more than it bothered me...I remember I kind of liked it.

Sometimes I see people that I just can't tell...I never ask. It's sorta like asking if someone with a belly is pregnant...rude.
#4 Old 02-05-2004, 02:40 PM
Veggie Regular

When I had short hair people would call me "sir" from time to time, despite the fact that I very obviously have boobs. It usually happened when I was wearing a bulky sweatshirt or something "mannish". My poor boyfriend has been mistaken for a female a number of times. I think it's because he's short and when he's clean shaven his facial featuers look softer.
#5 Old 02-05-2004, 05:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, all my friend could say for ten minutes afterwards was, "But you have a chest!"

I also thought it was weird cause at the moment my hair is pink, so... how many guys have pink hair?
#6 Old 02-05-2004, 06:32 PM
Veggie Regular

I remember once on vacation when I was 10 or so some guy my cousins are friends with walked up to me and said "Wow, you've been sitting quietly so long, you're the best behaved boy I've ever seen."

I was furious
#7 Old 02-05-2004, 06:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I used to constantly get mistaken for a boy. I was very thin, which meant no chest. And it didn't help when my mother decided to cut my hair very short.

It really used to piss me off.
#8 Old 02-05-2004, 06:51 PM
Veggie Regular

When I was very, very young, a door-to-door salesman used to come to our house. Known only as "The Blair Man", he brought along overpriced handlotion, kitchen tools and other needless junk.

He was extremely old, walked stooped-over with a cane, was almost blind and practically deaf. My mom used to buy junk from him because she felt sorry for the guy.

I can still remember wandering into the kitchen while the Blair man was doing his spiel. I had long hair, but because it was evening I had it all pulled back in a bun. The Blair man leaned over his cane and boomed, "Hello, little boy!" I just stood there in confused silence.

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#9 Old 02-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Veggie Regular

i think that this can all be traced back to sexism, honestly. why does it matter if you are mistaken for the opposite gender? for men, it would be deemed an insult because women are considered "soft" or "weak" (qualities not considered desireable in males). for women, it would be deemed an insult because men are supposed to be "tough" and "strong" (qualities not considered desireable in females).

i personally dig on gender benders. i like how it throws people into a tizzy. my daughter had a super short haircut in the summer and if i had her in sundress people would get really upset when they couldn't figure out if she was a girl with short hair or a boy in a dress. i want both my kids to resist taking on definitive gender characteristics for as long as possible. they are detrimental and contribute to the sexism in our culture.
#10 Old 02-06-2004, 03:55 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm going to shave my head one day... just to see what's it's like.
#11 Old 03-22-2004, 04:13 AM
Veggie Regular

I had a boyfriend years ago who was really tall and slim with hair a bit longer than mine (which is halfway down my back or longer). Once when we were walking hand in hand down the street a bunch of hoons starting yelling and wolf whistling us from their car - they then yelled out "Ohhhh lesbians!".
#12 Old 03-22-2004, 07:45 AM
Veggie Regular

I can be quite femm in a non-camp sort of way. But I enjoy it, I see women as the fairer sex and it makes me happy when I am mistaken for one.
#13 Old 03-22-2004, 12:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarly View Post

so... how many guys have pink hair?

Benji Madden
#14 Old 03-22-2004, 02:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly View Post

I'm going to shave my head one day... just to see what's it's like.

Cool. Do it!

I did, after having long hair ever since i was a kid. The reactions i got were very interesting, including a 'girly' best female friend deciding that she didnt like me anymore because i was apparently deliberately trying to be ugly and throw away my femininity. erm yeah okay. hehehe.

im sure i will shave it all off again someday.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page